Jump to content
Awoo.

Sonic Origins details leaked on Australian PSN


The Deleter
 Share

Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

Recommended Posts

The Deleter
Quote

Classic Sonic Re-Defined

This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.

Relive the classic collected adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic CD in the newly remastered Sonic Origins! From the iconic Green Hill Zone to the treacherous Death Egg Robot, you'll speed down memory lane to thwart the sinister plans of Doctor Robotnik in polished high definition! This latest version includes new areas to explore, additional animations, and a brand new Anniversary mode!

Classic Re-Defined
Explore the classic Sonic titles in high-resolution, with all-new opening and ending animations for each title!

New Unlockables
Complete various missions to collect coins to unlock new content, challenges, and Special Stages through the Museum.

Classic and Anniversary Mode
Choose to Spin Dash your way through the numerous zones in Classic mode with the game's original resolution and limited lives, or the new Anniversary mode with unlimited lives and revamped fullscreen resolution.

YgQrhKp7vX7lFHqm3HC05VH8.png

f26g3I1Nx94OwvprmUZ6aDGp.jpg

Z9pCoE8usrSaKltUayOWWVIn.png

 

Edit: Also listed with a release date of 22/06/2022. Will provide a link if I can find one.

Edit 2: Confirmation https://twitter.com/mondo_mega/status/1516704067480735744?s=21&t=ZiDYQPEnXVLRdDSZTKVREQ

Edit 3: Official link to web page: https://store.playstation.com/en-au/concept/10003797

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake_LeOFFICIAL

Is a separate thread for this necessary? Imo it could've easily been in the main thread...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PickleBrows

Bruh this actually sounds really exciting! New opening and endings animations for each game!??

The only thing that's got me slightly worried is the wording about the classic mode. I'm hoping they haven't locked Widescreen to only one mode and you can at least toggle between display options as you please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dreadknux
6 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Is a separate thread for this necessary? Imo it could've easily been in the main thread...

It's fine. New news deserves a new thread in the Sonic Discussion forums. The Megathread is for general discussion that doesn't necessarily have to involve news all the time (i.e. can involve rumour discussion, etc). It could have been given some original discussion material/thoughts from the OP (I don't like topics built on simple copy-paste jobs), but I'll give it a pass this time.

Knowing who's behind the remastering of these games, I'm very excited to hear about new animations and modes (the Anniversary mode sounds like a great way for casual players to just blast through the games) alongside a 'Classic' edition. Feels a bit like how Sonic Jam did things.

One of the big points for me, besides how the games are going to be treated, is what the additional content would look like. Sonic Jam was excellent for this, but Sonic Mega Collection, Plus and Gems were sorely lacking (no, I don't really care about looking through comic artwork, cheers). I hope the Mission mode and coins thing hints at some substantial archive material that fans can enjoy.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salamander

"New areas to explore", huh?  Like the Hidden Palace Zone and new character routes in the mobile ports, or...?  I'll grant that this sounds more ambitious than what we've had reason to expect, which makes me more comfortable with the long wait for information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shaddy Zaphod

There were some unused paths in 1 and 2 that were opened up in the remasters, if I recall correctly. I'm sure it's just more like that, Sonic 3 has the most out of any of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake_LeOFFICIAL
2 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

It's fine. New news deserves a new thread in the Sonic Discussion forums. The Megathread is for general discussion that doesn't necessarily have to involve news all the time (i.e. can involve rumour discussion, etc). It could have been given some original discussion material/thoughts from the OP (I don't like topics built on simple copy-paste jobs), but I'll give it a pass this time.

Knowing who's behind the remastering of these games, I'm very excited to hear about new animations and modes (the Anniversary mode sounds like a great way for casual players to just blast through the games) alongside a 'Classic' edition. Feels a bit like how Sonic Jam did things.

One of the big points for me, besides how the games are going to be treated, is what the additional content would look like. Sonic Jam was excellent for this, but Sonic Mega Collection, Plus and Gems were sorely lacking (no, I don't really care about looking through comic artwork, cheers). I hope the Mission mode and coins thing hints at some substantial archive material that fans can enjoy.

 

2 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Knowing who's behind the remastering of these games.

Ey wait a minute-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Polkadi~☆
32 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Classic Re-Defined
Explore the classic Sonic titles in high-resolution, with all-new opening and ending animations for each title!

All-new, for each title? Does this mean like Sonic CD's animations or something else? And for that matter, are Sonic CD's animated sequences getting remastered, or redone? Maybe redone, to make the animations widescreen or something.

33 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Classic and Anniversary Mode
Choose to Spin Dash your way through the numerous zones in Classic mode with the game's original resolution and limited lives, or the new Anniversary mode with unlimited lives and revamped fullscreen resolution.

wait so, to play the widescreen version, you can only play with unlimited lives... I mean, as someone who never gets a game over in these games anyway, it doesn't mean anything to me, but this still feels dumb. Cool that the game allows you to pick between playing 4:3 and 16:9 ratios, though.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marcello

Just gonna repost what I said in the main thread, since I forgot that we do "New news, new thread" now lol

New animations and areas sounds cool. Release is June 22 in Australia, so a day before the anniversary. I wonder if they held the game off till then or if they got lucky for when it was ready. Too lazy to check how the time zone would work out, but would that be the 23rd for other countries? I think they're actually ahead, so no, but am not sure lol

Headcannon being seemingly involved is sick. Gives me a lot of hope for these to be great.

23 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

 

Ey wait a minute-

Seems to be Headcannon! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Son-icka

“It’s an unfortunate situation, or rather a collection of such” 

Covid aside, that remark isn’t on the nose AT ALL 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheOcelot

Awesome if Stealth is involved.

I'm excited to see the animated intros & ending for each game. Will be interesting to see what these missions are like and exactly what these "special stages" will be. Would be cool if these new areas to explore aren't just the one's from the mobile remasters and are something completely new. Sounds like they're putting some decent effort into this collection!

Sorry to bring up Zippo's name, but in his latest blog post said that a "Texas based studio" is doing animations for Origins. I believe he's referring to the same studio who did animations for Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheNerdyKMT

New animations? Nice! Could always use more of those. Hope Frontiers gets an animated op as well, cause modern sonic could definetly use that kinda love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Vest Friend
57 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Too lazy to check how the time zone would work out, but would that be the 23rd for other countries? I think they're actually ahead, so no, but am not sure lol

 

Australia are as far ahead as you can get, so that's a definite no. Would make it fall within the 30th anniversary period technically.

Game sounds unremarkable. That sounds harsh out of context; what I mean is that the game sounds fine for what it is (a collection with some extra bells and whistles) but I think some people, not necessarily on here, are anticipating far too much from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake_LeOFFICIAL

I feel like there's more than meets the description, but I won't say for certain just yet.

Regardless, I went from "nah" to "It's gonna be this week" now so....yeah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Salamander said:

"New areas to explore", huh?  Like the Hidden Palace Zone and new character routes in the mobile ports, or...?  I'll grant that this sounds more ambitious than what we've had reason to expect, which makes me more comfortable with the long wait for information.

I hope Sonic 1's "New areas" are Bridge Zone, Jungle and Sky Base

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indigo Rush

More likely than not, "new areas" likely refers to some level design changes like in Sonic 1 Mobile's Marble Zone which had a new section that only Tails and Knuckles could access. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dreadknux
42 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Game sounds unremarkable. That sounds harsh out of context; what I mean is that the game sounds fine for what it is (a collection with some extra bells and whistles) but I think some people, not necessarily on here, are anticipating far too much from it.

I think enhanced resolution (especially for S3K), decent unlockable archive material and a few enhancements the way it’s described here is more than enough for me. I don’t think it’d be reasonable to expect too much else.

I’m not at all thinking we would/should be getting entire new zones or anything like that, the “new areas” could well just be referencing the StealthTax enhancements from Sonic 1/2 mobile and I’d be super happy with that. I don’t think Sonic Jam’s World is worth expecting either; but I would expect a decent level of archive content (concept stuff, lost media, videos etc… not comics) and I don’t think that’s unreasonable to get.

Basically, from what I’m hearing, I’m pretty satisfied if things are delivered even on the ‘conservative’ end of this.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake_LeOFFICIAL

I'm just thinkin' about this right here.

Quote

Complete various missions to collect coins to unlock new content, challenges, and Special Stages through the Museum

Whatever could this mean? What new content could be hidden? New game stuff? Concept art? And what about challenges or the special stages? Curious, curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salamander
34 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

And what about challenges or the special stages? Curious, curious.

It's all the millions of Blue Sphere variations, for the people for whom Sonic Mania's blue sphere overdose was not enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

More likely than not, "new areas" likely refers to some level design changes like in Sonic 1 Mobile's Marble Zone which had a new section that only Tails and Knuckles could access. 

I'm not sure about that... this game is aimed at people who are new to the series, and such minor changes don't really feel like "new areas" to someone who's unfamiliar with the original level design. I think it's more likely that the games will feature a couple of new zones (maybe even short 1 acts) in a similar vein as Hidden Palace in Sonic 2. I'm not expecting too much either, though that's what makes the most sense to call "new areas" from a marketing standpoint, at least IMO (though they said "areas" not "zones", so it's really ambiguous). If it was just a couple of changes to the original levels, they would have said "revamped levels", "remixed levels", "expanded levels", wathever, new areas said to a casual gamer does really feel like new zone to me... but maybe it really means a couple of new paths and the sentence is just some purchase bait, I don't know really.

EDIT: maybe it means that some challenges will be set in new levels specifically created for that challenge, and those levels are set in existing zones, so they are not really new zones at all. Something akin the mini-levels of Sonic Colors.

EDIT2: Aaaand it turns out I was kinda right, there seem to be new levels in the game, but just small challenge acts. New bonus zones for Sonic 3 & K are a possibility as well since it's made by the same people who worked on the other remakes and they put a finished Hidden Palace in Sonic 2, though so far it's unknown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.