Awoo.

The parodys of Sonic 2

Cortez

Well, all Omega says is "YOU KNOW ABOUT CLONING!"

But in the same scene, Rouge says that Shadow is a "robot."

So the implication for either was there, I guess. I call poor wording on the part of the writer, if anything else.

I'm not entirely certain this is true, but I've heard that in the original Japanese dialogue, Rouge refers to Shadow using a word that simply means "artificial person,"(Referring to his origins of being genetically engineered),but the translators messed up and translated that word as "robot."

I would like a subtle allusion in a Sonic game or any SEGA game or some kind of SEGA allusion in their games like that Sonic slam in MadWorld (which there was a small controversy on in the Sonic community).

Oh, I got one! Those old monster movie posters in Night of the Werehog are a pretty direct reference.

Edited by Stretchy Werewolf

Also, wasn't Sonic Adventure 2 Battle loaded with Phantasy Star references, like settings, items, costumes and an Omochao quote? ....not that those are Pop Culture..,

Also, wasn't Sonic Adventure 2 Battle loaded with Phantasy Star references, like settings, items, costumes and an Omochao quote? ....not that those are Pop Culture..,

Not to mention that you could get a Tails Chao from PSO.

Reason for edit: Typo

Edited by Daisoku

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this reference....

One of the Sonic Unleashed achievements:

I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost

Ghostbusters_cover.png

In Rooftop Run Night there's a lot of movie posters from what I remember.

You mean Skyscraper Scamper? There are loads. I've looked at them all, but never knew if they were just random or anything to laugh at.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this reference....

One of the Sonic Unleashed achievements:

Ghostbusters_cover.png

"Chip, if someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes."

Well there's also the one they find after the Egg Albatross,

That same cutscene shows another pop culture reference. Metal Sonic turning to liquid metal seems to be a reference to the T-1000 from Terminator 2.

^ You can't forget

=P

Not sure if any of the other Achievements took any liberties to reference other things.

"Power Overwhelming" might be a StarCraft reference, at a stretch. No idea about the rest.