Awoo.

First Clip of Sonic Prime Released - New Sonic VA Confirmed

SanPolo4389
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into First Footage of Sonic Prime Confirms New Sonic Voice Actor at some point.

"He sounds like he's trying to be Roger." Nah sounds like he's trying to be Ben, I hear no Roger there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: Greatsong1

Finally a first real look even if it was a little bit, looks alright.

Meh. Voice is fine, if a bit "shit, we couldn't get Schwartz, get his Canadian equivalent." And while this does look rather bland (and surprisingly cheap) I gotta say... it's nice for a cartoon to finally show off Sonic's true home in all its glory.

Spoiler

Won't last, given that we're going full "multiverse" here (sigh), but nice all the same. Wish them all the best!

"He sounds like he's trying to be Roger." Nah sounds like he's trying to be Ben, I hear no Roger there.

It's more of a solid blend between the two. Both of them do the "snarky chatterbox" bit that I guess 2010s-present Sonic is known for doing, and is shared here. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Razule said:

I don't see Christmas Island

You know what I mean, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Not the best things I've ever seen, but compared to some of the previous WildBrainHQ works (especially their Megaman show), it looks kinda good. I'm curious to see where it is going. I don't expect at all a spiderverse-like series, it looks like more "themed universe", I hope they'll at least do some "uchronic"/"what-if" universe, it would be interesting. The Echidna/Hedgehog (I'm not sure which) flag on some of the concept art looks great, it could be something interesting (an alternate universe where the Knuckles clan continued to exists and become some evil empire for instance) if it's something they actually use.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks alright, I like Sonic's snappy animation, but I do agree that the figure-8 run looks weird (also just seems like something that should only be used for side-on angles anyway? I always think it looks weird from the front/back).  Voice is... okay but the line was weird.  But I mean that entire montage of teasers was full of stupid "things that animated characters say in trailers" bullshit and Sonic's was no different.  I usually go to the bathroom during the kids movie trailers at the cinema because I can't stand it, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JezMM said:

Looks alright, I like Sonic's snappy animation, but I do agree that the figure-8 run looks weird (also just seems like something that should only be used for side-on angles anyway? I always think it looks weird from the front/back).  Voice is... okay but the line was weird.  But I mean that entire montage of teasers was full of stupid "things that animated characters say in trailers" bullshit and Sonic's was no different.  I usually go to the bathroom during the kids movie trailers at the cinema because I can't stand it, lol.

...Ma'am. No offense, but you are following a franchise aimed at children (That aside, the trailer was definitely not mind blowing in any particular way I'm my opinion).

2 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

...Ma'am. No offense, but you are following a franchise aimed at children (That aside, the trailer was definitely not mind blowing in any particular way I'm my opinion).

I'm just questioning if every single movie trailer consisting of characters saying some variation of "That was SO cool" (usually played after a truncated shot from an entirely unrelated action scene) and/or giving a "wtf" reaction (usually played after a truncated shot from an entirely unrelated comedy scene) really speaks to kids in the way that it apparently does judging by how much mainstream kids movie trailers do it.

I absolutely have my expectations set to "it's primarily aimed at kids" with all things Sonic at all times, only healthy way to be, but I'll still articulate the annoyance of the baggage that comes with it at times (And Sonic's portion of the trailer wasn't even that bad in this regard, a mild case of that "trailer tropeyness" at most).

• Fist Bump 1

First clip.

They didn't really show much of anything.

Rings are apart of the literal setting, because Sonic.

Voice sounds like Roger Craig Smith.

Nothing of interest so far.

Posted By: Shoes Name

Deven Mack seem perfectly fine for Sonic based on that one line and you can briefly see Sonic’s shoes being regular ones as opposed to ones seen in early leaked concept art.

Here's hoping that this new cast dodges the growing pains of the last one.

Cindy Robinson eventually came through with a solid Amy, but her first attempt back in Free Riders haunts me to this day.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted By: Shard the Angel

Looking good!

Not sure how I feel about rings being collected like the game, first series in which it’s been done this way?

Hope to see more soon

About what I expected for a teaser tbf, I did think the VA was trying to sound close to Roger. Let’s see if the other VA’s are directed to try to voice-match their respective characters from the established cast or if they go with a new take.

Posted By: Godot

It’s too little to criticize so soon, but so far I dislike this voice for Sonic, once again he sounds like a jerk and not a cool hero.

Something about the line delivery reminds me of Johnny Test humor, not a good sign.

The 8/wheel running animation looks off, but then again it looked odd in Smash Bros. and especially Lost World so.

At this point, Sonic feels more like a Time Lord than a hedgehog, considering how many VA's he's had!

• Thumbs Up 1

Listening more, yeah I like him. He has a youthful sounding voice which I like. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

Posted By: Optimus_Bull

I don’t know what to feel yet of the animation, the running animation looked a little odd in my honest opinion. But otherwise the facial expression on Sonic looks good.

While I’m bummed out that they couldn’t get Roger and the rest of the video game cast to voice Sonic and friends in Sonic Prime, I actually do like Deven Mack as Sonic from that first teaser. There is just something about that voice that feels reminiscent of Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith. Deven’s voice just matches them better than Roger, so his voice coming out of Sonic actually feels pretty natural.

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

I'm just questioning if every single movie trailer consisting of characters saying some variation of "That was SO cool" (usually played after a truncated shot from an entirely unrelated action scene) and/or giving a "wtf" reaction (usually played after a truncated shot from an entirely unrelated comedy scene) really speaks to kids in the way that it apparently does judging by how much mainstream kids movie trailers do it.

I absolutely have my expectations set to "it's primarily aimed at kids" with all things Sonic at all times, only healthy way to be, but I'll still articulate the annoyance of the baggage that comes with it at times (And Sonic's portion of the trailer wasn't even that bad in this regard, a mild case of that "trailer tropeyness" at most).

Fair enough

He sounds great and his enthusiasm is real af. Can't wait for the show now.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

At this point, Sonic feels more like a Time Lord than a hedgehog, considering how many VA's he's had!

You mean he's not a time lord?

• Chuckle 2

4 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

You mean he's not a time lord?

Well, he's lacking of a certain namesake Screwdriver, that's been noted during his time in Lego Dimension 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1