Awoo.

Tails Solo Movie Ideas

MGA_Gamer

While I don't want to derail legitimate conversation, since I know people will have fun with that, just don't yet take the GiantFreakingRobot rumor too seriously. I've known them to have a kind of unreliable reputation on the rumor front.

4 minutes ago, GX Echidna said:

While I don't want to derail legitimate conversation, since I know people will have fun with that, just don't yet take the GiantFreakingRobot rumor too seriously. I've known them to have a kind of unreliable reputation on the rumor front.

Its not just GiantFreakingRobot reporting on it though: ‘We’re creating a Sonic cinematic universe’, says movie producer | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

Also, this is the same source that confirmed the third movie and Spin-Off show: Sonic The Hedgehog Spinoff Series Happening, Our Scoop Confirmed (giantfreakinrobot.com)

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, but VGC is using them as a source:

"While unconfirmed, movie site Giant Freakin Robot recently claimed that a Tails solo movie is in development."

8 minutes ago, GX Echidna said:

Yes, but VGC is using them as a source:

"While unconfirmed, movie site Giant Freakin Robot recently claimed that a Tails solo movie is in development."

They wouldn't have used them as a source if they didn't think there was a chance the rumour may be true.

I'm not saying it is true, and I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed (Something I'm all too familiar with when it comes to sonic!).

And I'm not saying you are putting full faith in it. But I am saying, I don't know what VGC's standards are in their reporting on rumors (especially when they really hedged themselves with that exact phrasing), and I'd just be cautious about taking it too seriously. GFR has a reputation of being really clickbaity.

• Thumbs Up 5

Most obvious choice is to adapt one of the Game Gear games. I feel like Tails Adventure works a little better than Sky Patrol, since in the movie universe, Witchcart - a magical human - might be hard to mesh with the setting. (Though you could easily justify it by having some batty old lady get her hands on a Chaos Emerald or something)

The Battle Kukkus are a good foil for Tails - being sky-flying tech-savvy sorts themselves, after all. I feel like it could be a fun way to show what Tails was up to before meeting Sonic, if they went that route.

• Thumbs Up 3

I could see a solo Tails movie being a Paramount+ exclusive. But I agree with Dr. Mechano the best place to go would be from the GG games for inspiration. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

I could see a solo Tails movie being a Paramount+ exclusive. But I agree with Dr. Mechano the best place to go would be from the GG games for inspiration. 

As much as I would like a straight adaptation of the GG games, I just can't see that happening due to the earth-based setting, and Jeff Fowler has gone on record saying that future films/projects won't necessarily follow the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

eh, I don't care how cliche it is,  I'd love to see a film where he faces either the battle bird armada, or Wendy and her Witchcarters.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Mobius_Historian said:

eh, I don't care how cliche it is,  I'd love to see a film where he faces either the battle bird armada, or Wendy and her Witchcarters.

Pssshh, that old cliche of a mutant fox fighting mine cart-bound magical beings and militant anthropomorphic birds. I know I'm sick of the genre personally.

• Chuckle 3

1 minute ago, GX Echidna said:

Pssshh, that old cliche of a mutant fox fighting mine cart-bound magical beings and militant anthropomorphic birds. I know I'm sick of the genre personally.

I meant it's cliche to say 'just adapt the game gear games'!

2 minutes ago, Mobius_Historian said:

I meant it's cliche to say 'just adapt the game gear games'!

Yes, that is indeed the joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally getting into this after seeing the movie for myself! While I agree that adapting the Game Gear games seems a bit cliche, I'd love to see them work them into the plot somehow, helping to hint at just what Tails was doing between his exile and meeting his new best buddy.

I'd pitch this:

Two years have passed since the fateful fight between the two Hedgehogs, resulting in the destruction of Las Vegas and Dr. Eggman's grisly death as Wachowski, driven mad by Tom's murder, finally lost control.

Now, the growing Mobian populace of the post-merged Earth - 20 million and counting, with more on the way - faces an uneasy future. G.U.N. associates are monitoring their activity from coast to coast, knowing that their banishing of the species' main hero has led to unrest in enclaves across North America. In the Vancouver enclave, the remnants of Team Sonic are led by a terrified Tails as they try to fight crime as best they can. Statistics remain stubbornly high and order's breaking down... but even so, they refuse to give up. It's what Wachowskis are supposed to do, right?

But then, a terrifying figure from the fox boy's past begins wreaking havoc in the West, throwing things further into chaos as he steals the Emerald to get his vengeance on the fox that murdered dozens of his fellow Birds when he was just a boy. The fate of the world now rests on the shoulders of one fox and his friends... who, as they investigate, uncover a conspiracy that may very well be the key to clearing their dear friend's name for good.

Fly high... or die trying.

Paramount's MILES PROWER, a Neal H. Moritz/Jeff Fowler production of a Steven Spielberg film. Only in theaters Christmas 2028. Experience it in IMAX. Rated PG-13.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

8 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Two years have passed since the fateful fight between the two Hedgehogs, resulting in the destruction of Las Vegas and Dr. Eggman's grisly death as Wachowski, driven mad by Tom's murder, finally lost control.

Now, the growing Mobian populace of the post-merged Earth - 20 million and counting, with more on the way - faces an uneasy future. G.U.N. associates are monitoring their activity from coast to coast, knowing that their banishing of the species' main hero has led to unrest in enclaves across North America. In the Vancouver enclave, the remnants of Team Sonic are led by a terrified Tails as they try to fight crime as best they can. Statistics remain stubbornly high and order's breaking down... but even so, they refuse to give up. It's what Wachowskis are supposed to do, right?

But then, a terrifying figure from the fox boy's past begins wreaking havoc in the West, throwing things further into chaos as he steals the Emerald to get his vengeance on the fox that murdered dozens of his fellow Birds when he was just a boy. The fate of the world now rests on the shoulders of one fox and his friends... who, as they investigate, uncover a conspiracy that may very well be the key to clearing their dear friend's name for good.

Sounds awesome, though I'm not sure if Paramount will go down the PG-13 route for a movie about a cute little fox with two tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Sounds awesome, though I'm not sure if Paramount will go down the PG-13 route for a movie about a cute little fox with two tails.

I dunno. He deliberately mows people down with cars, steals vehicles on a whim, and has an arsenal of lethal weapons in his equally cute adorable little backpack that brings G.U.N to their knees. I think he could work a PG-13 rating better than we think XD (mostly kidding here but it could be a reality haha)

I don’t know if a full movie would work for Tails though. I would watch the hell out of it of course, but I don’t see it being popular enough in the mainstream if I’m honest. But then I would also have said that about Hawkeye and I enjoyed his Disney+ TV series so what do I know.

• Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, caitash said:

I don’t know if a full movie would work for Tails though. I would watch the hell out of it of course, but I don’t see it being popular enough in the mainstream if I’m honest. But then I would also have said that about Hawkeye and I enjoyed his Disney+ TV series so what do I know.

Well, I know that if Paramount announced a Tails solo movie tomorrow, it will be a day 1 viewing for me!

Also, I reckon, based on social media reactions, that many people will be willing to watch a movie about Tails. After all, Marvel have been making a habit of making hit movies based on obscure characters recently (I mean come on, How many people had even herd of the Guardians of the Galaxy before their movie?).

Edited by MGA_Gamer
Punctuation
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Well, I know that if Paramount announced a Tails solo movie tomorrow, it will be a day 1 viewing for me!

Also, I reckon, based on social media reactions, that many people will be willing to watch a movie about Tails. After all, Marvel have been making a habit of making hit movies based on obscure characters recently (I mean come on, How many people had even herd of the Guardians of the Galaxy before their movie?).

I conceed on the GotG front!  :)

I might be worrying about nothing. I adore Tails, he is my favourite character (not just in Sonic, he’s my favourite character of anything) it’s just he hasn’t had a good reputation for years until this movie and outside of a few people on these forums I’ve not heard many positive opinions of him thanks to the Sonic Team games. Maybe after the movie has been out a little while and more people see it they will realise that Movie Tails is pretty much more how he *should* be written, and his reputation might be restored a bit to get a decent shot at a movie.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, caitash said:

I adore Tails, he is my favourite character (not just in Sonic, he’s my favourite character of anything) it’s just he hasn’t had a good reputation for years until this movie and outside of a few people on these forums I’ve not heard many positive opinions of him thanks to the Sonic Team games. Maybe after the movie has been out a little while and more people see it they will realise that Movie Tails is pretty much more how he *should* be written, and his reputation might be restored a bit to get a decent shot at a movie.

Same. He's my favourite too!

And who knows, maybe the reason we don't get much backstory on him in Sonic 2 is so that they can expand upon that in the spin-off.

Anything is possible in Hollywood these days.

2 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I mean, hey. They did it for Transformers AND the Ninja Turtles, so I'm sure Sonic can't be too far behind.

Spoiler

Hell, with Shadow already here, I'm expecting Sonic 3 to get a PG-13 going in.

many people will be willing to watch a movie about Tails. After all, Marvel have been making a habit of making hit movies based on obscure characters recently (I mean come on, How many people had even herd of the Guardians of the Galaxy before their movie?).

That's the spirit, my friend! If people can accept a talking raccoon, I'm sure crazy (and hopefully British!) Bird Nazis aren't too much to ask for.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

If people can accept a talking raccoon, I'm sure crazy (and hopefully British!) Bird Nazis aren't too much to ask for.

British Bird Nazis?! Sounds Awesome!

I'm thinking someone like David Tennant as the voice of the Battle Lord, Lewis Hamilton as Speedy and James Corden as Dr. Fukurokov (Although I would probably change this to something more marketable: Dr. Luftwaffe perhaps?)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:13 AM, MGA_Gamer said:

British Bird Nazis?! Sounds Awesome!

I'm thinking someone like David Tennant as the voice of the Battle Lord, Lewis Hamilton as Speedy and James Corden as Dr. Fukurokov (Although I would probably change this to something more marketable: Dr. Luftwaffe perhaps?)

Eh... Yes to Tennant, but no to the others. Hamilton's too busy with F1, and James Corden is just (IMO) shit. So... how's Taron Egerton as Speedy with Peter Capaldi as Fukurokov? I think those casting choices would work out great!

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

Eh... Yes to Tennant, but no to the others. Hamilton's too busy with F1, and James Corden is just (IMO) shit. So... how's Taron Egerton as Speedy with Peter Capaldi as Fukurokov? I think those casting choices would work out great!

Hamilton has done other VA rolls before, such as Cars 2 and 3 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, so It's not unprecedented. Plus he may be getting towards the end of his F1 career by the time this movie supposedly comes out so... IDK? I'm not aware of Egerton, which is why I didn't choose him. Daniel Ratcliffe is my second choice for Speedy.

The reason I went with Corden for Dr. Fukurokov is because I went with someone who I felt would fit a "Mad Doctor" character, which is what I imagined him to be. Capaldi would be an OK fit for a more nuanced version of the character, but I think having two former Doctor Whos in this film would be too much (Even if they have worked together before). Patrick Stewart would be my second choice, though I don't know how busy he would be with Star Trek: Picard?).