Awoo.

Mario Strikers Battle League - Switch - June 10th 2022 - "Football is Charged once more"

Ryannumber1gamer

All the Hyper Strikes (So Far)...

Edit: The Nintendo of America website wants to note that Toad is a character you can pick more than one of on the same team...

I knew this from checking the Japanese website, but they don't say such a thing for Yoshi.

There is a free demo tutorial right now, online trial on June 4 and 5. Plus this announcement.

I don't mind free updates... but the base game is REALLY lacking and so not worth 60 dollars, if this is an excuse to release smaller games for the usual price, I really don't find it fair.

Another thing I would have preferred is to have had some kind of unlockable besides custom parts, rewards to keep playing but I guess not...

Still, *sigh* can't wait for this game, will be buying once it releases because it looks really fun and charming, but if you are not hooked immediately, I still suggest everyone interested to buy it once the "complete" version is out.

1 hour ago, Red Hot Jack said:

...but the base game is REALLY lacking characters...

It might be worth it to say what really matters here.

• 3 weeks later...

Made a club league for SSMB called Sonic Strikers, for anyone who wants to join, it basically lets 20 players come together for seasons and the like.

Code's 6RR71M5 if anyone wants to join.

I put an application in. I live in Massachusetts, but I use the LAN dock because I'd be crazy not to.

• Thumbs Up 1

A note about how Strikers Club online works. You don't have to choose your striker as Captain when building a team, so feel free to make any kind of build. Like for instance, a strong character that can get the ball and pass it to the shooter, or a speedy character that can pressure the field. I actually have a DK gear set that can fit the former, and I'm considering adding him to the roster instead of my forward Mario if needed.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

I hate the optics Nintendo put on these things. It's not a free update. It's a strategic content drip feed that only really ensures that physical copies are incomplete.

• Thumbs Up 1

They went ahead and dropped the dope...

Immediately announcing there are only 2 more of these, most likely (certainly) going the Super Rush route and withing the next 2 months.

Daisy of all people (literally the sports-lover) had no business being a flipping add-on in Strikers of all things. Nintendo's strategy of putting out admittedly, fine games that are blatantly unfinished is so apparent in this case.

If they add any new modes, I'll probably care more about this game. The game is solid, but the lack of things to do is just crushing. 

1 hour ago, VO.SUPER said:

...but the lack of things to do is just crushing. 

It's only a real problem now...

Soccer is one of the most controllable movement sports too, if it weren't for achievements...they could do a better challenge mode.

Weren't no modes is gonna be for this game if they couldn't think of none twice before.