Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation, June 7th, 2022 12PM EST

Kuzu
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Get Ready, A Sonic Central Broadcast Is Happening Tomorrow at some point.

On 6/7/2022 at 1:43 AM, DK Fan said:

If they were gonna reveal some new release tomorrow, my guess would be a compilation of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

I’m betting that will happen around the release of the third movie, like how origins happened soon after Sonic 2.

I wonder a little why this happens at the same time when IGN publishes their hands on. And why do we get a sonic central although ign has their "first" all month for frontiers? Something tells me we might get a surprise today, I wouldnt cross my fingers though..one can hope.

Unfortunately I wont be able to see it live today.. freakin dentist appointment :[

I think we were supposed to get a trailer ahead of the IGN stuff. That's why it seems so lackluster. It was supposed to be paired with a story/overview trailer that contextualized what we're seeing a lot better.

As for why it's dropping at the same time as the interview....I'm guessing the interview talks about stuff we're supposed to have known about already and they had to scramble to get ahead of it, lol.

Bear in mind I don't think this hypothetical trailer could salvage the game for me, but it might for some of you. We'll finally get a taste of what Ian's been cooking.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

Is the live stream up yet? Is there even a live stream?

IGN has a livestream for it: 

catchy music while waiting

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zadent said:

IGN has a livestream for it: 

catchy music while waiting

Alright, thanks!

What was even the point lmao

Go buy that merch, I guess.

Posted By: Greatsong1

And its already over, quite the letdown. -_-‘
‘Shadow in Sonic Prime confirmed’ was nice but was hoping for more then that.

I'm genuinely baffled at how bad this company is at promoting this series.

Its like a fever dream lol.

• Absolutely 13

It was pretty underwhelming. Majority of the content is nothing new.

BUT

That look at Prime and Shadow was great! Frontiers' boss fight looks pretty interesting

• Thumbs Up 3

Had that central been the first thing we saw this month, it would have been great. 

But its just not on the same wavelength as fans are now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The best thing about the central was the Origins trailer.

This very much felt like it was just made because people wanted Sonic news, so they gave probably one of the most nothing ways of showing it all off.

I very much hate this franchise's marketing

• Thumbs Up 2

There was basically no point to it. We got some collabs we either knew about already or existed for ages, we got just about a minute of footage for Prime, Frontiers, and Prologue together, and we had a bad trailer for Origins, and a freaking 'sneak peak' at a movie that's been out for two months, which only existed to have Ben say "hey, buy this", as well as telling us the symphony is going on a world tour.

Literally the only thing worth a damn here was Super Shadow and Mephiles in Speed Battle, and new merchandise, this was freaking pathetic. They have IGN running a hands-on today and they didn't think to keep it for their own presentation, or make it a cross promotion or something?

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, it was something. I say I liked that small sneak peek at Sonic Prime and Shadow's appearance. But most of it was a reatireation of what knew before. Plus that Frontiers prologue. 

I liked the news about the symphony touring, hoping it comes to the UK.

Otherwise yeah that was a waste of time, and scheduling it for the same time as the IGN preview was amateurish.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you're just going to show us two seconds of "sneak peeks", don't even bother. That was bafflingly dumb.

When the most exciting thing from a 15-minute Sonic presentation is the release of an Eggmobile toy (which AHHHHH I WANT NOW), you're doing it wrong.

• Thumbs Up 4

Listen, they had chicken nuggets in the microwave. What were they supposed to do? Give you a substantive look at the games and risk letting them get cold?

• Thumbs Up 2

That's it? That's the Sonic Central?

I guess the sonic frontiers boss looks alright but is that really all they have to show?

1654618375212.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Well.. I didn't expect all the sneak peeks being like 20 seconds. The Prime and Frontiers shorts looked cool. The Frontiers boss looked like the usual Boost game boss.

Would have liked more story details, but it's a month long thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is utterly embarrassing. I tend to give SEGA leeway, if only because my expectations with their marketing is rock bottom as it is, and even I got disappointed. This was an absolute joke.

SEGA literally organised a centralised stream that is supposed to be the be-all, end-all source of Sonic info, right from the horse's mouths. Yet instead of maybe working together with both IGN and Netflix, to have Sonic Prime's trailer and the Frontiers' hands-on impression (which apparently answers several of the critiques, and gives us much more info than anything we've gotten to see so far) here, instead what we get is less than 60 seconds of content from everything we were actually shown, a announcement of a world tour, and a blah trailer that amounts to 'buy this'.

And let's be clear here - we can't have anything IDW related, because you know - god forbid we have anything to do with the one monthly source of Sonic content that's literally about to hit it's 50th issue milestone, but we can have Ben Schwartz go up and 'give a sneak peak' (read: sell) the blu-ray, while also spoiling the movie for anyone who hasn't even seen it as of yet.

I just don't believe it, I honestly, geninuely don't. I cannot understand how one company can be this bad at marketing. To not be able to understand something as utterly obvious as not giving the big announcements away to random other companies if you wish to hold your own central info stream. Literally the only thing this stream announced was just a bunch of bullshit for people to buy, and that's it. 

They legit couldn't collab with Netflix or IGN to debut the big ticket Sonic info on their own stream, so all they can give us is literally 20 second previews, it's so pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 7

Highlights for me

- Good Sonic Origins trailer using the Sonic World music. Nothing new information wise, but still a solid trailer.

- Mephiles will get me to play Speed Battle again. Super Shadow is nice if for no other reason than getting a new render. Wish they had mentioned Gamma too.
- Nice to see Sega!Shadow in Prime, even if the "preview" was once again short.
- Jakks Pacific Egg Mobile toys! Easily the most exciting thing in the presentation to me. Gotta get it.
- Symphony Tour might be fun depending on how wide it is. Would still prefer a physical release though.
- Frontiers Prologue will probably be good, but this is too generic to really glean any information from. It sounds like it'll only be about Knuckles? That's interesting.
- Fighting the Frontiers boss isn't particularly interesting to me, though I like the design. Art direction and design work for the game is easily the most captivating part to me. Desperate for details about the story at this point.

There was literally no point to that Sonic Central presentation other than a few boops and bobs here and there.  What even was that?  Sega, I love you but honestly, you make it easy for people to say your marketing is bad because right now, it's very very true.

• Thumbs Up 3