Awoo.

Sonic Official Announces "Project Sonic '22" Promotional Messaging

Dreadknux

Seems like we have this sort of thing every year from the Japanese Sonic marketing team, but today we have a new promotional messaging design announced by the official JP Sonic channel. Get ready for 'Project Sonic '22'!

project-sonic-22.png

Congratulations if you recognise the artwork - it's a throwback to the original 'Project Sonic' branding that Sonic Team used in Japan during the SEGA Saturn generation (used to promote things like Sonic Jam and Sonic R). Only using Modern Sonic silhouette and adding the year 2022, obviously.

Project_Sonic_logo.png

It's probably a good time to do this as well, because this year is going to be absolutely stacked with Sonic media and content, as Sonic's 30th Anniversary unofficially spills over to 2022 (most likely due to delays suffered by the ongoing COVID pandemic). We have the Sonic Prime TV series hitting Netflix soon, the Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel arriving in theatres, the Sonic Origins compilation pack and a brand new game in Sonic Frontiers. So there's plenty to be excited about.

What do you think of the Project Sonic '22 branding? Love it? Hate it? Share your thoughts! :) 

• Thumbs Up 4

• The title was changed to Sonic Official Announces "Project Sonic '22" Promotional Messaging

It's a nice logo and good callback. And hey, the first Project Sonic did do a good job hyping up Sonic Adventure in Japan. So if this works out, then this may be the break Sonic needs to be in good graces in his home country.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda funny how the original started with Sonic Jam and the new one will presumably start with Sonic Origins. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like it, a decade ago many fans were desperate for a return to classic roots. Now it looks like Sonic Team really acknowledge that and hopefully we will see many more classic and modern games late this year.

• 2 months later...

Likely to be part of this initiative by Sega of Japan. They intend to absolutely bombard Japan in Summer with Sonic starting with Origins onwards. I guess it makes sense why they delayed the movie to August.

4 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

Likely to be part of this initiative by Sega of Japan. They intend to absolutely bombard Japan in Summer with Sonic starting with Origins onwards. I guess it makes sense why they delayed the movie to August.

I've been hearing that SEGA is planning on expanding the Sonic Franchise in Japan, which is a good move in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I've been hearing that SEGA is planning on expanding the Sonic Franchise in Japan, which is a good move in my opinion.

Good luck with that. Sonic has never been popular over there. I wish them the best though.

• Thumbs Up 1