Awoo.

Belle (IDW) Artwork Getting DMCA’d By ‘Boingkid’ Character Creator

DaBigJ

Tagging in the FBI.... Welp, I think that answers my dignity question in regards to this person.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Stasis said:

I swear I've seen a character that looks like BoingKid before but I just can't think where.

Bouncy Wario?

Bouncywario.jpg

It's almost as if a cartoon character with spring legs (which Belle doesn't even have!) is an obvious idea...

You know that things have gotten bad for BoingKid if he's putting his Twitter on private now.

You could say he's... (puts on sunglasses) recoiled from things.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!

• Chuckle 2

Tumblr_l_401192901122528.jpg

1. "don't talk about this or I'll call the cops" lmfao

2. "Twitter already banned Belle" dog they banned pictures you flagged not the character

Oy vey.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

How sad does one life has to be to get the FBI involved over their Scrimblo Bimblo?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, azoo said:

Tumblr_l_401192901122528.jpg

"I want this to be between myself & IDW and that's why I went the extra mile of indiscriminately taking down any and all artwork of Belle that crossed my path."

• Thumbs Up 4

I’m sorry, but when you put shit out publicly for everyone to see, everyone has every right to comment on it.

Otherwise, you should’ve kept it private to begin with. No way in hell did they not expect any blowback before they pulled this stunt.

• Absolutely 3

1 hour ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I’m sorry, but when you put shit out publicly for everyone to see, everyone has every right to comment on it.

Otherwise, you should’ve kept it private to begin with. No way in hell did they not expect any blowback before they pulled this stunt.

Exactly!  If this person wanted to keep this between themselves and IDW, then they should have just gave IDW a private message instead of making this public.

10 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Exactly!  If this person wanted to keep this between themselves and IDW, then they should have just gave IDW a private message instead of making this public.

They were probably hoping for the attention to shame IDW into some kind of concession that benefitted them, basically a Penders 2.0 situation only for them to do damage control when it backfired.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

They were probably hoping for the attention to shame IDW into some kind of concession that benefitted them, basically a Penders 2.0 situation only for them to do damage control when it backfired.

If only they had paid attention to how their mascot looked in comparison to Belle, they probably would have won this issue.

6 hours ago, azoo said:

2. "Twitter already banned Belle" dog they banned pictures you flagged not the character

Seems boingkid hasn't done their research in more ways than one. For those who don't know, DMCA is a process in which you file an intent to proceed with legal action. Twitter will by their own part remove the content automatically (it's messy but in essence Twitter is required to do so, given they act as a 3rd party to the content), but you are required to follow through with legal action if challenged. Twitter have no actual hand in confirmation of actual copyrights, and the DMCA is not an acknowledgement of this. This could actually put them in quite a precarious legal position if IDW actually challenge it, as filing that before you've established firm copyright grounds might actually hurt you in the long run if it's proven you had nothing all along.

• Thumbs Up 8

You can't avoid the court of public opinion but some people probably do need to tone down their response.

...y'know what, I would really love to see him contact the FBI and see how that goes for him. The consequences may never be the same.

Seems like that’s a wrap, tho I do think they should have checked the tweets and replies section too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

52 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Seems like that’s a wrap, tho I do think they should have checked the tweets and replies section too.

Well, it looks like Boingkid is dropping this case...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd hope its been resolved but part of me is thinking they're just trying to escape the current attention and still planning to do something.

I don't think they really have grounds to do anything besides be annoying to the artists, which is all they've been doing.

• Thumbs Up 5

18 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

This mess is sure a good source for puns. 😅

Some bellend is trying to make Belle end.

• Chuckle 2