Awoo.

DAY 5 - Fan Art Challenge 1: 'Fist Bump' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

It's the end of the week - Sunday is a time for creativity and being artistic. So we'd like you to relax, sit down, grab a pen or tablet and get drawing for our...

Fan Art Challenge

Each week, we offer a theme/prompt for you to work your creative talents on. As we know that it takes time to develop a piece of artwork that you might be happy with, we're giving you the prompts early and unlocking the topics every Sunday so that when you're ready to share your works of art, you can.

For taking part in this week's Fan Art Challenge, you will be eligible for this badge:

Fan Art Blue.png

You'll have a week until the end of the month (30 June at 23:59 UK Time) to share your creations in this topic and log your participation in this activity.

Fan Art Challenge

Theme: 'Fist Bump'

No further details on this one - we want the interpretation on this to be entirely up to you! 

This topic unlocks on Sunday 5 June at 17:00 UK Time. You will be able to post your artwork in this topic after that time, until the topic lock date.

Good arting!

• Fist Bump 1

• The topic was locked
Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Ryannumber1gamer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

Been awhile since I last did some sprite art, so this is pretty rusty, along with backgrounds not being my strongest suit. That said, I did wanna try to get something done for today, so here's two life-long friends giving each other a fist-bump!

760886963_Sonicsprite.thumb.png.c56fedf77ffa63c6295bbbe4b66a7bc4.png

...Well, assuming your idea of a fist-bump is a super powered emerald-infuelled rodent, and a heavily armoured evil mustached scientist fighting each other in a gigantic egg-shaped death station high above the planet, that is. 

Apologies again for the background, it was my attempt to recreate some aspects of the Death Egg's background, from the earth below (with the white being how it's depicted in the sprite work), along with the yellow pipes/windows of the Death Egg, along with the stars out in space spelling out Sonic and Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 2

Dreadknux

Iko was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

I'm still working on it, I don't know when I'll finish it, but my idea is similar to the one of @Dr. Mechano lol

A little teaser:

teaser.png.2c88e1279e4903aefffdba8b0da9931e.png

It's going to be a bit rough looking since I'm rushing it a lot, I'm usually very slow.

EDIT: the image doesn't show for some reason -.- EDIT2: ok it's my browser, I can see it on other browsers.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 2

Dreadknux

WanderingBleats was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

Two smartboys setting aside their differences to bond over their shared love of machines, and working on a project together!

eggtailsfistbumpsmall.png.04ee66a506194df69e6470c5fef08fb6.png

(If you recognize the robot design and its significance, congrats! You are a nerd. also here's the full resolution scan if you want it for any reason)

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

Dreadknux

Muscles Maximum was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

OG Chaotix pals, and POWER TYPES!!

spacer.png

We don't get to see much interaction between these two in the modern era sadly, but if we turn to the Olympic Games these guys have a special victory animation together. And that means oh so much to me.

It's been kind of a long time since I sat down with intent to draw. So, I really needed this.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

• The title was changed to DAY 5 - Fan Art Challenge 1: 'Fist Bump' [30DOS22]
Dreadknux

Blusolyn was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

32888802_SonicSilverShadowtrio22.thumb.jpg.c0830edc79e40ac0d5d8669f60fb0a8c.jpg

Sonic, Silver and Shadow. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Dreadknux

Multikaris was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

Medium: Still life photography. 

Tikal offereth Ye 1 fist bump. Doth thou accept?

79A48B03-D22F-421B-A3CD-7200E28C96EE.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 4

Dreadknux

Sapphirine Wind was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

I decided to use an OC based on one of my Avatars from Forces, since you know, Fist Bump.

1968359741_Onemorelastfistbump.thumb.jpg.c4e2072c7e27825e61c21a85cdd16469.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Dreadknux

JezMM was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

It's a busy week for me so the art's lazy but here's my contribution.

141574983_FistBumpDone.thumb.png.e9ed32e7d6061f09ed7825e450950413.png

• Chuckle 6
  • Fist Bump 2

Dreadknux

Stasis was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

fist.thumb.png.f4f5849de8d5b4a3ed5e0907a03ce9fe.png

Made for my Redbubble when Forces came out. Buy yours TODAY!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

castell-neath was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

A quick doodle i did in work today as I contemplated whether the emeralds themdelved do a quick fist bump before making Sonic go Super...? Forgive the crude design!!

20220610_090330.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It took me a while, but I finally completed it.

FistBump.png.716a365b8e4bf0f7eae7121c2947e870.png

Sonic defeated the Egg Saucer piloted by Knuckles, and Knuckles soon realized that he was tricked by Eggman once again, so he decided to follow Sonic to get his revenge against the fat scientist. In the meanwhile, Cream and Tails reached Sonic as well. Everything was going fine, until Eggman came out of nowhere aboard of a second Egg Saucer, ready to fight the entire party of friends at once!

No Knuckles, that's not going to work against that thing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Dreadknux

Zaysho was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

We all remember that iconic scene in SA2 when Shadow, Rouge and Eggman seal their alliance with a fist bump... right?

06052022shadow2web.png

I had a stupid idea and had to follow through with it. Mostly rough because I've been burned out recently, but still this was fun!

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

• The topic was unlocked

Finally found time to doodle! Hard to do anything substantial when you're a new parent haha! 😅 But I wanted to just draw something cute. I would love to find time to colour it in later!

fistbump-art.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

Sean was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Art Challenge activity' and 5 points.

Well I had this WIP sitting in my folder for a month and I just haven't worked up the motivation to finish it at all. I'm still showing it off here though, maybe sometime I'll finish it. Hope others like what I'm going for here.

soncitail.png

• Thumbs Up 1