Awoo.

Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers | Sequel to Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart

DaBigJ

So i'm not sure if there's a SRB2 Kart thread (and if there is, it's probably really old), and I'm not sure if this belongs here or in Video Games, but I figured this deserves it's own topic.

I haven't really been paying attention to SRB2K or SRB as a whole lately, but based on the replies to the tweet, they seemed to of taken SRB2K 2.0 and spun it off into a sequel instead of an update. That's pretty neat, gives me some Super Mario Galaxy 2 vibes in a way.

Hope to see gameplay of this soon, because SRB2K always seemed really fun to play.

• Thumbs Up 4

Eggman being the headliner already has me excited!

I'm all for a good racing game. Hope to see some gameplay soon as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Odd that they put Tails on the title screen as well. Is he in cahoots with Robotnik or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

Really hoping there’s some substantial single player content this time (even if it’s just the usual Mario Kart fare like AIs and championship cups). SRB2Kart is a damn cool game but its multiplayer-only focus alienates me as someone who gravitates to solo play in games. That and my internet connection is terrible when it comes to games like this.

• Thumbs Up 5

Kind of surprised at this choice, but it does make sense now that I think about it. Such a major update would probably have left some people wanting to easily play the game in its older form, and making it a sequel clearly depicts the games as completely independent in terms of gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is gameplay : DRRR is SRB2KartV2 with a different name, so SRB2V2 videos give a look at what was the project at this time (here it's a one from last winter, so pretty recent) :

It certainly will have some change before it release (of course), and some concept might change like many wip, but that's the most recent video we got from the project. A lot of the concepts will certainly be still relevant, as they're part of the work since a while.

• Thumbs Up 1