Awoo.

Sonic Movie 3 might release in 2024, Paramount in talks with Hollywood Actor for Sonic’s New Rival

CaptainRobo
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic 3 Movie May Release in 2024, Hollywood Actor Tipped to Play Latest Sonic Rival at some point.

27 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

As long as they keep the quality high and keep the focus on Sonic & pals, why not? Just swap out the heroes to avoid it getting stale... something Vin "FUCK YOU IT'S MY MOVIE NOW" Diesel Universal hasn't quite accomplished with F&F.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, and get the Mission Impossible guys working on a Tails movie as soon as Dead Reckoning: Pt. 2 wraps. Complete with Tom Cruise as the Great Battle Kukku XV, because... well, why not? He's in every other Paramount pic, right? half /s

Source? It'd be great if he was, but I don't think that ever actually came up during the Le Vengeance press tour everyone points too.

Uhh https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegamer.com/robert-pattinson-interview-being-the-batman/amp/

FNJ-7Z6WUAghLqO.thumb.jpg.e7945a10686fefa68e50aba406514850.jpg

35 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Maybe you should actually check your sources before posting a link to a completely different article with no mention of SA2 whatsoever.

Not that it matters, since every search I've just made indicates that the "article" that screenshot is from, doesn't exist. The only results that pop up are some Reddit posts of the same exact image (with no links to any real source btw) and none of the actual interviews with Robert on GQ make any reference to Sonic in the slightest.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, as cool a detail as that might be, I’m not seeing it in the article linked. The linked article is a different news outlet, and GQ..i can’t find an interview like that. That’s starting to feel edited to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, according to Josh, they will make the Sonic movie franchise as the next Fast and Furious if more people show up to watch more Sonic movies.:

I do hope that Sonic the Hedgehog can get over 5 movies at least.  There are so many characters from the franchise that they could use for the big screen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted By: Zulon

On 5/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, Mikey said:

Wish I cared...

You cared enough to comment.

Posted By: Irene [translated]

Some comments I've read made me feel a little off as a fan of Sonic... because if Jim Carrey doesn't return, what's the point of Doctor Robotnik (or rather Doctor Eggman)? What will happen to his character? He was so good at it, I don't want him to retire - I really want him to come back for the third film. I cross my fingers and I hope so very much, because Jim Carrey was great at doing this character... no one else will be as good at it.

JIM CARREY PLEASE RETURN AS YOUR CHARACTER FOR THE THIRD MOVIE! Please, please, I really want you to come back. I believe in you. I don't want you to disappoint Sonic fans.

Posted By: Irene

On 5/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, followmyrainbow said:

As long as Shadow isn’t Chris Pratt, I’m all good.

Also I’d actually prefer Crush 40’s Sonic Boom cover to be in a movie? That would make a really epic final boss battle.

Yes I believe so too

15 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I do hope that Sonic the Hedgehog can get over 5 movies at least.  There are so many characters from the franchise that they could use for the big screen.

Same. I want my Tails movie from the Mission: Impossible team, dammit!

• Nice Smile 2

On 5/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, Mikey said:

Wish I cared...

You I cared enough to leave a comment about something you don’t care about..  🤷‍♂️

Since, they are planning to include elements from Sonic Adventure 2, I can see Sonic go back to San Francisco. I think how I think Amy could be in the next one. Maybe, she was the property owner of a apartment in San Francisco and pretend to be human? We could see a backstory of how she got to Earth.:

• Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Since, they are planning to include elements from Sonic Adventure 2, I can see Sonic go back to San Francisco. I think how I think Amy could be in the next one. Maybe, she was the property owner of a apartment in San Francisco and pretend to be human? We could see a backstory of how she got to Earth.:

I’m curious how this is all gonna play out tbh. They’re gonna have to stumble across other game cast members at some point (because plot) anyway, I think it would feel more natural if they stumbled across them them while portal-jumping worlds (maybe to find at least one of the chaos emeralds, or tracking/evading a non-Jimbotnik villain) rather than have everyone independently gravitate towards Earth or be already here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ooh, good eye! Didn't even catch that.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they want to make Sonic the next Fast & Furious-type franchise, then they'll be blowing their wad pretty early with [arguably] the most beloved 3D Sonic game. 

Unless they go in reverse and do SA1 afterward, no other modern-era stories could really follow up on it movie-wise, besides maybe Heroes or Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Austroid said:

If they want to make Sonic the next Fast & Furious-type franchise, then they'll be blowing their wad pretty early with [arguably] the most beloved 3D Sonic game. 

Unless they go in reverse and do SA1 afterward, no other modern-era stories could really follow up on it movie-wise, besides maybe Heroes or Unleashed.

Yeah, was expecting SA1 to be up next myself. Very surprised that they're going straight to Shadow, though he is pretty popular.

Spoiler

Unless they combine the two, but... I hope they don't. Wachowski needs to defeat a legit god by himself first, ya know?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Austroid said:

I think they should do at least seven films so that the collectors box set can be styled after the chaos emeralds. Also if they run out of games to adapt they can always take inspiration from non game media. I’ve been saying that the Metal virus arc would be the Infinity War of the Sonic movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

I think they should do at least seven films so that the collectors box set can be styled after the chaos emeralds. Also if they run out of games to adapt they can always take inspiration from non game media. I’ve been saying that the Metal virus arc would be the Infinity War of the Sonic movies.

Ooh, I'd love that! And then they can top it by introducing Solaris...

Phew. I'm sure I'll nope out at a point once they start getting to the abstract stuff. 

But it will be nice seeing how the film franchise takes a life of its own. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: YoshiAngemon

On 5/27/2022 at 6:54 PM, Sk72o said:

Black Doom must be their back up villian if they can’t get jim Carrey back

Or Agent Stone could get promoted from a sidekick to a villain, maybe taking up the moniker of “Eggman,” not “Robotnik.” He was disguised as a GUN Agent.

Posted By: Sonic_idk82

The reaction when i found out shadow was weird

On 5/30/2022 at 2:31 PM, KingMario05 said:

Ooh, good eye! Didn't even catch that.

Yeah, thanks. 

Also, do you think Randall will return for the next movie? I could imagine a scene of Randall and his squad trying to take down Shadow.:

I realized that Neal H. Moritz was one of the executive producers for the TV show, SWAT which the Randall actor stars in. I think he was probably as close to an government agent that they could get for the movie. I think that may be the reason why he got casted when he was officially announced months ago.:

shemar-moore-val-dorantes-1633747740513.jpg

7750cc604233e82a14e5cc75c20d9122.jpg

27 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yeah, thanks. 

Also, do you think Randall will return for the next movie? I could imagine a scene of Randall and his squad trying to take down Shadow.:

I realized that Neal H. Moritz was one of the executive producers for the TV show, SWAT which the Randall actor stars in. I think he was probably as close to an government agent that they could get for the movie. I think that may be the reason why he got casted when he was officially announced months ago.:

shemar-moore-val-dorantes-1633747740513.jpg

7750cc604233e82a14e5cc75c20d9122.jpg

That would be interesting if Randall had a bigger role in the third movie in capturing Shadow or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

If Rouge appear in the movie. They could use a design similar to this one. This was drawn by ThePinkGalaxy55 from Twitter.:

FL7XtfwVIAAa31M?format=png&name=900x900

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's look like we got an little update on The Knuckles TV show and it will connected to the third movie. The TV show will take place before the third movie. So, I guess we got the TV show to hold us over. It's going to be a while, since the movie will not be out until 2024.:

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, it's look like we got an little update on The Knuckles TV show and it will connected to the third movie. The TV show will take place before the third movie. So, I guess we got the TV show to hold us over. It's going to be a while, since the movie will not be out until 2024.:

Interesting.  I do wonder if they will have some flashbacks to Knuckles' past in the series.  And I wonder what characters will be introduced into the series besides Sonic and Tails?  Maybe Rouge might make an appearance and maybe Amy Rose as well.

• Thumbs Up 1