Awoo.

Tails Solo Movie Ideas

MGA_Gamer

9 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

The reason I went with Corden for Dr. Fukurokov is because I went with someone who I felt would fit a "Mad Doctor" character, which is what I imagined him to be. Capaldi would be an OK fit for a more nuanced version of the character, but I think having two former Doctor Whos in this film would be too much (Even if they have worked together before). Patrick Stewart would be my second choice, though I don't know how busy he would be with Star Trek: Picard?).

I hear you, but counterpoint: 

Watch Capaldi's performance as the Thinker here. It is a world away from his tenure on Who, and the perfect representation of the glorious, delicious evil necessary to not only bring Fukurokov to life, but have the public buy every minute of it.

Corden would just make him the same fat moron he always plays. But Capaldi brings a wicked class and maddening purpose - hemmed and hawed over years of playing heel in both the West End and Westminster -  to even Z-LIST characters such as Thinker (which, like it or not, is what the Kukku are). Overkill? Perhaps. But, in an era where Idris Elba is the most popular interpretation of Knuckles yet, these movies need to shoot for the moon and land amongst the stars.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

23 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Watch Capaldi's performance as the Thinker here. It is a world away from his tenure on Who, and the perfect representation of the glorious, delicious evil necessary to not only bring Fukurokov to life, but have the public buy every minute of it.

Corden would just make him the same fat moron he always plays. But Capaldi brings a wicked class and maddening purpose - hemmed and hawed over years of playing heel in both the West End and Westminster -  to even Z-LIST characters such as Thinker (which, like it or not, is what the Kukku are). Overkill? Perhaps. But, in an era where Idris Elba is the most popular interpretation of Knuckles yet, these movies need to shoot for the moon and land amongst the stars.

OK. You just convinced me! :)

I still think Two former Doctor Whos would be too much though, Unless you replaced Tennant as the Battle Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

OK. You just convinced me! :)

I still think Two former Doctor Whos would be too much though, Unless you replaced Tennant as the Battle Lord.

Hey, look at it this way: the MCU has two Sherlocks, and they make it work. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Hey, look at it this way: the MCU has two Sherlocks, and they make it work. 😉

Point Taken! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Paramount are supposedly working on this rumoured "Tails Solo Movie" (and, again, I'm not saying they are) Do you think we will get any announcements at CinemaCon next week, or is it too early for that?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MGA_Gamer said:

If Paramount are supposedly working on this rumoured "Tails Solo Movie" (and, again, I'm not saying they are) Do you think we will get any announcements at CinemaCon next week, or is it too early for that?

Far too early for that, me thinks. Besides, all hands are on deck for the release of Top Gun: FUCKING CHRIST IT'S FINALLY OUT YAAAAAY Maverick next month, so I wouldn't expect any Sonic Movie updates for quite a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

If this movie does get made, does anyone think it would be a good idea to have Cream as a secondary lead plus have the Babylon Rogues as antagonists? I mean we did see the Babylon language briefly in Sonic 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

If this movie does get made, does anyone think it would be a good idea to have Cream as a secondary lead plus have the Babylon Rogues as antagonists? I mean we did see the Babylon language briefly in Sonic 2.

Was that Babylon? Huh, didn't catch that.

Spoiler

Probably because I never played Riders, lol.