Awoo.

Resident Evil 4 Remake. Yep it’s real. Releasing 2023

KHCast

*sigh* yep. It’s happening. Still personally not a fan of the decision, as the original still holds up so well Capcom kept Re releasing it to this day. On top of that, the story seems to be sucking out the camp, and snark Leon had and replacing him with a mopey edgy boy? I really hope that’s just because this is the first trailer preview of the game…but god damn if they really go that route, more than ever, I’m just gonna prefer the original to the remake. And that’s saying something, considering I really enjoy RE3R compared to most of the fanbase. I’m just…not feeling this one so far for so many reasons 

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Resident Evil 4 Remake. Yep it’s real. Releasing 2023

Man, Code Veronica really got robbed.

Personally, I don't really mind this. Hot take as it is, I've been under the opinion that RE4 and RE5's controls are still a little awkward and represent a bit of a transitional period. Not bad enough that you can't get used to and have fun with it, but it distinctly gets a lot more tiresome by the time you're heading into the more action-heavy portions of the games towards the end.

RE2R to me (and I admit, I might be biased because it was my first Resi game) is still the best in terms of action/horror balance IMO, and if nothing else, RE4's still gonna be there if the remake isn't great (That being the biggest advantage it has in comparsion to RE2 and RE3 - it's constant re-releases mean it's always readily available unlike those two originals).

I honestly just feel like if we were going to get a Resident Evil 4 remake and we're really redoing all the mainline games, they could have at least remade Code Veronica first. That game definitely needed the remake treatment far more than RE4 ever did.

And yeah, one flaw with these remakes is the lack of the cheese that helps make Resident Evil, Resident Evil. And given how much of RE4's marvelousness runs on the cheese, I do fear them taking that out of the tone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really think taking the cheese out would be that bad a thing. Resident Evil Remake did a damn good job taking the bad, hokey, cheesy voice acting out of the original and adding a foreboding atmosphere, and making it legitimately creepy - and RE2R definitely did that for the second game as well.

There's no point remaking Resi 4 if they're literally just going to sit and point for point copy/paste everything from the original into this one. If they're gonna remake it, I'd like them to take a chance trying a new angle on it, and if that's taking the hokiness out of Resi 4 and trying to tie it much closer to an actual horror-filled story, I'm all for it. Again, it's not as if the original game is hard to get or anything.

Idk RE3R was still pretty cheesy, Jill and Carlos still retained a level of camp to their characters, so I was hoping it might be more along that line, and less so, RE7.

Cool. I would definitely burn someone to the ground to play this game.

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Idk RE3R was still pretty cheesy, Jill and Carlos still retained a level of camp to their characters, so I was hoping it might be more along that line, and less so, RE7.

My problems with that remake aside, I suppose I can agree with that. For all its major flaws, RE3 remake at least had a good sense of tone, balancing out uber serious moments with the camp.

I hope Re4 remake goes for that, but the trailer....doesn't seem to suggest it will.

• Thumbs Up 2

If we don’t get some equivalent of “bitch can’t even swim” or “I won’t die and leave you in a Carlos-less world” what’s the point, cmon Capcom 

• Promotion 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

If we don’t get some equivalent of “bitch can’t even swim” or “I won’t die and leave you in a Carlos-less world” what’s the point, cmon Capcom 

Especially when you consider how renowned Leon is for his snark.