Awoo.

First Clip of Sonic Prime Released - New Sonic VA Confirmed

SanPolo4389
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into First Footage of Sonic Prime Confirms New Sonic Voice Actor at some point.

Good to see Ryan Drummond's parallel counterpart get some offical work with Sonic when he can't. 😁

Now, this makes the first time Green Hill Zone appeared in a show, right? There was a Green Hill in Sonic X where Cream grew up in and was the location of the season two finale, but that was in name only. Also note Sonic collecting rings like mere video game tokens versus acting like big powerups as in prior shows and films (for now)

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Also I can't believe they got Knuckles' Sonic Underground voice back for this.

I can, Brian Drummond is a goddamn workhorse in the world of Canadian VAs. Expect him to sound nothing like that role.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Never got the Multiverse overuse complaint tbh.  The series has rarely dabbled in it. Honestly has much more story potential, compared to something like time travel.

It’s less in regards to Sonic, and more in general. Marvel, DC, Power Rangers, a lot of stuff has been into it at varying points, especially Marvel and DC, and it’s just not a story trope I personally enjoy. Alternate dimensions and multiple versions of characters and all that aren’t as interesting to me, at least just on that point alone. Stories can use it well, but that’s just how I feel about it.

3 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

This isn't new info. We've know it's been a multiverse story since it was announced.

maybe. But this is also the first I’ve really paid attention to the show. Knowing it’s been that way since announced doesn’t really change my view though.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anyone's curious as to who Deven Mack is 

He looks like this, and did voice work in Johnny Test (Reboot, Mr. White) and Angry Birds: Summer Madness (Chuck)

• Thumbs Up 3

Well that’s a whole lot of nothing, will start caring when a real trailer drops 

6 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

I can, Brian Drummond is a goddamn workhorse in the world of Canadian VAs. Expect him to sound nothing like that role.

What I'm surprised by is that Scott McNeil isn't here. That man is in everything Canadian. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Too early for me to judge based on only a few seconds of footage in a sizzle reel. I will wait until we get a full trailer before I pass judgement (Hopefully soon!)

Well, at this point it looks like Sonic Boom, but in non-Boom setting. Which is not a bad thing tbh, SB was an awesome TV show.

1 minute ago, VO.SUPER said:

What I'm surprised by is that Scott McNeil isn't here. That man is in everything Canadian. 

according to IMDB he is lol

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if he did additional voices. He's been kinda chilling the past few years.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope this is like Spiderverse where the alternate universe versions of Sonic are like from Sonic X, SATAM, etc. and not just generic versions like Pirate Sonic or something.

Posted By: Sk72o

Yeah it's to have Canadian based actors only hence the different voices.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Dunno about you, but this gives me more hope.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I agree, the first few seasons of SpongeBob were awesome!

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Prime still exists. That's about all I can say. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic's lines here are cut and pasted. I'm sure of it. I can't really get a good sense of what he sounds like when it's been cut to pieces.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oof. Hearing SpongeBob gives me a bit less hope. I’ve reached the point where I can’t really stand the show anymore, even the earlier stuff

Running animation looks weird. There's a recurring problem in animating Sonic to give his feet the sped up figure-8 style run effect. If the character isn't moving through the landscape quickly enough, it can make it look almost like he's running on a treadmill. He's running faster than he's moving and ironically it makes him look slow instead of fast. Sonic 4 and Sonic Lost World were both offenders in this category. 

• Thumbs Up 5

43 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

Am I the only one not fully sold on this?

Parts of it look really good... but other parts look a bit... I don't wanna say unfinished but more of a "it'll do" standard?

That’s the standard we’ve been at for a long time now.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I hope this is like Spiderverse where the alternate universe versions of Sonic are like from Sonic X, SATAM, etc. and not just generic versions like Pirate Sonic or something.

Probably going to be like this.:

Sonic defeat the Eggmans

Universe Travel

23 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

This looks.....ok? Not much else to say tbh.

3 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Probably going to be like this.:

Sonic defeat the Eggmans

Universe Travel

Those are just past and future versions of Robotnik. They don't seem to be from other universes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: Miles

OH MY GOD THEY GOT THE MLP CAST THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT

11 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Those are just past and future versions of Robotnik. They don't seem to be from other universes.

Well, they seem to be. I don't know. Lol.

Also, there is another concept art that seem to have an alternate version of Amy. I forgot to bring this up.:

sonic_and_amy_by_kitsuoi_dem0l5o-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTYxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZGFjOGUxZmEtMDlkYi00MTU4LWFjZjEtODJjNTUxMDhmMWQzXC9kZW0wbDVvLTEwN2YwOWU0LTg3MzctNDJkYi1hNmRkLWZiNTM3MDcyNGQxOC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.SDX8okE8rCqpeF7N-Q5jILOhMhC9xdRHN59-LF0BJn0

This is going to be an interesting discussion. From what I've seen, the show is definitely leaning to more of a look similar to the games, and what seems to be an entirely Canadian voice cast who, aside of Drummond, I'm not as familiar with. 

• Thumbs Up 1