Awoo.

Favorite Final Boss Theme

slam422

As for me, I'd say The Doomsday Zone. It's just so epic and awesome, and really fitting for the level. Plus I love hearing the guitar covers of it.

Vocal-wise, I'd probably say Open Your Heart. My favorite Crush 40 song, and probably always will be.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• SuperStingray

• Saint Nathan

• Snatcher2047

Top Posters In This Topic

The Doomsday Zone's always a classic, but I dig The Final Fight (last boss theme from Sonic 3D Blast- Genesis Version), Digital Dimension (Sonic Riders), The Core/Mobius Strip (Zero Gravity), and Wrapped in Black (Sonic Rush). Part 2 of the Perfect Dark Gaia fight was also quite invigorating, I loved how they made such a peppy, poppy theme song into a sweeping orchestral epic.

For me it's

The Doomsday Zone for the 2D games

Perfect Dark Gaia for non-vocal 3D

& With Me for vocal 3D (It only just tops Live & Learn in my opinion)

This is a toughie. I'd have to go with either What I'm Made Of or With Me. Why? Because 1. They're awesome and 2. They're different and not just a remix/reuse of the game's theme song. Plus, I like how the lyrics really capture the essence of the moment.

that is exactly one of the best things of those songs. My favourites in order would be:

0 Doomsday(this is just perfect, the song and the stage are both epic)

1With Me

2Dark Gaia

3Wrapped in Black

4Final Battle theme from Sonic Battle

5Nonaggresion

and Seven rings in hand(this is a great song, to bad I got bored of it couse they used it everywhere!

oh how could I forgot about The core from Sonic riders ZG

thanks YelloGecko for reminding me that great song

Edited by Gallon

Definately Perfect Dark Gaia. It's an even epicer version of an already awesome song. Open Your Heart not far behind.

Wrapped in Black is my favorite because it's so different from most other final themes yet still fits the mood perfectly.

Best boss music in a Sonic game was when you are fighting Gia phase 2. I think that it is the best music I have heard for a long time in a Sonic final boss battle.

From the 2D games it would easily be S3&K; even without considering how many great remixes and covers of it there are it's just a really 'epic' and catchy track.

From recent games I have quite a few, "Wrapped In Black" is one of my favourites and was stuck in my head for weeks on end afterwards but still gave the big fight feel, and a rather forgotten one is "The Core" from Zero Gravity because up until I heard that I never thought that elephants could successfully be part of a final boss theme, and it did it with flying colours. :P

Obvious mention to both 06's and Unleashed's Phase 2 themes as my favourites, but another one from more obscure pastures is the music to the Metal Sonic fight in Sonic The Fighters. I love the short piano intro and how it gets much more speedy and impactful as it goes, really gets you in to the fight. (The Eggman music was okay too, but it didn't have the same feel, or difficulty for that matter.)

Edited by Tombi

From recent games I have quite a few, "Wrapped In Black" is one of my favourites and was stuck in my head for weeks on end afterwards but still gave the big fight feel, and a rather forgotten one is "Deep Core" from Zero Gravity because up until I heard that I never thought that elephants could successfully be part of a final boss theme, and it did it with flying colours. :P

Haha, I loved the "elephants" too. It was cool that those trumpet samples made a return in the Night boss theme and final boss theme from Unleashed.

I can't believe no one's mentioned Deep Core from Sonic Rush Adventure.

For a time (a really long one, mind you) that would be the ONLY boss theme I'd listen to. AT ALL. It was that incredible to me.

The same thing happened with Perfect Chaos Revival! (Sonic Adventure), Metal Madness (Heroes), Solaris Phase 1 (06) and The Core (Sonic Riders: ZG), among others.

Edited by The Joiner

Indeed, I love Deep Core as well (though while it is better suited to a penultimate boss, I prefer Big Swell overall as a boss theme).

I can't really think of any Sonic games that have a particular dud for a last boss theme...

I can't really think of any Sonic games that have a particular dud for a last boss theme...

Sonic CD? :P

JP one was pretty good, and the US one suffered from a case of "one boss theme for EVERY boss", which the first two 8-bit games, as well as a LOT of games back in those days had. So it's excused. X3

I can't believe no one's mentioned Deep Core from Sonic Rush Adventure.

How could I forget that one? Especially the allegro version. That theme makes me think of Gamma; it sounds electronic yet sorrowful.

I'd say my favorites are With Me, Solaris Phase 2, and Wrapped in Black. Final boss stages always have fantastic music though, so it's not an easy pick for me at all.

Perfect Dark Gaia blew me away the most first time in recent years.

Although special mention must go to Live and Learn...

SA2 is the only game which did the successful thing of giving HINTS of the main theme throughout without directly using it anywhere. You never hear anything other than the opening riff until the final boss, and hearing it for the first time there blew me away as a result. I'd never played a game with a vocal, rockin', uplifting final boss theme before.

Quoted because this person was thinking the same thing I was thinking but just beat me to it. :lol:

LONG LIVE, "LIVE AND LEARN"!! And actually "Open your Heart" also gets a special mention. Come one, best guitar solo in a sonic game EVER!

Live and Learn is my best vocal track, it's one of those songs that makes fighting a final boss fun, that and the combination of Sonic/Shadow's team mates egging you on.

Up to now my actual favourite is Endless Possibilities, It's such an upbeat song that it's almost out of place with the actual event on screen. This is going to sound soooo cheesy but when I first heard the tune playing my heart fluttered a little, it was JUST THAT GOOD!

In terms of sinister final boss themes, "Supporting me" (Biolizard battle theme) and "Wrapped in Black" (Egg Salamander battle theme) are the best. Though "Wrapped in Black" sounds pretty evil. They're both awesome songs. What makes "Wrapped in Black" so effective in terms of sinisterness is the looming 4 note motif coming up to the chorus that starts off barely audible and increases in volume. "Supporting me" feels like a very sorrowful song, almost as if it's a dedication to the victims of the ARK's hostile takeover.

The best desperate sounding final boss themes are "Deep Core Allegro" (Egg Wizard) and the Doomsday zone's music though that also plays for Knuckles' final boss (That Mecha Sonic). "Deep Core Allegro" has an awesome tone of finality whilst Doomsday zone just sounds desperate and incredible to boot.

"Seven Rings in Hand" was enormously overused in SatSR and that's primarily why it was so boring in the final boss. I'll say that so was "His World" in SONIC '06 but it's orchestral-sounding use in Solaris Phase 2 was absolutely incredible. What always got me about "His World" was that it felt like it was the game's overall theme instead exclusively being Sonic's theme. It kinda takes the focus off Sonic in that respect as HIS THEME!

Damn, this is a hard choice!

But I'd have to say the final boss theme from Sonic and Knuckles, it's pretty epic on its own but along with these remixes like 'Malicious fingers' from Project Chaos and the like, it makes you appreciate it more!

Also the Solaris Phase 2 music from Sonic 06 sounded great, like you were fighting a righteous battle! A well done orchestral remix of 'His World'

But all in all, alot of Sonic's games have awesome final boss themes, i like them all really! :D

I'm stuck between:

- Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed)

- Solaris Phase 2 (Sonic '06)

- With Me (Black Knight)

- What I'm Made Of... (Sonic Heroes)

- Final Boss (Sonic 1)

- Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure)

Live and Learn gets alittle old after awhile, sadly...

Edited by Lukar

What always got me about "His World" was that it felt like it was the game's overall theme instead exclusively being Sonic's theme. It kinda takes the focus off Sonic in that respect as HIS THEME!

I thought that His World was an excellent song, but I don't like it as Sonic's theme because I don't like how it fits him. It just describes him as flawless and powerful rather than capturing his true character and ideology. As far as I'm concerned, It Doesn't Matter is his real theme.