Awoo.

Street Fighter 6 Announced. Hot Ryu’s BACK baby!

KHCast

More news is scheduled to drop in the summer. Not much is known outside the two characters we see in the teaser.  Visually seems to be a step up from 5, tho this could just be cgi. It’ll probably look better, and probably just be an upgrade from why we saw in 5, but the stylistic visuals here definitely look unique to say the least.

I’m REALLY hoping shitty microtransactions don’t return here, that’s really the big concern of mine. Well, that and the general excessive monetization through skins and season passes. V was a mess on all fronts with this stuff, so hopefully they streamline it a bit and hold back, But won’t surprise me if nothing changes here.

Outside that, just give me Necalli and Rashid again,  and don’t make Ken butt ugly, and that’s all I’ll need character wise personally lol

Edit: interesting 

Edit 2: oh also, this fucking logo sucks.

Not sure how I feel about the art style. Looks like they've pared back all of the colourful character and flair from SFIV and V into the 'Focus Attack' style movements they do at the end of the teaser video. Definitely looks high quality in terms of graphics, but I wonder if going full-on "realistic Ryu" is the way to go here. Kinda kills the vibe.

Still, that flash of colour at the end does give me hope that it's not some edgy reboot of the SF series, so I'll wait until we see more before properly judging it. It is just a teaser after all.

Who thought it was a good idea to make Ryu look like "Mortal Kombat's Goro if he was from Star Trek's Mirror Universe", though???

• Thumbs Up 1

this is, while indirectly, a very good sign for the rumored Power Stone return which was indicated to be planned for 2024 in some sort of Capcom production schedule leak that happened in 2020; i only found out about it recently :) :) 

I just thought it was a bad, soulless logo. I didn't realise that it was stolen too. Hilarious 

Would the creator have had a case to sue Capcom over this? Cause potentially could have gotten more money that way instead of just selling the logo rights to them 

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

Would the creator have had a case to sue Capcom over this? Cause potentially could have gotten more money that way instead of just selling the logo rights to them 

They will probably settle out of court before something like that happens. Neither side really wants a lawsuit. Selling the logo is probably one of the more painless ways to just get his check and go.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I already knew I was gay, but these pics DEFINETLY re-affirmed that ta t for me. Ryu lookin' like more than just a snake, he's a whole ass buffet! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

20220310_232319.jpg

20220310_232336.jpg

20220310_232307.jpg

I'm interested to see how they try to make this one feel different to SFV, since it never really felt like everything came together in that one for me. Part of me feels like stripping things back a bit (leave Supers in, maybe bring back the Parry mechanic, no more comeback mechanics) and working on making each character feel as distinct as they did in the SF2 days might be a good idea, but in this modern age of having to appeal to everyone......I 'unno.

Just give me Q and Sakura and we're good.

• 2 months later...

I’m very mixed about the character models. Overall it looks fine enough, but I miss some of the cartoony flare already from previous games, and Chun-Li…ehh not a fan of her new look 

Also I’m hoping the open world thing adds some value to the experience and isn’t just there for the sake of it

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Chun-Li…ehh not a fan of her new look 

I swear. Between this and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.....poor Chun's face.

She’s trying to compete with Ken on who can look worse in 3D. Oh btw the roster apparently got leaked sooo

Spoiler

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2411.png

IMG_2409.png

FUTMWQ9XEAwdE7h.jpg

IMG_2410.png

IMG_2414.jpg

Spoiler

Yeah, considering what's going on right now I'm expecting Haggar to replace Zangief.

Spoiler

Hoping for Necalli to return as DLC or something since they hyped him up so much in 5 only to do Jack shit with him, I liked him a lot as a character… but my boy Rashid being there is hype 

6 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

She’s trying to compete with Ken on who can look worse in 3D. 

Let the man keep his title Chun. You don't have to keep doing this to yourself! Lol.

But yeah, aside from that, this game actually looks good so far.

Hopefully Capcom can pull this off without botching it.

And even better, hopefully this can net us something like a Capcom All-Stars crossover within themselves.

why did they have to make ryu so hot

i don’t even LIKE these games why they makin me buy them!!!!

• Chuckle 1

15 hours ago, Teoskaven said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, considering what's going on right now I'm expecting Haggar to replace Zangief.

Spoiler

Hahaha yeah so about that… 

Spoiler

I'm not american so i don't know if it's different there but memorials here in my country are done even with the person in question still alive, it matters only that said person has made something worth to be memorialized. And it would fit Haggar rebuilding Metro City 

And even if he's dead they can pull the excuse of "he's in the roster but this is the game where he dies".

Personally for me, leak culture doesn’t tend to effect me anymore since I’m pretty disillusioned with this industry and “hype culture/marketing” in AAA spaces outside a few exceptions, but something of this size has gotta definitely suck for the devs and people wanting cool surprising reveals. At the very least the leaks got people more interested. 

Certainly got me very interested in 6. Now all I need Capcom to do is NOT shove in shitty microtransactions into a $60/70 game that will already have dlc and season passes 

Spoiler

Oh god, I hope this isn't true. If it is, then poor Ken.

My big request for the series was for them to put the "Street" back in Street Fighter. The whole Esports/MMO sheen that first trailer had convinced me that we wouldn't see that but of course I was wrong and they've gone full tilt into a fully. A fully explorable metro city with street art defining the game's aesthetic, fashionable new designs for most of the cast and the revamped combat system being compared to the ebb and flow of dancing? It's like someone pulled the Street Fighter of my dreams out of my head.

...Almost, anyway. The character models are kind of rough and I think they'd be better off leaning less on realism but the fantastic animations are making up for it. Jamie looks insane.

The game is a lot more lively and colorful than the teasers implied and I'm happy about that! It almost looks like the effects are a bit too much during gameplay but I'd need to play a full match to see for sure.

Reading about the drive system and it seems much more 'free' than V. It seems like they combined basically every system from the previous games and tied it to the same meter? I'm worried about bloat but at least there are no character defining installs. It also should make the decision as far as what to do with your meter a bit more interesting. Multiple supers are back which should give characters a lot more options.

I like most of what I'm seeing and hearing so far. There are a few things that give me pause, like the simplified controls and the MMO style online lobby getting in the way when I just want ot hop into a match. I get enough of that from Arcsys. Still though I'm excited and I didn't know if I would be after SFV.

I don't think the character models are rough for the same reason as they were in, say, Infinite where they were rough because there was little effort put into them; but I do feel that the attempts to get the SF character art style and especially the SF character art style as it has been in 3D to this point into a more realistic looking game is kinda... not working so far. Chun Li is a big example because she has her trademark humongous Twitter artist thighs she has always had but then pretty much just normal calves which is definitely odd looking.

I know all the jokes about "SF with realism is just Tekken" have been flying like mad but Tekken 7 looks better than this does at this point.

I’ve seen people say regarding Chun-Li “well she actually looks Asian now” and like…am I missing something? I don’t think I ever heard that criticism beforehand, and I thought she looked fine. Were Asian communities outspoken about this?