Awoo.

The Manhog is in Rescue Rangers! "HE'S BAAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!"

Badnik Mechanic
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

9 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

That’s exactly what it is; Roger Rabbit is even in it.

Wait, so does this take place in the Roger Rabbit universe?

As for the news. Fuck man this sounds funny as fuck lol. I’ve already been convinced to see this movie, but this has got me curious as fuck now 

30 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait, so does this take place in the Roger Rabbit universe?

It could be, but judging by the supposedly large list of other companies in the credits, it seems to be just this gigantic cartoon universe.

With Ugly Sonic, MLP, South Park(?!), Dreamworks, and more. Go figure that one out.

21 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

It could be, but judging by the supposedly large list of other companies in the credits, it seems to be just this gigantic cartoon universe.

With Ugly Sonic, MLP, South Park(?!), Dreamworks, and more. Go figure that one out.

Well it does have Roger Rabbit in it as well, so make of that what you will...

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: daimando

On 5/18/2022 at 12:25 AM, Shard the Angel said:

Time for Paramount to lawyer up! Good luck 🙂

Dunno if it will happen, especially if Disney got permission from Paramount and SEGA to use it, like with Hasbro and MLP.

Posted By: Elijah

This isn't the first time Sonic appeared on a Disney production. The modern video game design appeared on "Wreck-It Ralph".

Posted By: Derek

How inscrutable is the title of this article. Seriously disjointed.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:04 PM, Derek said:

How inscrutable is the title of this article. Seriously disjointed.

Apparently it was missing an “in.” Fixed.

I'm tempted to see it for ugly Sonic, but... it just looks like such a creatively bankrupt film to me.

Cash in on the growing success of "just throw every license at the screen" films alongside the kinda generic approach in the shock value of having what's considered kids characters be subverted by making them more "adult" and or unpleasant. Which always strikes me as a sort of low hanging fruit.

I'm sure it'll do well though, there's definitely an audience for these films, and maybe I'll dig it. But it does seem unappealing.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I’m watching it tomorrow morning when it’s available, I always liked Rescue Rangers anyway so it won’t all be lost whether the Manhog is in it or not XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Here he is. Every scene. Its pitched down for some reason.

Yeah, we did burn the place down.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

52 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Here he is. Every scene. Its pitched down for some reason.

Yeah, we did burn the place down.

Thank you for this! Normally I wouldn't watch something like this without seeing the film but... nah I didn't want to see the film. Now I got to watch all I was interested in.

(Incidentally did nothing to change my impression of how the film looks.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay I was deeply uncomfortable watching this XD I’m glad we did not get Ugly Sonic in our original Sonic movie XDDD

• Thumbs Up 1

I just watched the movie and it was really good! It’s pretty much the spiritual successor to Roger Rabbit. But good lord Sonic was pure nightmare fuel in this movie, which makes me even happier that we successfully cyber bullied Paramount into changing the design.

• Thumbs Up 3

Interesting thing to note 

People are going all "Oh oh! LaWsUiT?" When the most likely thing is that they either forgot or that SEGA doesn't want to be associated with this mess of a design.

Plus, it's technically a parody too.

• Thumbs Up 3

There was a part of me that kinda wanted to see how the original design would have looked if they finished the movie with it. 

I mean it would have been bad sure, but curiosity gets the better of me sometimes. 

That part of me is now dead. Sheesh. Yikes. Wow. Nothing about that design Is appealing. 

Looks like it works well for this movie thou. Can't complain with how they used the character. The go fast joke made me laugh. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

People are going all "Oh oh! LaWsUiT?" When the most likely thing is that they either forgot or that SEGA doesn't want to be associated with this mess of a design.

Plus, it's technically a parody too.

The design is altered a little. things exaggerated here and there to make it look worse than it actually ever really did, but that is possibly just enough alterations to argue it being a separate entity legally combined with the fact that it was an unused design. it's not a visual design Paramount or SEGA are trying to profit from.

it could probably still be challenged but it'd be extremely costly for both companies to do so, plus as already pointed out it is for parody purposes which also affects copyright cases.

It's possible no one will care enough to really challenge. I think SEGA would possibly be more motivated than Paramount but also the one less likely to do anything due to the cost of taking Disney to court.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, ZERO_ninja said:

The design is altered a little. things exaggerated here and there to make it look worse than it actually ever really did, but that is possibly just enough alterations to argue it being a separate entity legally combined with the fact that it was an unused design. it's not a visual design Paramount or SEGA are trying to profit from.

it could probably still be challenged but it'd be extremely costly for both companies to do so, plus as already pointed out it is for parody purposes which also affects copyright cases.

It's possible no one will care enough to really challenge. I think SEGA would possibly be more motivated than Paramount but also the one less likely to do anything due to the cost of taking Disney to court.

Yeah, all of this is true, but you're also forgetting that Disney wouldn't just bootleg a design like this. They're scumbags, but they're not that dumb.

The most likely outcome is that SEGA and Paramount most likely unironically asked for no credits, because...well, why would you want to be credited for this design?

FTMX6iHXwAAMzKn.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Looks like it works well for this movie thou. Can't complain with how they used the character. The go fast joke made me laugh. 

On that note, Ugly Sonic is very explicitly mentioned as being totally separate from Sonic as we know him, so Sonic still has his dignity.

Can't say the same for Ugly Sonic, he was born without dignity.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Yeah, all of this is true, but you're also forgetting that Disney wouldn't just bootleg a design like this. They're scumbags, but they're not that dumb.

To be honest, I assumed it was just very likely Disney's lawyers said "it's visually distinct enough to not get sued".

My aunt used to work in a costume shop, and I remember they'd sell things such as what as obviously a Captain Jack Sparrow outfit without needing to officially license it because they'd change the buttons or something. Something silly like that you barely notice enough to dodge copyright in the right set of circumstances.

But your alternative is also possible.

• Thumbs Up 5

It could be either, but my alt is what I'm leaning towards because...

Spoiler

YEAH.

On a different note, love these two images, they're so...weird lol

image.png.57a65e83b9a323e6a89077f64a7618d8.png

image.png.06b6389c8042e063078c37846bd08aa9.png

• Thumbs Up 2