Awoo.

'Wii 2' specs leaked?

Patticus

I recall that these guys did leak correct information on the original Wii, and some of the information does have evidence, so I wouldn't be surprised if its correct.

So what you are saying is that you don't want Sony to have the chance to profit off of the idea that they lost billions of dollars as well as this entire console generation trying to get to succeed. BTW, Sony isn't the only one who makes money off of Blu Ray. They were just one of the 9 companies who came up with it, and the only notable thing about Sony in that regard is that they put the most on the line for it to succeed.

Hence why I posted a correct me if I'm wrong later on, I was unaware there were 9 different companies who came up with it. I have no problem if it is not a Sony-centric format. Besides, why would companies like MS and Nintendo use Blu Ray when it is giving money to their competition.

Also, Nintendo are ungodly secretive, to see a leak of something as important as this seems ridiculous.

Weren't around for the gamecube launch?

I think this is bullshit anyway though.

I guess I could believe it, I mean they do throw a new DS at us every other month or so. :lol:

If you were to trade in your current Wii towards a Wii2 I wonder if there would be a way to keep your downloaded content.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow... Uh, I much as I would like a Wii HD, this seems very far-fetched. I just don't it happen that soon, as well in that direction. That Blu-Ray movie alone feature screams bullcrap to me.

However... I wonder. I heard on on Neogaf that Maxconsole was one of, if not, the first site to leak correct info on the Wii. Before it was proven, people were spewing bullshit so much, they needed to brush their teeth. And then once everything was revealed, everything mention was said to be correct. It's this true? I don't know. I didn't eat internet as much as I do now. So take it how you want. Don't shoot me for bringing it up.

Could actions repeat themselves? Again, I don't know. As seen with the recent Wii price drop, Nintendo will deny it even with good evidence of it's existence.

So I'll say this... If it comes, cool. I'll probably get it, people will shut up about it and we can all live in a big fat HD quality colored rainbow. It doesn't, it wouldn't bother me much because I'm still happy with my Wii. Then I'll laugh at everyone who jumps on the hype train before it even reaches the train station.

Edited by YoshiUnity: Ghostbuster

Interesting. Hopefully companies would make use of this console instead of treating it like crap how the current Wii is now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

If you were to trade in your current Wii towards a Wii2 I wonder if there would be a way to keep your downloaded content.

That's right, I don't even think you can. I know you can't have content saved on your Wii, like VC and Wiiware games, and just transfer the data to another Wii console. It has to be on an SD card and then you just put the SD data into the other Wii.

That's why it's unreasonable. Chances are that this console is fake. Miyamoto is talking about an upcoming Zelda Wii (Not "Wii2") game coming out later next year, and they still have Super Mario Galaxy 2 for next year. So all this work they're putting on the Wii with games and downloadable stuff and channels for the current Wii, and what... they're saying that they had all this time to worry about making another console in all this? Especially this early in the Wii's marketing.

Metroid Other M is another big one next year. I guess if this was true (unlikely) they would make it very apparent that Wii2 plays Wii games. Maybe even some exclusive features for Wii games if played on Wii2. Not unlike what they are planning to do with DS to DSi software.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you have the processor specifications? What about the amount of RAM? Graphics hardware?

What you, Patticus, have quoted aren't really "specifications" at all; they're just easily-creatable rumours leaked by idiotic fakers in an unsurprisingly poor attempt to draw maximum attention to themselves. And somebody made a topic on the subject of this junk? Jeez...

Oh yeah, this just in from MicroSoft HQ: the XBox 720 will use Holographic Versatile Discs, be able to achieve Quad-HD resolutions, come with built-in Natal and be released worldwide on June 23rd, 2011!

Come on, guys: I though we were better than this...

Edited by TUSCAN SLAPPERS

It's probably just a name they threw out. I doubt it'll be called Wii 2.

It'll be called THE SUPER WII ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!!

No really, they better call it the "Revolution." >=C

You say you want a revolution...

BTW, "Revolution" was a much better name than "Wii".

As for my thoughts, they better have more hardcore games on this than the regular Wii. Also, they should make a SSB4 but with Melee physics, and include Fawful, Knuckles, and Raiden (MGS, not MK).

Oh goodie now i'll be able to play Carnival Games 2 in HD omg i can't believe it and then im gonna by 20 accories that i dont even need for it then i'll sell it in for the 3rd Xbox.

Genious.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

BTW, "Revolution" was a much better name than "Wii".

I'm sure that if Nintendo's console had been released as the Nintendo Revolution, everybody would hate it even more ("wahhhh this wasn't the revolution Ninty promised," etc.). At least "Wii" isn't pretentious.

I'm sure that if Nintendo's console had been released as the Nintendo Revolution, everybody would hate it even more ("wahhhh this wasn't the revolution Ninty promised," etc.). At least "Wii" isn't pretentious.

Exactly, thank god they didn't call it Revolution in the end, when to most of us it isn't one, or atleast not on the scale it should have been.

The name may apply to some, but the people it applies to (the people Nintendo wanted to play games who had never played games before etc) really don't care.

I remember when they first announed the name Wii. I was like "I'll never call it Wii. I'll only call it Revolution!". That changed o.o. I think Wii sounds better, maybe its because I've gotten used to it.

I'm guessing you mean marketing genius because it's easy to remember. I'll give it that.

But I still think the 'Wii' is a stupid name for a console. Not to mention they still market it as a 'revolutionary' console regardless of what critics say about it. The name 'Revolution' would have been fine.

I'd much rather they give it an "awesome" name like Tornado, which was one of the rumoured names.

It reminded me of Dreamcast. I'm not even such a big fan of the Dreamcast but it's easily one of the greatest console names evar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I think Wii is better then Revolution, and Dolphin is better then Gamecube. :3

Actually, I think Gamecube sounds better than Dolphin.

I'd much rather they give it an "awesome" name like Tornado, which was one of the rumoured names.

It reminded me of Dreamcast. I'm not even such a big fan of the Dreamcast but it's easily one of the greatest console names evar.

Dude, DC is an amazing console! Why don't you like it?

Dude, DC is an amazing console! Why don't you like it?

I don't judge a console by what it can do, I judge it by the games. Sure it was ahead of its time in the hardware side of things, but compared to other consoles I own it has very few games that appeal to me. Sonic, Shenmue, and not much more. Not to mention a good amount of its good games became available on other consoles later in the same gen.

I never said I don't like it, I just said I'm "not such a big fan". Easily prefer it to the original XBOX. I don't usually buy consoles I don't like. :P

Anyway I've had this discussion before, there's really not much point in trying to stand up for my views in a SEGA forum. I'll just end up being dogpiled.

Edited by SuperDarkLink

The Wii 2 will be called the "Wii Ni" in Japan.

Laugh. You know you want to.

If that does end up being the next console name I would deem it the greatest console name of all time haha.

Well, thanks to Reggie, we at least know that any "Wii HD" will never happen. (watch Patcher squirm outta this.) Which, honestly, makes this rumor seems more and more unlikely by the minute.

And "Zelda Wii", according to Reggie, may or may not hit 2010. This uncertaincy makes a "Wii 2" in 2010 seem even more dubious.

Really, I'm ready to say this rumor is bull, what about you guys?

Edited by The Sniper