Awoo.

'Rick and Morty: The Anime' Announced - Wait What

DaBigJ

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/rick-morty-anime-spinoff-1235149017/

Rick and Morty is getting a spinoff.

Adult Swim has ordered an anime project from director Takashi Sano (Tower of God) that’s based on the Emmy-winning series. The network has placed an order for 10 episodes of Rick and Morty: The Anime.

Sano previously directed two acclaimed anime shorts in the Rick and Morty universe: “Rick and Morty vs. Genocider” and “Summer Meets God (Rick Meets Evil).” The shorts have generated more than 10 million combined views on Adult Swim digital platforms.

While the director will adapt themes and events of the main series, Rick and Morty: The Anime is described as standing on its own as an original work.

“The multiverse-straddling exploits of Rick and the gang pose challenges to the family bond, but they always rise to the occasion,” Sano said in a statement. “It’s such a life affirming sight, and Jerry is no exception.” He adds, “I am honored to have been given an opportunity to tell a new story about this amazing family. I hope you enjoy their adventures!”

The series is produced by Telecom Animation Film. Adult Swim previously announced other Rick and Morty spinoffs as digital shorts, but Rick and Morty: The Anime is a full series.

I-

I can't even say anything about this. What the fuck.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaBigJ

• McGroose

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand why people would want a Rick and Morty anime. The way the animation would compliment the humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the reasoning behind it will go over a typical viewer's head.

7 minutes ago, McGroose said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand why people would want a Rick and Morty anime. The way the animation would compliment the humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the reasoning behind it will go over a typical viewer's head.

You joke, but there'll be people who believe in this