Awoo.

Sonic Movie 3 is in development and TV show about Knuckles is announced

phobs

On 4/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Found this cool Movie Rouge design designed by tcrmnk from YouTube. I could see the official Rouge design look similar to this.:

Here is another one by the same artist.:

df434g2-ec0dcb49-83f1-40e4-98b4-898ed5457354.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2UwOTJkNjRjLWVhYTMtNDE0Yi1iNmNjLTNjMDU0OTdhYjllN1wvZGY0MzRnMi1lYzBkY2I0OS04M2YxLTQwZTQtOThiNC04OThlZDU0NTczNTQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.zy-_2ECmBF7sXKRZI5d1uSGQmog968QQ276BHClvhSE

Source

Remember the Movie Rouge model that I show you a while ago? Well, the artist who made the Movie Rouge model also made an Movie Amy model. I can see Amy looking like this.:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found this from Twitter. Do you think he is perfect to voice Shadow?

I don't think so. I still prefer Keanu Reeves for Shadow.

On 12/15/2022 at 2:32 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think so. I still prefer Keanu Reeves for Shadow.

Yeah, I agree. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out who will voice Shadow probably likely next year.

Anyway, check out this cool artwork. I could see the poster for the 3rd movie look similar to this. Also, one of the writers like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do wonder, is SEGA heavily involved with the third movie or are they hands off the third movie like they were with the first two movies?

18 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I do wonder, is SEGA heavily involved with the third movie or are they hands off the third movie like they were with the first two movies?

Not sure, but it's likely they are only involved in the marketing of the movie like the other 2 movies.

The writer posted these. Pretty nice and cool!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not sure, but it's likely they are only involved in the marketing of the movie like the other 2 movies.

The writer posted these. Pretty nice and cool!

Can't believe we are a few years away from Sonic 3!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Can't believe we are a few years away from Sonic 3!

Yeah, I know. 

Anyway, I think it would be cool if they put something like this in the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 12/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Found this from Twitter. Do you think he is perfect to voice Shadow?

I think he’d be a great fit for Shadow. Helps that Henry is a huge gamer.

Here is a recent interview with the writers. They talk about Shadow, Big, and Agent Stone.:

Spoiler

Josh, in Sonic 2, you end with that Shadow, the Hedgehog tease, which is so fun. In the standalone Shadow game, he has guns and is such an edgelord. How do you find the right tone when adapting a character like that?

Josh Miller: That was a big challenge with us and Jeff [Fowler] and Toby [Ascher], breaking the story for Sonic 3 and, obviously, they’ll murder us if we reveal too much, but with a character like Knuckles it very quickly was easy to see how we’d make Knuckles work so you can take him seriously, but he can also be funny since this is a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. You look to characters like Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation or Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s easier to wrap your head around that with Shadow, again, because he’s not really supposed to be that funny. I’m trying to think of what we can say since we can’t reveal anything.

Pat Casey: You have to look for it in the contrast between Shadow and Sonic and the other characters. Because Shadow is a very serious guy, but you don’t want to make him into a big joke like Lego Batman or something because he’s got to carry a serious story. But yeah, we can’t really reveal much.

Looking at Sonic, the lore is just so wild and you’ve done such a great job bringing in like Tails and Knuckles so far. But do you want to get really weird? Do you want to bring in stuff like Big the Cat, stuff from the Archie comics, that sort of thing? What’s the potential here?

Josh Miller: One thing that makes our lives a little easier is that the rights for the games are different than the rights from the comics. So I think just wholesale, we can’t really use stuff from the Archie comics, specifically. That at least narrows down what kind of things we can be doing. But I mean, I think anytime we’re working on it … at some point gets real weird and crazy and then we have to get reined back in. I don’t even mean Pat and I specifically. The whole team does it, and they’re like “we can’t do that!” Or “as big budget as these movies are, we can’t even afford that so let’s stop thinking about it.”

Pat Casey: But we’re both pretty pro-Big the Cat. At times, Big has had a cameo in basically all of these movies and then we have to pull him out.

Pat, what has it meant to see Agent Stone become so beloved, since he is an original character? Part of that’s the performance, but he’s just become like such a great part of these films and that’s all on the writing crew and the film.

Pat Casey: I mean, we love it. We love that people have been praised Agent Stone. It is funny, because his role in the first one was not even quite as big as it was in the movie in the script phase, but like Jim thought Lee [Majdoub] was so funny and kept calling him, he was like, “let’s get Lee in here. Robotnik should be saying this to Agent Stone.” When we saw that first movie, we were like, “man, this Agent Stone is just killing it. So we’ve got to put more of him in the second one.” The fans really, really embraced him. So that was the right decision. I love seeing all the Agent Stone fan art and stuff.

Josh Miller: If anything working on Sonic 3 was gratifying — I mean it should definitely be gratifying for Lee, but I mean to your initial point of this character who’s not from the canon, and as Pat was noting, the initial version of him in the script wasn’t even really that interesting. There just needed to be someone there for Robotnik to talk to. He was even an amalgam of two different characters, and they’re just like, “this should only be one actor.” But in the process of Sonic 2, we started working on it before the first movie came out. So Stone barely figured into Sonic 2 because we didn’t realize fans loved him so much. Then we’re like, ” oh we’ve got to cram Stone into 2.” So my my point being is that now Sonic 3 was the first one that we started talking about after already seeing the love of Stone. I think it should be gratifying for Lee that Stone was getting talked about at the same level as Knuckles and Tails. There was never a version of Sonic 3 that Stone wasn’t going to be in a core character of.

Source

• Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here is a recent interview with the writers. They talk about Shadow, Big, and Agent Stone.:

Hide contents

Josh, in Sonic 2, you end with that Shadow, the Hedgehog tease, which is so fun. In the standalone Shadow game, he has guns and is such an edgelord. How do you find the right tone when adapting a character like that?

Josh Miller: That was a big challenge with us and Jeff [Fowler] and Toby [Ascher], breaking the story for Sonic 3 and, obviously, they’ll murder us if we reveal too much, but with a character like Knuckles it very quickly was easy to see how we’d make Knuckles work so you can take him seriously, but he can also be funny since this is a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. You look to characters like Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation or Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s easier to wrap your head around that with Shadow, again, because he’s not really supposed to be that funny. I’m trying to think of what we can say since we can’t reveal anything.

Pat Casey: You have to look for it in the contrast between Shadow and Sonic and the other characters. Because Shadow is a very serious guy, but you don’t want to make him into a big joke like Lego Batman or something because he’s got to carry a serious story. But yeah, we can’t really reveal much.

Looking at Sonic, the lore is just so wild and you’ve done such a great job bringing in like Tails and Knuckles so far. But do you want to get really weird? Do you want to bring in stuff like Big the Cat, stuff from the Archie comics, that sort of thing? What’s the potential here?

Josh Miller: One thing that makes our lives a little easier is that the rights for the games are different than the rights from the comics. So I think just wholesale, we can’t really use stuff from the Archie comics, specifically. That at least narrows down what kind of things we can be doing. But I mean, I think anytime we’re working on it … at some point gets real weird and crazy and then we have to get reined back in. I don’t even mean Pat and I specifically. The whole team does it, and they’re like “we can’t do that!” Or “as big budget as these movies are, we can’t even afford that so let’s stop thinking about it.”

Pat Casey: But we’re both pretty pro-Big the Cat. At times, Big has had a cameo in basically all of these movies and then we have to pull him out.

Pat, what has it meant to see Agent Stone become so beloved, since he is an original character? Part of that’s the performance, but he’s just become like such a great part of these films and that’s all on the writing crew and the film.

Pat Casey: I mean, we love it. We love that people have been praised Agent Stone. It is funny, because his role in the first one was not even quite as big as it was in the movie in the script phase, but like Jim thought Lee [Majdoub] was so funny and kept calling him, he was like, “let’s get Lee in here. Robotnik should be saying this to Agent Stone.” When we saw that first movie, we were like, “man, this Agent Stone is just killing it. So we’ve got to put more of him in the second one.” The fans really, really embraced him. So that was the right decision. I love seeing all the Agent Stone fan art and stuff.

Josh Miller: If anything working on Sonic 3 was gratifying — I mean it should definitely be gratifying for Lee, but I mean to your initial point of this character who’s not from the canon, and as Pat was noting, the initial version of him in the script wasn’t even really that interesting. There just needed to be someone there for Robotnik to talk to. He was even an amalgam of two different characters, and they’re just like, “this should only be one actor.” But in the process of Sonic 2, we started working on it before the first movie came out. So Stone barely figured into Sonic 2 because we didn’t realize fans loved him so much. Then we’re like, ” oh we’ve got to cram Stone into 2.” So my my point being is that now Sonic 3 was the first one that we started talking about after already seeing the love of Stone. I think it should be gratifying for Lee that Stone was getting talked about at the same level as Knuckles and Tails. There was never a version of Sonic 3 that Stone wasn’t going to be in a core character of.

Source

Not surprised Archie is off-limits. If any continuity should get characters in the film it should be X. Topaz fits really well, Sam Speed can be used to have car chases like the Fast and the Furious films the producers worked on.

People suggested the GUN soldier at the end of 2 could just be made into Topaz, and that's a great idea.

The nixing ideas on account of a lack of budget makes me sad, as that's when these movies really shine tbh. Would be great if the honeypot could finally come off for these movies, oh well.

And as usual, everything they mention wrt Shadow is ticking all the right boxes. Even if it deviates from the source material, it sounds like they're making something really good with him with how much respect is being drawn to his backstory and purpose in the story. 2024 is going to be a long wait.

I don't think we'll ever get Topaz or the X characters back (obviously), but I really loved her interactions with Rouge, bring the female buddy cops back for this movie!

The GUN cast should be IMO:

Agent Stone (in disguise while working for Robotnik), Rouge (on mission), Female agent/Rouge's partner, Gun Commander/The Military Major 

I unironically like Neal McDonough character for the first movie more than the Olive Garden guy, and I think the latter is a bit too corny to be the head of GUN, plus the Major is both serious and can be a rival to Robotnik as seen in the first movie, I could see him trying to get revenge on Eggman. But as he wasn't in movie 2, I doubt they remember about him...

Also, other characters could work, strangely enough I think Big could work as a cameo, because he has no role in the plot, and the movie looks already in theory packed enough, Rouge must be in along with Shadow, no way you can have SA2 without her. Amy... as much as I want her, she'd be a big part and there is already a potentially huge cast.

Carrey's Robotnik is also a safe bet, for 2 reasons: the story is not finished, they wouldn't leave his fate ambiguous and have his be ending be that, plus there is a whole Robotnik family lore in SA2, it's just good Robotnik material for the actor.

So as returning CGI cast we have:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles (who's also in the series, I assume he is in this movie)

New cast:

Shadow

Rouge

So 5 CGI characters are already a lot, there is no way Amy can fit in this, sadly.

Potential human cast:

Robotnik 

Agent Stone

Tom Wachowski

Maddie

Rachel (due to SA2's San Francisco setting)

Randall (with Rachel)

GUN Commander

Tom's father? (from 50 years ago backstory)

Wade (?)

It's already a big cast as it probably is.

Personally I think Rouge and Knuckles should be cut from the movie and put the Knuckles TV show instead.

Maybe have a quick joke, Sonic complains that Knuckles bailed on them for something lame, quick cut to some exciting action scene from tv show.
Also, we could have a post-credit scene of Shadow meeting with Rouge.

That would make way more room in the movie, maybe big enough to have Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

bring the female buddy cops back for this movie!

if we don't get a graphic scene of Rouge making out with Topaz, what's even the point of these movies

21 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Personally I think Rouge and Knuckles should be cut from the movie and put the Knuckles TV show instead.

Maybe have a quick joke, Sonic complains that Knuckles bailed on them for something lame, quick cut to some exciting action scene from tv show.
Also, we could have a post-credit scene of Shadow meeting with Rouge.

That would make way more room in the movie, maybe big enough to have Amy.

It's SA2 (or SA2 as free inspiration). I'd rather have Rouge than Amy in this one, I get Amy is a priority and I love her, in fact, bring Amy in the show.

34 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

It's SA2 (or SA2 as free inspiration). I'd rather have Rouge than Amy in this one, I get Amy is a priority and I love her, in fact, bring Amy in the show.

Rouge in Knuckles TV show
- They have strong chemistry that wasn't touched in years
- Rouge will be 2nd most important character, something she doesn't get often
- She's the most logical choice for the antagonist, plot writes itself

Amy in Knuckles TV show
- Good chemistry, but weaker than Rouge
- Doesn't get to interact with Sonic, which is kinda crucial to properly introduce Amy
- She gets to be the core character, as usual, plus eventually she will join Sonic's core cast in the movies anyway
- What's the plot anyway?

Rouge in Sonic 3
- Much more limited time, she gets to be a B plot
- Must split her attention, building relation with Knuckles and Shadow at once
- She will play the vital part in Shadow's arc, that being... IDK, finding Gerald's diary?

Amy in Sonic 3
- Limited time, but she obviously sticks for the sequel AND will be part of the A plot
- Admittedly must split her attention between Sonic and Shadow, but it will feel more natural, as both hedgehogs interact
- She will play the vital part in Shadow's arc, that being, you know, the whole helping him reform thing

Other notes
- While Shadow and Rouge have a strong relationship that should be explored, I think it can wait till his return.
- Also, removing Rouge means we could remove Knuckles. The movie would be much more manageable with 4 characters instead of 5.
- Lastly, keep in mind that there will be no Eggman (presumably), so some changes will have to be made anyway

Happy New Year, everybody! It's now 2023! Only 719 days left until the movie is out. Can't wait to see more updates about the movie this year! It's going to be exciting!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:02 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, since Avatar 2 just crossed over $1 billion in the box office, do you think it's still safe to have Sonic the Hedgehog 3 come out the same day as Avatar 3?

I think people (especially on Reddit) overestimate the appeal of the Sonic films. Don't get me wrong, $400+ million is great for a video game adaption but Avatar 2 made that in a weekend/week...

I think they will move the date maybe in 2025 or early 2024.

Sonic is never going to compete with Avatar, y'all need to get that out of your heads right now. 

Movie's aren't a zero sum game. There is actually some benefit from being in the theaters during the 4 or 5 week stretch where you know foot traffic to the movies is going to be at its peak due to Avatar being in the house.

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Movie's aren't a zero sum game. There is actually some benefit from being in the theaters during the 4 or 5 week stretch where you know foot traffic to the movies is going to be at its peak due to Avatar being in the house.

I was curious about this, yeah. I’ve always pondered the idea of “don’t release a movie around xyz other popular film because then you’ll flop” or something. It gives me that feeling that some people view it as people only go to a theatre to see one movie at a time in a release cycle (which could be possible. I know my wife and I need to be choose-y about theatre films due to our budget for that with the cost of tickets). 

5 hours ago, Zadent said:

I was curious about this, yeah. I’ve always pondered the idea of “don’t release a movie around xyz other popular film because then you’ll flop” or something. It gives me that feeling that some people view it as people only go to a theatre to see one movie at a time in a release cycle (which could be possible. I know my wife and I need to be choose-y about theatre films due to our budget for that with the cost of tickets). 

I'm pretty sure that many people do watch different movies during a release cycle and Sonic 3 and Avatar 3 might have different enough audiences where both of them could do well.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:02 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, since Avatar 2 just crossed over $1 billion in the box office, do you think it's still safe to have Sonic the Hedgehog 3 come out the same day as Avatar 3?

They are so obviously going to change the release date. 

Also I think that Amy should be in the movie over Rouge if both of them can’t be in. Amy is one of the central characters in the franchise and is definitely the most prominent female character and is crucial to getting Shadow to switch alliances.