Awoo.

First Clip of Sonic Prime Released - New Sonic VA Confirmed

SanPolo4389
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into First Footage of Sonic Prime Confirms New Sonic Voice Actor at some point.

It looks fine. Nice to see a game area, even if it's GHZ.

Voice sounds really similar to RCS, unfortunately. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just so confused by that small clip of the voice, is that Roger being pitched weirdly, or an actual new VA? I'm pissed if it is a new one, just because I'm so done with constant VA replacements. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure I'm sold on the animation yet. Kneejerk reaction is that WildBrain have definitely done better than this (E.G, Ninjago) and that it looks rather cheap. Nice to see Modern Sonic though, even if we knew from the concept art that Sonic wasn't getting a redesign for the show. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

I'm just so confused by that small clip of the voice, is that Roger being pitched weirdly, or an actual new VA? I'm pissed if it is a new one, just because I'm so done with constant VA replacements. 

New VA. Probably because it's made by a Canadian studio.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Razule said:

New VA. Probably because it's made by a Canadian studio.

Yeah. I forgot that detail. 

I like Sonic's model and rigging, but when he started to run.. oof, I hated how it looked, especially considering that the Wildbrain Studios claimed that it their highest-budget project

• Thumbs Up 1

This might be a hot take, but I think this VA might be my favorite Sonic VA. Yes, it's only based on a few lines, but it just...feels right.

Hm…

I have no strong feelings either Way at the moment. Animation looks interesting, at least. There’s only so much to glean from this little bit.

1 minute ago, SanPolo4389 said:

Here’s a page from the Netflix site. 

D324A201-0F43-47FF-B875-33A9ACAC2E03.jpeg

Interesting! Looks like they're going for a complete suite of new voice actors for all the characters.

If this means a new Eggman VA...

Good.

No disrespect to Mr. Pollock at all, but I feel very bored of his Eggman voice, and personally wanna hear a new voice.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

If this means a new Eggman VA...

Good.

No disrespect to Mr. Pollock at all, but I feel very bored of his Eggman voice, and personally wanna hear a new voice.

If this clip is any indication, they're all going to try and sound as close to their American counterparts as possible.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, SanPolo4389 said:

Here’s a page from the Netflix site. 

D324A201-0F43-47FF-B875-33A9ACAC2E03.jpeg

*sees “Multiverse”* sigh. Well maybe if it has Blaze? Sorry, just tired of that word/concept.

Will be curious to hear how the VA cast does though.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

If this clip is any indication, they're all going to try and sound as close to their American counterparts as possible.

Really? I dunno, Deven Mack doesn't really remind me of Roger Craig.

Gonna be so weird hearing someone else voice Eggman other than Pollock. As for Sonic, yeah he does sound like Roger which is a shame.

I guess that short clip looks...okay. I like that Sonic's feet are animated in the "figure of eight" when he's running.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Really? I dunno, Deven Mack doesn't really remind me of Roger Craig.

Well two other people seem to think he sounds like Roger sooooo....

Posted By: daimando

The voice confirmed is none other than Devin Mack. Though judging by the voice cast, I’m guessing that Ashleigh Ball (Rainbow Dash) is Tails, Shannon Chan-Kent (Smolder, Silver Spoon and Pinkie Pie’s singing voice) is Amy, and Brian Drummond (Ahuizotl, Mr Cake, Filthy Rich and Vegeta) will be back as Knuckles.

Never got the Multiverse overuse complaint tbh.  The series has rarely dabbled in it. Honestly has much more story potential, compared to something like time travel.

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I the only one not fully sold on this?

Parts of it look really good... but other parts look a bit... I don't wanna say unfinished but more of a "it'll do" standard?

The nitpicking part of me can't stop thinking about how the rings just vanish. No dissolve effect.

But it's the expressionless face when running and also the running itself. He looks like he's floating instead of... well... running.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Zadent said:

*sees “Multiverse”* sigh. Well maybe if it has Blaze? Sorry, just tired of that word/concept.

Will be curious to hear how the VA cast does though.

This isn't new info. We've know it's been a multiverse story since it was announced.

Also I can't believe they got Knuckles' Sonic Underground voice back for this.

• Thumbs Up 5