Awoo.

Sonic Movie 3 might release in 2024, Paramount in talks with Hollywood Actor for Sonic’s New Rival

CaptainRobo
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic 3 Movie May Release in 2024, Hollywood Actor Tipped to Play Latest Sonic Rival at some point.

19 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Interesting.  I do wonder if they will have some flashbacks to Knuckles' past in the series.  And I wonder what characters will be introduced into the series besides Sonic and Tails?  Maybe Rouge might make an appearance and maybe Amy Rose as well.

Yeah, so, the TV show will be a miniseries. That is pretty much what some of the TV shows like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Hawkeye that Marvel did for the past few years. All of these TV shows were setting up future MCU movies and TV shows. So, the show probably not intended to last that long.

Also, all of that is possible. Introducing new characters like Rouge and Amy in the TV show might save a lot of screen time for the third movie. So, there could be enough screen time for what the third movie need to show.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yeah, so, the TV show will be a miniseries. That is pretty much what some of the TV shows like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Hawkeye that Marvel did for the past few years. All of these TV shows were setting up future MCU movies and TV shows. So, the show probably not intended to last that long.

Also, all of that is possible. Introducing new characters like Rouge and Amy in the TV show might save a lot of screen time for the third movie. So, there could be enough screen time for what the third movie need to show.

My only concern with the Knuckles series being tied to Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is that it might be a bit troublesome for some people who don't have Paramount Plus.  Like for example, Marvel has some TV shows like Wandavision and The Falcon and Winter Soldier that are directly tied to the movies.  If you haven't seen any of the TV shows, then you might be lost in seeing what happens in the movies.  Like in order to fully understand Dr. Strange in the Multiverse movie, you have to watch Wandavison to understand Wanda's character and I'm worried that if they introduced characters like Rouge and Amy Rose, then anyone who hasn't seen the Knuckles series would be confused about the appearance of Amy and Rouge.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

My only concern with the Knuckles series being tied to Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is that it might be a bit troublesome for some people who don't have Paramount Plus.  Like for example, Marvel has some TV shows like Wandavision and The Falcon and Winter Soldier that are directly tied to the movies.  If you haven't seen any of the TV shows, then you might be lost in seeing what happens in the movies.  Like in order to fully understand Dr. Strange in the Multiverse movie, you have to watch Wandavison to understand Wanda's character and I'm worried that if they introduced characters like Rouge and Amy Rose, then anyone who hasn't seen the Knuckles series would be confused about the appearance of Amy and Rouge.

A fair concern, but I really don't think we have anything to worry about. Dr. Strange 2, a movie for which WandaVision is essentially required viewing (supposedly)? The highest-grosser in Sam Raimi's ENTIRE CAREER, and I believe that it's still the overall box office king of the year so far. (Top Gun: HOLY SHIT WHY THE HELL IS It SO GODDAMN GOOD Maverick will likely overtake it in the next few weeks.) So this approach clearly works wonders, meaning that it'd make sense for Paramount to follow in Disney and WB/HBO Max's footsteps here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, coming back around to the other topic of the thread. How would you react if, one fine day, Sega and Paramount announced this:

FuckYeeeah.png.ece535e20351301f54c2c3d2ac67b7cf.png

Spoiler

As stupid as it seems, it'd make sense for him to be Paramount's first pick for Shadow. TG Maverick, which I alluded to above,  is shaping up to be Paramount's biggest box-office hit in YEARS. And when combined with two Mission: Impossible movies coming up next, it's clear that he - not Transformers, not Nickelodeon, not even Star Trek - is by FAR their biggest asset in the playing field.

To be fair, some people on here are already dead set against it. And due to Cruise's... fucking WEIRD religion that shall not be named here, it's possible that Shad's alien origins would get cut outright were Tom to actually sign on board to the franchise. Still, based on Par's lucrative career with him, this is probably what they want. And ya know what? Assuming TC gives it his all... it just might work.

(Besides. Come on. EVERYONE wants to see the Vancouver spy shots of him performing his death-defying stunts... in a mo-cap suit... and a crummy Shadow mask... all whist kneeling down, to better capture Shadow's height. Lol.)

Paramount mentioned the 3rd movie at CineEurope.:

Among the upcoming animated titles that Paramount highlighted today were the next pic in the hit Sonic the Hedgehog franchise; 2023’s Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie; globetrotting Spanish animation Tadeo Jones and the Emerald Tablet; and the Seth Rogen- and Evan Goldberg-produced CG reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which is due in summer 2023.

Source

Also, Sonic 2 had now officially surpassed a worldwide total gross of $400 million. The movie is now the 5th highest-grossing video game movie in the world.:

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Among the upcoming animated titles that Paramount highlighted today were the next pic in the hit Sonic the Hedgehog franchise; 2023’s Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie; globetrotting Spanish animation Tadeo Jones and the Emerald Tablet; and the Seth Rogen- and Evan Goldberg-produced CG reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which is due in summer 2023.

Source

I saw that, yeah! Any word on who they got to voice Shadow? (And was I even close?)

54 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Source

Also, Sonic 2 had now officially surpassed a worldwide total gross of $400 million. The movie is now the 5th highest-grossing video game movie in the world.:

Congrats to Sonic 2 for reaching 400 million!

• Thumbs Up 2

How would you feel if Adam Driver is casted as Shadow? That would be cool because he and Ben were in a movie together back in 2014 which was the year that the Sonic movie was officially announced. That was the time when the movie was developed by Sony before they give it to Paramount. This movie is called This is Where I Leave You.

deebf18c6cb4ce768756ffda3c2b0457.png

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

How would you feel if Adam Driver is casted as Shadow? That would be cool because he and Ben were in a movie together back in 2014 which was the year that the Sonic movie was officially announced. That was the time when the movie was developed by Sony before they give it to Paramount. This movie is called This is Where I Leave You.

deebf18c6cb4ce768756ffda3c2b0457.png

Much better actor than Keanu Reeves 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/25/2022 at 1:45 AM, PeterPancake said:

Much better actor than Keanu Reeves 

On par with Battison, in my eyes. (And both are admittedly better than the meme pick of Cruise, lol.)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this movie.  I'm really hoping to see Amy and Rouge show up.  My only thing is that if we start seeing more and more talking animals show up in Green Hill, the Wachowskis couldn't possibly adopt them all, unless they wanted to start a zoo. ;) 

So what if the other residents started taking them in and everyone in Green Hill had a weird pet?  Agent Stone could adopt Shadow, Wade could take in Amy, Rachel and Randall could have Rouge, and this could continue in further movies and related shows:  New animal shows up, and gets a forever home. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, babsiwuff said:

So what if the other residents started taking them in and everyone in Green Hill had a weird pet?  Agent Stone could adopt Shadow, Wade could take in Amy, Rachel and Randall could have Rouge, and this could continue in further movies and related shows:  New animal shows up, and gets a forever home. :)

Love this! Although it'd be hilarious to see a little kid infatuated with Tails insist that her family takes in a certain... plush doll.

tumblr_on5yox07cS1w1kerio1_400.gifv

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the writers just posted this. It's look like they are deciding on the ideas for the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Now if we can just get a confirmation of Carrey's return.....

• Thumbs Up 3

Here is another guy that I think might be perfect to play Shadow. I could see Hayden as Shadow. Also, he was born in Vancouver which is where the two Sonic movies were filmed.:

4600.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=f7c488d1a9130ff43de6ac04145a7479

Also, look who is at San Diego Comic-Con!

Mr. Fowler was probably just there for visiting. It's nice to see him there.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Found this nice artwork of Movie Tangle. It's look official. This picture could show how she could look like in movie style. Would be cool to see her in the movies someday.:

I like how artists show how other Sonic characters could look like in movie style. It will probably be a while to see any other Sonic characters like Cream and Blaze on the big screen. Maybe we could see some of them in a post credits scene for the third movie? 

• Thumbs Up 2

How would you feel if Aaron Paul was casted as Shadow?

That would be cool because in Breaking Bad, his character was seen playing two Sonic games which are Sonic 06 and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

He also played the main character in another video game movie which was Need for Speed which Kid Cudi who did a song for the second movie is also in it.:

Screen_Shot_2013-09-25_at_1.09.52_PM.png

Need for Speed': Kid Cudi reveals 'Breaking Bad' bromance | EW.com

• Thumbs Up 3

Woah that is some pretty sweet concept art! And is that Gerald Robotnik's skeleton in the third one!?

Edited by TurboLightning7
Missing word.
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Just found some concept art of the post credits scene.:

Damn, GUN didn’t even bother getting Gerald’s skeleton out of the cell? That’s cold.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Just found some concept art of the post credits scene.:

Wow, that skeleton in the background is pretty dark.  Makes me wonder what the tone of the third movie will be?

Well, the 1st and 2nd movies were family movies together with targeting the Sonic fan base. Nothing much I suspect will change in the 3rd movie, because we're talking about Sonic the Hedgehog here. Sonic Adventure 2 sure had a more serious story and some implications are truly haunting (maria shunting shadow off to earth looking weak, leaning on the control panel like she got hot/ close to dying), but the rest of the visuals are pretty chill.

I think seeing a skeleton in an old abandoned, dusty lab has some heavy implications, especially a real-life modeled skeleton evoking a stronger emotion rather than a drawn/ cartoon skeleton (at least to me it'd be more unsettling). However I think they'll leave that out for the movie, if used as a scare factor followed up with a comedic snarky comment one-two punch between Tails and Sonic. Probably Tails freaking out having a skeleton drop out of the closet while Sonic giving a snarky remark about its amazing jawline. That I could see work.

• Thumbs Up 2