Awoo.

Obscure Sonic Collaborations Topic

KHCast

As the title says, I want this to be a topic where you guys post any not that we’ll known collaborations with Sonic from throughout its existence, be it from the beginning to current. Should be fun to see what we all learn! I’ll start

So, I’m a big fan of m-flo, their original songs, and their remixes. They’ve done some for Utada Hikaru even, with a more energetic version of Utada’s Final Distance

Final Distance:

Final Distance (M-flo):

Wouldn’t blame you if you thought these were Kingdom Hearts opening and credits songs lol, since they share a lot of similar energy

anyway, why do I bring this up? Well, m-flo have a banger original song called Tripod Baby 

It’s a really good song, and as I was browsing, I saw something called “Shadow the Hedgehog remix”. I assumed it was just a fan mashup thing, but it sounded pretty official

Well, upon looking it up, yes, on the sonic wikia page, it says m-flo did a collaboration with Sega during the shadow the hedgehog promotion. Wow. Ok then haha. Legit can’t believe despite loving these guys music, I never knew about this!

2005-shadow-mflo1.jpg
It’s especially wild because it just doesn’t at all give me the vibe of shadow the hedgehog and it’s music, (despite being a really good song). M-flo excels at energetic poppy kind of jpop, but shadow was always more rock/bleak/edgy lol. Still, this exists, and I’m happy it does lol

F0879839-4983-443B-A196-FBA8C170CDAB.webp

• Thumbs Up 3

Great idea for a topic, and I absolutely remember the Tripod Baby remix. At the time I was a HUGE m-flo fan (I discovered them during my first trip to Japan back in 2005… Beat Space Nine had just come out), and we had a dedicated page on TSS about it back in the day. I even bought and have that poster somewhere… need to frame it.

I’ll have a think about other examples of crazy branded crossovers… only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the classic US ‘Progressive’ insurance ads from the 2010s…

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Would a collaboration between Sonic and Cherry Coke count? As in this?

423.jpg

This was back in the 90s. This was also mentioned in Sonic Jam. Again, would this count as a collaboration?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

19 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

I’ll have a think about other examples of crazy branded crossovers… only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the classic US ‘Progressive’ insurance ads from the 2010s…

It's still up on YouTube.

Do these other two count?

cbb953e0d7989019eeac790f52c7eaaa.jpg

Love Live.

And Project Diva.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

The thing that comes to mind is the Sonic 3 x Right Said Fred song Wonderman

the most Sonic thing, besides the bits of gameplay, is the name Hydrocity, but it is a sort of chemical plant for some reason.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, CrystalMaelStorm said:

This too. And sorry, but I have to bring this up as well.

S H A D O W  B A S K E T B A L L

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...