Awoo.

DAY 4 - Sonic Game Challenge 1: Peek-a-Boo [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Multikaris was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

Here we go: one of the most iconic secret areas in my mind. I recall finding this when I was 2. Now, 23 years later, I revisit it on the app.

08F1821E-B358-460E-AF10-009CB55D038F.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux

Stasis was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

It was either this or the hidden Chemical Plant Zone path that 99% of people knew nothing about.

wait.thumb.png.2ab88996fe2b11bd4c02737e8ab82ad4.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

RosaRosaRosalina was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

image.png.cfdb99738c260ac57f883877255317f7.png

I remember finding this place when I was about 9 or 10... was never really sure why the path was blocked off until I realized it was a secret. Took me another few years to realize that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to DAY 4 - Sonic Game Challenge 1: Peek-a-Boo [30DOS22]
Dreadknux

Nix was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

5518c142-89fb-4486-8ff4-b220bf5124dc.thumb.png.7bd5b2f34b9d951aa3a33a3373d92e91.png

Fans decompiled the Whitehead versions of Sonic 1&2 awhile back, and I learned that you can get them up and running on an Xbox pretty easily (and on a bunch of other stuff via Homebrew apparently).

Anyways, the obvious secret room. Mandatory for any playthrough of Sonic 1 at this point really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

FReaK was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

At the end in the secret path on the upper Route of CPZ2, there are 20 Rings and Invicibility hidden in plain sight. Also directly in front of the boss. 😆

S2ssmb.png

Also as an extra, Hidden Extra Life in CPZ1.

S2ssmb2.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was unlocked