Awoo.

First Clip of Sonic Prime Released - New Sonic VA Confirmed

SanPolo4389
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into First Footage of Sonic Prime Confirms New Sonic Voice Actor at some point.

12 minutes ago, Jango said:

The new VA is super nice, I like it. Oh and, I almost forgot, I'm pretty sure Nicholas Kole is involved in this series, now I know why Sonic's design is pretty great. He doesn't fuck around.

Involved, but not a lead designer. 

Which isn't surprising, Vector isn't really a reptile he can make thicc /j

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: Robbie

>I know what you’re thinking. I’m good!

Ugh. That line alone just dashed my hopes we could for once get a western Sonic cartoon with good characterizations.

8 hours ago, SanPolo4389 said:

So it looks like a few seconds of Sonic Prime at the end got shown here. 

Cringe. Another western adaptation that thinks Sonic is supposed to be an annoying, unlikable jackass.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

34 minutes ago, Dere said:

Cringe. Another western adaptation that thinks Sonic is supposed to be an annoying, unlikable jackass.

Was that ever what Sonic was in any Western adaptation besides Fleetway?  I don't recall any.  Obviously annoying and unlikable are suggestive, but it's a stretch to say that any adaptation outside of Fleetway was aiming for that reaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Dere said:

So just like game universe Sonic? 

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Bruh, Deven Mack was Rama-era Chef Hatchet and King Asswipe Vangelis? Definitely wouldn't have suspected him being suitable for Sonic based on the roles I'm familiar with for him, but hey he's not bad.

Yeah based off Vangelis I thought Deven would be voicing Eggman, but I guess not! (Unless he's voicing Eggman as well as previously suggested). Very curious to see who Vincent Tong is playing too.

7 minutes ago, Willsy said:

Yeah based off Vangelis I thought Deven would be voicing Eggman, but I guess not! (Unless he's voicing Eggman as well as previously suggested). Very curious to see who Vincent Tong is playing too.

If Brian Drummond is Knuckles, I was thinking maybe that teenaged looking Tails from that one concept art?

• Thumbs Up 1

Loving the new voice actor! And I can’t be mad that another brother is voicing Sonic for the first time since Jaleel White.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Loving the new voice actor! And I can’t be mad that another brother is voicing Sonic for the first time since Jaleel White.

Same

30 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

On that note, I must say it royally sucks that those pesky Canadian laws prevent Jaleel White from returning as DIC Sonic, because this would have been an absolutely perfect premise to bring him back.

1 hour ago, Scritch the Cat said:

On that note, I must say it royally sucks that those pesky Canadian laws prevent Jaleel White from returning as DIC Sonic, because this would have been an absolutely perfect premise to bring him back.

He was in originally in the first place as said shows were also Canadian-produced and animated, unless he happened to live in Canada in the 90's? Tony Jay was Megabyte in ReBoot under similar conditions and he was definitely in the US.

I'm just glad we have a Canadian cast again at long last after over 20 years. As a Canadian it's so uplifting to see my fav group of VAs back in the franchise again (the folks mainly in Vancouver, as was the case in the DiC cartoons, Ocean-dubbed anime, Mainframe's legacy, etc.). Just hope the GOATs Garry Chalk and Scott McNeil aren't far behind!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic is really expressive and Deven sounds good so far as the blue Hedgehog.

I think the animation looks super fluid and the voice is definitely growing on me. The only nitpick I have is the CGI it looks weird at times. But yeah, it looks miles above Sonic Boom, it's a high budget Netflix product so yeah, as the crew is hyping it up, it might be a Marvel quality type of show.

I'm very excited.

What else can I say that hasn't been said so far? Well, yeah if 24 episodes were ordered in total, I expect 8 episodes released at once, x 3 seasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: Sk72o

Just saw a video of Deven announcing he’s the voice of Sonic on twitter and in it he does the voice….. I’m sorry but that didn’t give me any hope for this.

Not only did he sound like a Roger impersonator but he sounds like he’s straining his voice…

Maybe he will be different in the show but I think i’ve got enough of an idea from that to know where its going.

Posted By: Mike

The only two shows I'd want to check out are Sonic and the Dr. Seuss one, strangely enough. Really nice looking animation.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, Mike said:

The only two shows I'd want to check out are Sonic and the Dr. Seuss one, strangely enough. Really nice looking animation.

The first season of Green Eggs and Ham was REALLY good. I think the second may already be available right now too.

10 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I think the animation looks super fluid and the voice is definitely growing on me. The only nitpick I have is the CGI it looks weird at times. But yeah, it looks miles above Sonic Boom, it's a high budget Netflix product so yeah, as the crew is hyping it up, it might be a Marvel quality type of show.

I'm very excited.

What else can I say that hasn't been said so far? Well, yeah if 24 episodes were ordered in total, I expect 8 episodes released at once, x 3 seasons.

I hope the show can run much longer than Sonic Boom. Netflix is often infamous for cancelling shows before they really take off (also, I could make the same case about Sonic Boom and Cartoon Network)....

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I hope the show can run much longer than Sonic Boom. Netflix is often infamous for cancelling shows before they really take off (also, I could make the same case about Sonic Boom and Cartoon Network)....

It might just not be intended to run longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Razule said:

It might just not be intended to run longer.

I think its only intended to run for 24 half-hour episodes and that's it.

That would make it the shortest Sonic TV show (SatAM is only slightly longer, at 26 half-hour episodes). I suppose it makes the series easier to binge-watch (I got through the entire first "season" of The Cuphead Show in just one afternoon!)

• Thumbs Up 5

34 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I think its only intended to run for 24 half-hour episodes and that's it.

That would make it the shortest Sonic TV show (SatAM is only slightly longer, at 26 half-hour episodes). I suppose it makes the series easier to binge-watch (I got through the entire first "season" of The Cuphead Show in just one afternoon!)

Half hour episodes are at least better than what I first expected it to be, which was 12-15 minute episodes that many things seem to be gravitating towards these days. Longer episodes are massively appreciated here.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, caitash said:

Half hour episodes are at least better than what I first expected it to be, which was 12-15 minute episodes that many things seem to be gravitating towards these days. Longer episodes are massively appreciated here.

Yeah, having longer episodes can help finish out the story lines.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, caitash said:

Fun Fact: That started as a way to order higher episode counts but pay animators less, so I'm definitely glad they aren't doing it here.

• Thumbs Up 9

Posted By: PowerHoodz

FINALLY, Something I can look forward to the Vancouver voice cast being in that ISN’T MLP. I really want to be able to focus these actors on something other than the brony craze I am tired of.

Posted By: Jim

On 5/4/2022 at 12:11 PM, Sk72o said:

Just saw a video of Deven announcing he’s the voice of Sonic on twitter and in it he does the voice….. I’m sorry but that didn’t give me any hope for this.

Not only did he sound like a Roger impersonator but he sounds like he’s straining his voice…

Maybe he will be different in the show but I think i’ve got enough of an idea from that to know where its going.

What are you talking about, to me he sounds like a mixture of Jaleel and Roger.

Nothing really substantial, but a mere one (1) seconds of extra footage was found in an unlisted video 

• Thumbs Up 1