Awoo.

Sonic Movie Franchise: Who Should Voice The Characters?

I didn't know whether to make this thread, but why not?

When it comes to the Sonic movies, future projects will obviously have new characters. This is just fan casting ideas. If they hire celebs to do the voices of the characters for the future films, who would you guys like to voice the characters? (I decided not to put in the game voice cast since that would be too easy.)

For starters, let's use Amy and Shadow.

Chaotix (if they're introduced)

Vector - Kevin Chapman (Person of Interest) or Jon Favreau (if they can afford him).

Charmy - Colleen O'Shaunessey (a little nod to how she started in the Sonic franchise. 

Espio - Jonny Yong Bosch

Edit: That said, Espio could be where they really go nuts in the casting. He's meant to be calm and collected, but after a while being surrounded by the two louder, extroverted members of the group, he tends to join in the antics or loses his cool. As Keanu Reeves gets mentioned a lot in the first film, Espio would be a great role for him.

Edited by HywelAtTheMoon
Added another idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 9:19 AM, Johnny Boy said:

Also:

Starline-Tom Hiddleston 

Surge-Awkwafina or Grey Delisle

Kit- Amy Palant

I’d put Colleen as Kit but with different delivery on the lines. My early headcanon for Imposter Syndrome had him get the same voice as Tails because of the early DNA link. Though the comics look to be straying away from the DNA link being that strong theory it’s still my headcanon until proved otherwise XD

Loki as Starline though is absolutely something I can and will get behind!

Omega- Jon St. Jon or Andrew Rennnals. This is because Omega is a robot and therefore whoever plays him will have their voice heavily modified so I don’t think it’s necessary to get a celebrity to play him. Better off getting one of his game voice actors back.

Cream- Shahadi Wright Joseph. Unpopular opinion but I never cared for Creams high pitched voice. I don’t think it’ll be too bad to let her have a normal sounding one.

Bean- Alan Tudyk

Infinite- Adam Driver or Winston Duke

Big- Samuel Motherfucking Jackson

Naugus- Andy Serkis

Lastly I’d get Jason Griffith back to play Jet. 

Sonic 3:

Jason Momoa as Shadow

Gina Carrano as Blaze

Scarlet Johansson as Rouge

Roger Craig Smith as Metal Sonic

Cindy Robinson as Amy

Erin Fitzgerald as Carbuncle

Christopher Lloyd as Gerald

Future movies

Jet Li as Espio

Chris Pratt as Vector

Jason or David for Shadow, Jason would be a cool little Easter egg too as he use to voice Sonic as well. David would also be a cool Easter egg too, as he was the first actor to voice him and I can see him doing well at the emotional parts of Shadow's back story

Neo Metal Sonic gotta be Ryan. (If they bring neo back in the games, dude gotta reprise his role there too)

• Thumbs Up 2

Gerald - John Noble in full Walter Bishop mode (starting out as the kind version, but going into Walternate mode after Maria dies).

Omega - Alan Tudyk (having played a destruction happy droid before).

Rouge - Felicia Day

Mighty - Jason David Frank

Amy - Rose McIver 

Sonic The Hedgehog 3:

Shadow - Adam Driver/Robert Pattinson

Gerald - Bryan Cranston

Maria - Thomasin McKenzie

Rouge - Zoe Kravitz/Gabrielle Union

Amy - Shailene Woodley

---- Beyond 3:

Silver - Andrew Garfield

Blaze - Rooney Mara

Vector - Bryan Tyree Henry

Espio - Lakeith Stanfield

Charmy - Chris Colfer

Big - Jack Black

E.102 - Peter Weller 

And that's all I got. Tried to cast actors who actually fit these characters vs. stock celebrity fancasting

24 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Sonic The Hedgehog 3:

Shadow - Adam Driver/Robert Pattinson

Gerald - Bryan Cranston

Maria - Thomasin McKenzie

Rouge - Zoe Kravitz/Gabrielle Union

Amy - Shailene Woodley

---- Beyond 3:

Silver - Andrew Garfield

Blaze - Rooney Mara

Vector - Bryan Tyree Henry

Espio - Lakeith Stanfield

Charmy - Chris Colfer

Big - Jack Black

E.102 - Peter Weller 

And that's all I got. Tried to cast actors who actually fit these characters vs. stock celebrity fancasting

I actually have the same choices for Shadow, Rouge and Gerald. And I can definitely see them getting Coleen back to voice Charmy.

On 4/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, CraigAmation983 said:

Jason or David for Shadow, Jason would be a cool little Easter egg too as he use to voice Sonic as well. David would also be a cool Easter egg too, as he was the first actor to voice him and I can see him doing well at the emotional parts of Shadow's back story

Neo Metal Sonic gotta be Ryan. (If they bring neo back in the games, dude gotta reprise his role there too)

Jason is always gonna be my first pick for Shadow, if Game VA’s stay open. I know people will say he needs a big name, but Jason’s voice is the one that often just sticks in my head. Hard to argue with David as well, but the most recent voice I heard from him was in the Sonic and Tails R outtakes, and it felt off, though the goofy nature of the situation might be a factor.

Ryan voicing Neo Metal would be cool.  I didn’t realize he did that voice as well, though it makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Shadow: Robert Pattinson or Keanu Reeves

Amy: Cindy Robinson, Anna Kendrick, Alison Brie, Kristen Schaal, Jenny Slate, or Stephanie Beatriz.

Rouge: Karen Strassman or Scarlett Johansson (if they wanna get someone big).

Silver: Michael Cera (ironically the French voice actor for Silver also dubs Michael Cera in most of his movies)

Big: Vin Diesel or Sylvester Stallone (he did voice King Shark in The Suicide Squad after all.)

Metal Sonic: Either silent or Ben Schwartz with a robotic filter.

Professor Gerald Robotnik: either Jim Carrey again or Bryan Cranston)

Maria Robotnik: Mckenna Grace (Phoebe Spengler in Ghostbusters: Afterlife)

Blaze: Probably Zendaya. Hear me out. Zendaya would make a terrible Amy, but a great Blaze.