Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation, June 7th, 2022 12PM EST

Kuzu
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Get Ready, A Sonic Central Broadcast Is Happening Tomorrow at some point.

That was so utterly pointless lmao and I thought last year’s was bad! They barely had anything to show, what’s up with this marketing??  

The only highlight for me was the Sonic Orchestra going on tour. Hell yeah! Fingers crossed it’s coming to the UK. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Listen, they had chicken nuggets in the microwave. What were they supposed to do? Give you a substantive look at the games and risk letting them get cold?

Yes? 

The central overall felt a bit pointless. Like I thought, we were already hearing about all of these projects from other sources. The Frontiers prologue was neat but considering how brief that clip was, I would not be surprised if that’s all that was completed at the time. The whole stream felt a bit slapped together considering how quickly they brushed over everything.

Still enjoyed the stream for what little new stuff we saw, but I hope next time they do it better.

So I watched this at work and thankfully that gave me a few hours to sit and marinate on the conflicting emotions it left me with. 

I think I've found myself actually kind of upset because I'm starting to feel like the products they have on display here are all, or have the potential to turn out to be, pretty good. However, the marketing here is so bad, so embarrassing, and so gutless that it's rendering it impossible to view any of it in a purely positive light.

It's like every time they tried show us something, someone on the other end got really scared and decided to pull the plug. There were no trailers here. There weren't even any full blown scenes of anything. Most of the info I gathered today about Frontiers came from the IGN thing and I read through those highlights on Twitter just fine. 

I don't know if it's a lack of confidence but if it is then it must extend to everything they have on the docket because they refused to give an inch with any of it.

I'm one of the people who actually thought the last Sonic Central was fine. Most of what that last one did were new reveals. The issue was mostly that we all already knew it was coming because all of it was leaked. Origins, Colors Ultimate, and Frontiers were all revealed there but we knew it was coming through unofficial means. The only new thing to us was the other cartoon short, Rise of the Wisps. 

They showed so much more footage last time despite that. Rise of the Wisps had a full blown trailer. It wasn't just a screenshot of Sonic looking at Sweet Mountain or whatever. I want to be excited for the Frontiers Prologue thing and that screenshot does look cool but if all you have is a gif of Knuckles standing at the Master Emerald alter, then show that on Twitter.

Ultimately, I'm starting to feel bad for all the people who worked hard on everything on display here. That includes Frontiers too. I'm starting to get it into my head that whoever's been put in charge of showing this stuff off is just incompetent on a level hither to undreamt of. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Yea, I don't think any of this is inherently bad, but Sega haven't really done a good job at telling people why should anyone care about this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

This show was essentially fine.

The main problem is that, at the time, we needed something more than just fine, and the problem was exacerbated even more by the fact that IGn of all people shone a brighter light onto Frontiers than SEGA and their marketing have so far.

• Thumbs Up 3

With the Sonic Prime "tease," Green Hill looked fine but my goodness does that model of Shadow look fugly with the frown. Looks very off. 

And that Sonic Frontiers animated prologue sneak peek of Knuckles standing in front of the Master Emerald, it raining, and.... that's it? I mean, why bother? 

9 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

With the Sonic Prime "tease," Green Hill looked fine but my goodness does that model of Shadow look fugly with the frown. Looks very off. 

And that Sonic Frontiers animated prologue sneak peek of Knuckles standing in front of the Master Emerald, it raining, and.... that's it? I mean, why bother? 

Eh, that first part is debatable. I thought Shadow looked pretty cool all things considered.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Eh, that first part is debatable. I thought Shadow looked pretty cool all things considered.

To each their own. To me, it looks like he is made out of Play-Doh. 🙄

Shadow just looks really strange in prime his face looks so weird.

17 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

He looks like a 3D Model, but less black.

Really? He looks very black...Wait that sounds wrong without context. 

Edited by Zoomzeta

• The topic was featured