Awoo.

Favorite Final Boss Theme

slam422

I'm not exactly sure if anyone else has already posted a topic like this yet, so if someone did, then please let me know.

What is your favorite Final Boss themes from the Sonic games, and why?

Personally, I'd place "Doomsday Zone" (S3&K), and "Dark Gaia Phase 2" (Sonic Unleashed) pretty high on my list, but my absolute favorite has to be "With Me", the final boss theme from Sonic & the Black Knight. I especially like it due to the fact that it supports the theory that you CAN have a kick-ass final boss song in a modern Sonic game that isn't a remix, remake, or a direct use of the main theme.

Well, I've said my peace, so discuss at your leisure...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• SuperStingray

• Saint Nathan

• Snatcher2047

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Gaia Phase 2 for certain, that orchestral theme is really epic. Although if I were to make a decision on Final Bosses using original music (i.e. not the game's main theme) I'd say Wrapped in Black from Sonic Rush.

The Doomsday, especially after the OCRemix treatment on it. Malicious Fingers (the remake of the boss that comes just before the Super Sonic portion) is amazing as well. The boss music from the two Adventure games were pretty good, as well.

I liked the final boss themes from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. They just had that dramatic feel to them. I know the new ones have a quite fast paced really high amped endings which are usually really good to listen to, but they just don't have the same feel as the classics.

The Final Fight from the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast is probably my favorite. It sounds very relaxing and not much like a final boss theme, but I really like it.

For the vocal stuff, What I'm Made of is absolutely badass. As for the 2D ones, Nonaggression is also amazing because of how serene as well as epic it is. Too bad the pinch only takes a small part of it - I'd like the whole thing in fast-mo lol

This is a toughie. I'd have to go with either What I'm Made Of or With Me. Why? Because 1. They're awesome and 2. They're different and not just a remix/reuse of the game's theme song. Plus, I like how the lyrics really capture the essence of the moment.

Genesis version of Sonic 3D's final boss has excellent music - granted, it's one of the few tracks I truly did enjoy in that soundtrack, and it beats the shit out of the Saturn soundtrack's final boss theme. Another very good one is True Area 53 from Sonic Advance 2, since I enjoyed the game's frantic style of music.

I'm tempted to say Sonic 3, but the best one is without a doubt Sonic 2's final boss music. It's a huge step-up from Sonic 1's Final Zone. Needless to say, both 2 and 3's respective themes really get my adrenaline going.

Edited by Jake

I think Solaris and Perfect Dark Gaia blew me away the most first time in recent years.

Although special mention must go to Live and Learn...

SA2 is the only game which did the successful thing of giving HINTS of the main theme throughout without directly using it anywhere. You never hear anything other than the opening riff until the final boss, and hearing it for the first time there blew me away as a result. I'd never played a game with a vocal, rockin', uplifting final boss theme before.

I really really like the Solaris Phase 2 theme (I think thats what it is called)

Whatever the final boss from Sonic 2006 theme was :P

Oh yeah, its the instrumental His World

I have to agree that "With Me" is a pretty awesome song. It just caught me off-guard since I was expecting another Crush 40 theme.

But my favorite will probably be "I Am... All Of Me", if only because I'm such a Shadow fan. It's just so badass and full of non-stop energy.

Hands down, With Me from Sonic and the Black Knight. The guitar's amazing, and the vocals are really strong.

Also, isn't it the first final boss theme to be sung by a woman?

I still think sonic 3&knuckles super final boss music blows all other stuff out of the water.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wadbanUyXRo

Hands down, With Me from Sonic and the Black Knight. The guitar's amazing, and the vocals are really strong.

Also, isn't it the first final boss theme to be sung by a woman?

I did really love the female vocals. It gave the battle a very new and unique edge to it that we haven't had before.

The only boss music I could ever get into from the GENESIS days was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMlM0-E5CjA. Everything else is just another track to me.

That is like in my top 5.

The super sonic fight theme from sonic adventure. The one from final chaos where your super sonic. The beginning is ifie but the rest of the song is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDUVkigB0_c...feature=related

I've always thought that Sonic 2 & 3's final boss themes were the best. Those have that epic final battle atmosphere and the bosses are also pretty amazing and those themes also fit perfectly with the bosses.

I never liked the music of these newer Sonic games. Sonic Unleashed had some cool themes on day stages but those were mostly lame sh*t that aren't that memorable. The boss themes were the worst. The classics are still the best ones, and will always be. Since the songs in Sonic games reminded more like "real" songs, with lyrics and all that shit, I stopped caring. Thanks to Sonic Adventures, Heroes, '06 etc. Sonic CD is an exception in my book, though. It has one of my favorite soundtracks even though it has some lyrics here and there. I'm a huge fan of classic Sonic, this new crap only gives me headache.

There's never going to be better final boss songs than these two:

Sonic 3 final boss

Edited by PeTeRpAn

I like when they use the main theme for the final boss, since the theme is basically there to "describe" the game, and the final boss is like the epitome of...well, the game. Or something. It's hard to describe.

Directly using the main theme is fine, but I like what they did recently with Sonic 2006 and Unleashed: have the final boss theme be a dramatic orchestral version of the main theme. Those are my two favorites.

Indeed Reading. It kind of annoyed me how in Secret Rings and Shadow the final boss themes had such little impact because we'd already heard almost complete versions of them already.

God this is hard.

I got to say the boss themes for Sonic 1, 2, & 3, as well as What I'm Made Of..., I Am....All Of Me, Solaris Phase 2, & Dark Gaia Phase 2.

Gosh.