Awoo.

Why Sonic X needs an uncut dub (and how it could work)

As you guys very well know, when Sonic X was released in English, 4Kids pretty much butchered the entire thing. For years, fans have been clamoring for a new dub that is more faithful to the original. This, however, begs the question: Should a new, uncut dub of Sonic X be made? Is it too late? How would it work?

Let me know what you guys think.

Personally I would love to see a proper dub of this scene:

And I would love to see Colleen O'Shaughnessy pull off Tails in this scene:

At this point, probably not.

Sonic X is fine-ish for a monster-of-the-week kids series that made sense whenever broadcast TV needed (mostly) safe content, but unless you're a culturally iconic series like Sailor Moon or Eva, it's hard to justify hiring another dubbing studio and redoing the whole thing.

Further, Sonic X just doesn't represent the direction of the series these days. One can argue whether or not one likes the current direction, but it still is the direction SEGA and Sonic Team have chosen, and I have to imagine they want a Sonic that matches that direction.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, GX Echidna said:

At this point, probably not.

Sonic X is fine-ish for a monster-of-the-week kids series that made sense whenever broadcast TV needed (mostly) safe content, but unless you're a culturally iconic series like Sailor Moon or Eva, it's hard to justify hiring another dubbing studio and redoing the whole thing.

Further, Sonic X just doesn't represent the direction of the series these days. One can argue whether or not one likes the current direction, but it still is the direction SEGA and Sonic Team have chosen, and I have to imagine they want a Sonic that matches that direction.

Sonic X is culturally iconic. There have been dozens of 2000's kids like me who grew up with this show. Plus, Sega still acknowledges the show. And since they own the show via ownership of TMS, they have full control over it.

Finally, all sorts of shows have gotten new dubs. Gundam Seed, One Piece, and Prince of Tennis are some major examples. If those shows got new dubs, then I see no reason why Sonic X can't get one too.

I would... quite honestly say that all of those anime you mentioned are more popular than Sonic X. The Sonic franchise as a whole, sure, probably, but Sonic X... no, they're just bigger. Prince of Tennis you might be able to make the argument, but I don't know the details on how that one came together.

Sonic X remains significant within the Sonic fan community, because it's the Sonic fan community, but once you leave that into the broader anime-consuming public, the lasting legacy of Sonic X is the phrase "Gotta go fast."

3 minutes ago, GX Echidna said:

I would... quite honestly say that all of those anime you mentioned are more popular than Sonic X. The Sonic franchise as a whole, sure, probably, but Sonic X... no, they're just bigger. Prince of Tennis you might be able to make the argument, but I don't know the details on how that one came together.

Sonic X remains significant within the Sonic fan community, because it's the Sonic fan community, but once you leave that into the broader anime-consuming public, the lasting legacy of Sonic X is the phrase "Gotta go fast."

I know that, but we live a new age of anime consumption. Pretty much all anime dubs now are completely uncut, with no changes to the original show whatsoever. Sega and TMS don't get that, as while their other anime have uncut dubs. Sonic X hasn't. Times have changed, and Sonic X needs to change with it.

I think it would be really cool if Sonic X was still relevant. And it would be good to hear the modern cast trying these old lines. 

The problem is that the 4kids dub extends over multiple languages even on services like Netflix and Hulu, so to maintain consistency you need to update those dubs too. 

Just now, VO.SUPER said:

I think it would be really cool if Sonic X was still relevant. And it would be good to hear the modern cast trying these old lines. 

The problem is that the 4kids dub extends over multiple languages even on services like Netflix and Hulu, so to maintain consistency you need to update those dubs too. 

I keep forgetting that. It isn't impossible though. People around the world need to experience Sonic X the way it truly is. I feel it is unfair that Sega is still using the same watered-down dub when there are dubs that are one to one with the original.

Speaking practically, probably not, for the reasons stated.

Would I like an uncut redub with the current voice cast? Heck yeah. Sonic X is a pretty mediocre show all things considered, brought down even further by a subpar dub, but a new English dub would improve it significantly in my eyes.

A dub without Jason Griffith alone is a significant improvement. Yeah, I said it.

5 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Speaking practically, probably not, for the reasons stated.

Would I like an uncut redub with the current voice cast? Heck yeah. Sonic X is a pretty mediocre show all things considered, brought down even further by a subpar dub, but a new English dub would improve it significantly in my eyes.

A dub without Jason Griffith alone is a significant improvement. Yeah, I said it.

Hell yeah. 

On 4/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Sonic X is culturally iconic. There have been dozens of 2000's kids like me who grew up with this show. Plus, Sega still acknowledges the show. And since they own the show via ownership of TMS, they have full control over it.

Finally, all sorts of shows have gotten new dubs. Gundam Seed, One Piece, and Prince of Tennis are some major examples. If those shows got new dubs, then I see no reason why Sonic X can't get one too.

Sonic X is only iconic to certain parts of the fanbase and even then it was a mixed bag. It is by no means culturally iconic among general audiences. And  with Knuckles getting his own series based off the movie along with Sonic Prime its clear thats where SEGA's trying to focus their brand. At this point I feel like the movie does a better job at portraying the concept Sonic X had anyway, and would rather they focus more on fleshing out that universe than dragging this back. Sonic X just feels like a lower quality version of what mainstream series we have now.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:26 PM, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Sonic X is not on the levels of those shows, nowhere near it. I can't speak for Gundam Seed and Prince of Tennis, but I'm a big One Piece fan and I was there when 4Kids had the license, dropped it, and when Funimation got it. Whether you like it or not 4Kids' Sonic X dub was very successful, and their One Piece dub wasn't, like at all, and 4Kids even went as far as cancelling it early, pulling it from their block and letting it slowly die on Toonami. It wouldn't have continued unless the team at Toonami wanted it to, which wouldn't have happened if Toei themselves didn't want their ongoing flagship show to succeed in America. Sonic X was done and successful. Its job was done. One Piece was a different story and things needed to change in order for it to continue. Sonic X and One Piece just aren't comparable.

Besides that, the main problem lies in that Sonic X (a 2 decade old show) is a product of its time and Sega is very insistent on keeping it there. Redubbing it would cost a lot of money, and the dub still sells well enough that making another version is pointless. It's why we're stuck with the 90s/early 2000s Funimation dub of Dragon Ball Z and they won't make a newer, more accurate dub. Kai was a good opportunity for a better dub, but even then they eventually went back to pushing the original Z dub again because nostalgia is king. At the end of the day what you gotta realize is if an anime dub did well and continues to sell well, there's no need for any company to invest a lot of money into taking another stab at it. Not only would it be a waste of money, the different versions of it on the market would confuse people who don't know any better.

• Thumbs Up 3

One Piece had to be redubbed. Sonic X wasn't neutered into being a completely different show ignoring the market that it was intended for. Yeah, I mean, Sonic's score being 4Kids-ified sucks, and I get there's some editing to dance around things that don't need to be, but as I understand the dub is serviceable enough for what it needs to be. It isn't good, sure, but generally speaking the intent is still conveyed.

That didn't happen at all with One Piece, and it was even more glaring when the manga was at least a year fresh into the US thanks to Viz Shonen Jump AND contemporary Naruto was getting a faithful adaptation by Viz in comparison. I'm not even a fan of the series, but it's not hard to see what 4Kids did to that show as anything other than a disservice and it wasn't a natural fit at all (as I understand, Toei basically forced them to take the show in a package deal as well so they didn't screen it until it was too late).

At most I think Sega just needs to loosen up and let Discotek do the sub-only release because even an uncut redub of a kids show that isn't airing/ongoing, with a dubbed product that already sells just fine, is way too niche to have any market appeal outside of Sonic enthusiasts, and the sub release would be cheaper.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would I like an uncut dub of Sonic X? Sure, I'd like to watch it in English with the Japanese score. Does it need a new, uncut dub? Not really.

Let's completely remove the factor about Sonic X's popularity. Because the truth is, Sonic X was and is still pretty popular! The series got a lot of fans into the larger Sonic franchise to be sure, but it also was just a very popular show with kids when it was airing back in the early 2000s. Part of that is simply because Sonic itself was popular, but for a lot of people not into the games for one reason or another, Sonic X was a constant point of entry. It's longevity on US TV alone was remarkable, continuing to air and remain fairly popular for nearly another decade after it ended it's premiere run. Its popularity is why Discotek licensed it and why they're releasing more Sonic content with AOSTH. Kids are still getting into the series thanks to its presence on streaming platforms like Youtube, Hulu, Tubi, etc. and the kids that were 10 when they watched in 2003 are getting close to 30 now and have a fair amount of nostalgia for it. And with the exception of Hulu - all of that is just for the 4Kids dub!

But with all that said, why would it need a redub? As much as I love the Japanese version more, the 4Kids dub of Sonic X is for all intents and purposes fine. No episodes were removed, few scenes had their intentions changed (even if Cosmo or Maria or Molly's deaths were softened, the point is still gotten across), and most importantly the existing dub is really popular and TMS sees no problem with it. In fact it's the opposite, Discotek has said that they haven't been able to release the subbed version because TMS wants the series to continue to be marketed for kids and the 4Kids version is going to do that more than a Japanese version. Releasing the subbed version where Sonic says "shit" in English in the second episode actually has the potential to hurt their brand because Sonic X is still relevant enough for that to be a concern.

Every redub mentioned in this thread was created for a specific reason. Prince of Tennis never had more than 50 episodes dubbed because of Viz's practices at the time due to licensing too many series at once. Gundam Seed's existing dub wasn't going to be easily placed over the remastered version of the show produced for the HD release; which removed episodes, reanimated or added scenes, and was overall edited differently than the original version. The 4Kids dub of One Piece was a colossal and unpopular failure. Hardly anyone liked it. Not only were episodes and plot points removed - entire multi-episode, plot-relevant, story arcs were removed creating confusion in the final product in terms of its story and even co-current releases of the material such as Viz's release of the manga. Finally, 4Kids gave up on the title and FUNimation got control, dubbing the new season with completely different actors and matching the rest of their dub output. A redub of One Piece was inevitable for the market it was aiming for, which was quite a bit older and opinionated than who 4Kids targeted with their dub. Even popular dubs like Sailor Moon and Evangelion were redubbed because the Japanese producers wanted them redubbed. Viz has made it clear that a lof folks want them to put out the Dic and Cloverway dubs of Sailor Moon, but Toei and especially Naoko Takeuchi don't want those versions in circulation. GKids was allowed to release the ADV and Manga dubs of Evangelion on their recent blu-ray set, but only as features exclusive to limited edition sets and under the distinction of "Classic Dubs", while the redub, which Khara personally supervised, is titled the "Official Dub". Sometimes a second dub is produced for another reason - mostly related to money, such as Netflix and Sentai producing separate dubs for stuff like Baki the Grappler or Vinland Saga rather than pay each other to use their work, or the unreleased AHK dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal that was produced to try and cut 4Kids out of the process of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s localization.

But Sonic X doesn't have any of those problems. Every episode is commercially available, aimed at and still consumed by the target demographic, and TMS likes how popular the dub is to the point they release clips of it fairly regularly on Youtube (they actually just streamed a marathon of Sonic and Knuckles episodes to piggy back off the new movie a few days ago). A redub really only appeals to those that don't like the dub and want something more faithful to the Japanese version, and that market is niche and would be even smaller if the Japanese version was also more commercially available. Folks like me, that would welcome a new dub, mainly want the subbed version on blu-ray and don't really mind the existing English dub continuing to serve the audience it was made for. I certainly wouldn't want to have that version, which got actors like Mike Pollock or Jason Griffith to first voice these characters, no longer in circulation. Lastly, Sonic X is 78 episodes long. That might not be as long as hundreds of episodes like a juggernaut like One Piece, but 78 episodes is a major investment for a dubbing company. Who's going to pay for it? TMS has a version that is popular and marketable, so they don't need another one. Same goes for Sega. Discotek has the license, but they're a small outfit that can't pay to dub more than a movie or a handful of episodes OVA. They certainly can't dub 78 episodes for something that already has a popular dub; they even had to pass on dubbing something more mainstream like Reborn! which they received different bids for and doesn't have any dub. They just couldn't afford it.

So again, would I like a new, uncut dub of Sonic X? Sure, I'd get it and watch it. But it just doesn't make sense to make it financially for any party involved when the existing dub is just fine for what they need. Gonna keep bugging TMS and Sega about a subbed set though, that Discotek wants to have happen already.

• Thumbs Up 9

Would a redub fix all of the problems that Sonic X has?

As a die-hard Sonic X hater there are two things about Sonic X that make me straight up hate the show.

1. The two worlds crap(the first five minutes of the first episode before the characters get sent to the human world are the only good moments in the whole series).

2. It's Chris not Sonic that is the main character.

• 1 month later...

First, before I start, I would like to address some of the reasons people have given to me as to why it couldn't happen.

It's too niche of a series: Even niche series can get redubs. Prince of Tennis, which was originally dubbed by Viz in a slightly edited state, was later redubbed by Funimation in an uncut state.

It's too long: Prince of Tennis is technically longer. Sonic X has 78 episodes, while Prince of Tennis has 178. Funimation is dubbing all of those 178 episodes.

It's a bit too risque for Sega: Honestly, the only things I could see being a bit risque are Rouge and some of the swearing. Rouge shouldn't be changed at all, as that is her character. As for the swearing, maybe tone it down a bit, but replace it with more milder swears.

And now on to the reason you are here. Here is why I think Sonic X needs an uncut dub, and how exactly it could work.

All things considered, Sonic X is still very popular in the Sonic fandom. It is probably the most game-accurate adaptation we have as of now. Chris may be a bit of a whiny brat, but maybe a new actor/actress could fix that. Also, a new dub would have less cheesy lines (if you have seen the 4Kids dub, you know what I am talking about). Because most dubs nowadays stick to being as close to the Japanese version as possible, the lines in the uncut dub would be genuinely funny and pretty serious when it needs to. That leads into another thing: dubbing practices have changed over the years. Most dubs nowadays are uncut. They even keep the original music intact. This is something 4Kids did not do. The soundtrack in the dub never stops, it just keeps playing. A new dub would not have that problem.

Now, how exactly would a new dub work? Well, it would have to be recorded in Los Angeles, because that is where the voice acting for the games is recorded. The current games cast would reprise their roles. It would most likely be distributed by either Viz Media, Discotek, or TMS Entertainment's US branch.

So, what do you guys think? Are you now convinced that an uncut dub of Sonic X is possible? Or do you still disagree with me? Let me know in the comments.

*Looks around* I kinda..like dub we have and the voice cast? 👀 

honestly, i think the biggest point in favor is the music changes. Though I’d be lying if the music didn’t grow on me over time. As far as I was aware, the dub stayed pretty close already.

Is it possible? well, anything is possible, I suppose. Is it Necessary? Idk?

I think the biggest problem with the Sonic X dub as it stands (other than it being kind of bad) is the awful 4kids score and the removal of darker elements from the games. There's been a lot of talk about reintegration of some of the more sexual or violent content to the English version, but honestly I'm okay with some of that stuff not being there.

There is actually an entire fanmade "uncut english edition" of all 78 episodes floating around online that uses music and voice removal software and fan dubbing to create what is technically an uncut dub, but it's...not good. The music sounds tinny and the JP acting can still be heard over the music at times, the English audio sounds like its recorded in a wind tunnel due to the removal of the 4kids music, and the fandub acting sticks out like a sore thumb, and isn't even very well-performed on top of that.

It's a shame, because it's a lot of effort put in for a few scenes that weren't all that important to the show, and the ones that are could probably have utilized synthesized AI voices, cameo lines from voice actors or even sentence-mixing other clips from the games, and the appeal of the music is lost by the whole thing having really poor quality audio.

The ideal "uncut dub" would probably still cut some of the weirder shit, but use better tech like phase cancellation with the English soundtrack (as seen here) to isolate the dub audio better. Problem is, even making that still tended to require its own phase cancellation, such as using other dubs based on the 4kids version.

If I had the time, I would love to hunt all this shit down and do it myself, see what kind of cleanup I could do on some of the fandubs, make decisions etc. But it's time-consuming work, and I'm sure that's why the fanedit made the decisions it did. I think it's possible to create a dual-audio version of the show with what we have instead of redubbing the whole thing from scratch (I GUARANTEE a good fanedit is more likely to exist than a professional redub), but it needs a good team and a good framework. I highly encourage anyone who has the time and thinks all this sounds interesting to try, but I'm not holding my breath. Whenever I get to Sonic X for my own channel, I'm probably just gonna use the Japanese version, though I might toss the uncut dub edit to Bruce or Loren in case they feel more comfortable with it than me.

10 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Most dubs nowadays are uncut.

Most dubs focused on teen-to-adult centered anime. Kids anime, the kind of stuff that aims at ages 6-12, still gets cut, re-scripted, and de-Japanified. You just don't see that as much because there aren't as many as in the heyday of broadcast networks looking to fill timeslots with cheap imports.

You don't get a re-dub unless you're culturally significant, and sure, yes, there are Sonic fans who like the show, but Sonic fans aren't the consumer force that you might want to believe they are. It would have to capture an audience outside of Sonic fans, and, let's be real, in 2022, the only people actively thinking about Sonic X is Sonic fans. For everyone else, it came and went and its only impact was the phrase "Gotta go fast." Sonic X isn't a Sailor Moon. Sonic X isn't an Evangelion. That's the bar you need to be at to get a redub. You don't get a redub if you're a cheap enough property to get picked up by Discotek and published in a single massive volume.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, GX Echidna said:

Most dubs focused on teen-to-adult centered anime. Kids anime, the kind of stuff that aims at ages 6-12, still gets cut, re-scripted, and de-Japanified. You just don't see that as much because there aren't as many as in the heyday of broadcast networks looking to fill timeslots with cheap imports.

You don't get a re-dub unless you're culturally significant, and sure, yes, there are Sonic fans who like the show, but Sonic fans aren't the consumer force that you might want to believe they are. It would have to capture an audience outside of Sonic fans, and, let's be real, in 2022, the only people actively thinking about Sonic X is Sonic fans. For everyone else, it came and went and its only impact was the phrase "Gotta go fast." Sonic X isn't a Sailor Moon. Sonic X isn't an Evangelion. That's the bar you need to be at to get a redub. You don't get a redub if you're a cheap enough property to get picked up by Discotek and published in a single massive volume.

I understand where you are coming from. But I must point out a few things:

Most kids anime are basically unedited. There may be some changes here and there (mainly the music), but they are basically intact as is. If Sonic X's redub is put in the hands of a competent distributor like Viz or Discotek, then it will be uncensored. I don't think they will change the music

Also, even smaller, less significant anime have gotten redubs. I already mentioned how Funimation dubbed Prince of Tennis. That anime didn't leave much of an impact, but it got redubbed anyways.

Only some Sonic fans and some anime fans know the dub is considered poor compared to the original. The re-dub's marketable audience already came and went. If they did make a new dub, I'm sure a majority of the people that would come across it and buy it would be upset at the noticeable changes because it doesn't match the version they grew up watching. Like music, scripts, and especially voices. It's the same reason why Dragon Ball Z can't get a decent dub-- the power of nostalgia is holding it back. General audiences don't care about accuracy, only some anime fans do. Those general audiences just want the version they're familiar with. The reason why the general audience is important is because they outnumber the hardcore fans like you and me. They're the ones with the majority of the money. They also don't know any better. Again, this isn't a severe case like One Piece either because as much as I like the original Japanese version of Sonic X, even I have to admit its dub is serviceable enough.

Prince of Tennis is an exception to the general rule we keep talking about. I don't know the logistics behind that one but I'm way more familiar with Sonic to know why this won't happen. First of all, it's really expensive to license anime, and it's really expensive to re-dub it, especially if nobody is gonna buy it. The second (and probably the most important) thing is that Sega doesn't care about it and I'm sure they'd prevent it from happening if they were approached about it. This show represents an era of Sonic they've moved past and it doesn't represent their brand today. It's the same reason why they keep making a new show every few years to match their current vision.

Plus, I'm sure Sega would rather put the resources that could be put into this into higher production qualities for the next movie or Knuckles TV show we're about to get.

Let's be real though... Even if this did end up miraculously getting some kind of re-dub 20 years later to cater to an extremely niche market, the people who wanted it would still find reasons to not like it more than the original Japanese version for whatever reason, which is still very accessible today.

I really hate to sound pessimistic about this, but the Sonic X's best chance to get a new dub was shot by the time the 2000s were over and Colors came out. I spent the majority of the mid-late 2000s, along with lots of other fans at the time, wanting an uncut dub. We were much louder then compared to today. Those people have either moved on or accepted that this won't happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like, ultimately, my attitude on the whole thing is, it's not worth doing. Sonic X, for the first third of its life was a monster-of-the-week kids show that then retold a handful of game stories. Even in Japanese with subtitles, it's, at best, an fair show aimed at a young audience. It doesn't do anything crazy or special or iconic outside of having Sonic. The characters feel broad and poorly defined. The adventures feel cartoony and low-stakes, but never especially funny either. There are a thousand just-sort-of-okay cross-promotional kids shows that come out of Japan, and Sonic X doesn't do anything special to escape that consuming sea of that-genre-and-demographic-of-thing. Put bluntly, even if you rewrote the script translations, it wouldn't resolve the biggest fundamental issues that series has. You might as well push for, I don't know, doing Fighting Foodons or Mew Mew Power over again. You could, but what does that actually do for the series, and who does that move the needle for?

From Sega's perspective, the show doesn't even really represent what they're doing with the franchise at the moment, so it's not like it has that value to them. Paramount got kids interested in a certain tone of Sonic, and Prime seems to be moving forward in that broad direction.

I can understand liking the series (and given how many topics you create on the idea of getting it rereleased, I can tell you like the series), but there's just no angle in which doing anything significant with Sonic X in 2022 makes sense. It doesn't make business sense, it doesn't make cultural sense, and pointing to "but ___ got a redub!" tends to be the exception more than the rules.

Redubs just don't happen that often, and the ones where it does happen usually does so because it's tied to some other major larger deal. If for whatever reason SEGA decided that there needs to be a fourth season of the show and want to push it hard, then maybe we get the redub for the sake of having continuity. That's the only context in which I see this happening.

That said... If for whatever reason a publisher opted to continue the Archie Sonic X comic series, I would read the hell out of it. That comic was better than the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why did you start a new topic when your last one is less than two months old and still visible on the first page of the sub-board?

It's interesting that you bring up Prince of Tennis when I specifically mentioned why Prince of Tennis would get a redub in the last topic. Prince of Tennis was redubbed as part of a larger initiative to reintroduce the brand, which is and has always been very popular in Japan, to the US after the Viz dub failed to reach a similar level of popularity. Viz dubbed 50 episodes and then cancelled it because it wasn't popular enough. Every episode of Sonic X was dubbed and the existing English version has remained popular for over nearly two decades. It's apples and oranges.

Also, why you mention Viz releasing Sonic X as a possibility confuses me. Today, Viz is very conservative in what anime they license, only getting a select few titles that are either related to popular legacy properties of theirs (Yashahime, Thousand Year Blood War) or are a rare popular Japanese ip pickup (Mr. Osomatsu-kun, Megalox Box - which they didn't even get the second season of). The only older title they've picked up in recent memory is Sailor Moon, another popular Japanese ip that needed to be reintroduced at the wishes of the mangaka. Sonic X is a more explicitly kids property which they moved away from years ago. You have a better chance of them releasing Sonic Prime due to their connection with Netflix over titles like Castlevania and Seis Manos.

Discotek has the license to Sonic X, and it clearly did well enough for them to pick up AOSTH. They won't give up Sonic X unless they have to. Discotek absolutely cannot pay for a redub of Sonic X, that's not a financially viable move for a small outfit like them since the only titles they dub are short form stuff like a movie or OVA. They want to release the series subbed of course, but that's a much cheaper venture than a redub. That said, the reason they haven't released a subbed set is because TMS won't let them.

Which brings this back around to the biggest problem: TMS doesn't even really want the Japanese version of Sonic X released in the US, let alone a redub. Sonic X is a kids property, and the existing dub remains popular with the target demo for TMS, to the point where the existing Japanese version is currently not allowed to be released over here. Why would TMS allow let alone fund a redub themselves when they aren't even willing to let the original version be released by a company that wants to do it for them? One they trust enough to handle dubs of Lupin III and trust with reintroducing one of if not their biggest ip, Detective Conan, to the US market for similar reasons to FUNi's (or Crunchyroll's I guess?) redub of Prince of Tennis? Your reasons for why a redub needs to happen aren't based in the reality of the situation, which are the reasons why a redub needs to not happen from those in charge.

I will remind you from the previous topic that I'd probably like a redub of Sonic X; I much prefer the Japanese version to the 4Kids dub. I'm not shooting the idea down out of spite. But redubbing the series makes no sense to any party currently in charge of it and that isn't likely to change going forward.

• Thumbs Up 6