Awoo.

TailsTube Episode #2 - Orbot

Sonictrainer

Tails is back with another installment of TailsTube! Today he's bringing on a mystery guest to talk all about the dangers Sonic has encountered on his journeys to save the world!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoomzeta

• Dr. Mechano

• Zaysho

• SolidSurgeTT

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually cool to finally know what happened to GUN in Forces as you think they would have been involved, which now we know they were. Now when Eggman says he put them in their place does he mean he just destroyed their entire organization entirely or do they have an organization still just that they have really fallen from grace size wise? Also love that they actually mention Eggman's real nice and that he just took on the name to stick it to Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Y'okay. As it turns out Tails was the boss of Sonic Team being interviewed the whole time. As for the questions themselves, while they mostly aren't as large of truth bombs as last times, it does pick up where the first video left off in clearing up how the Adventure era still connects to the Modern era.

In short-

Spoiler

Robotnik is still Robotnik

Gerald and Maria are still part of Shadow's backstory

Robotnik has indeed neutralized G.U.N. in the events of Forces

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say the first one was a bit more interesting, but I can't deny that TailsTube is one of the best social media content Sonic has put lately. Kinda wish it was a bit more recurrent, maybe a weekly or monthly thing, but not sure how much content they can cover.

Now I wonder how much pressurized this was to be released to cover the backslash from Frontiers, or if it was really on the plans (I mean a Sonic Central and a TailsTube in less than a week without further announcement is something to disbelieve).

• Thumbs Up 8

Great episode. Eggman quite literally stole the show.

I'm also glad to see a small acknowledgment of what happened to GUN in Forces, and why they weren't involved in the game proper. Eggman just completely steamrolled them, which makes sense. Eggman's robots are tougher than GUN's at the best of times, and with Sonic missing for six months, I don't imagine the military was much of a match for his army (and this is before we even factor in the Phantom Ruby).

It's also good to see another official mention of the name "Ivo." 

And it was nice to hear from Orbot himself that Eggman's main motivation isn't even power itself, so much as it is to be the center of attention. Something I'd already inferred from the games themselves, but it's nice to hear it in such clear words. 

All in all, I loved it. TailsTube is knocking it out of the park, first by establishing Sonic takes place on one planet, and now by a highlight episode for Eggman! Looking forward to the next one!

• Thumbs Up 8

See, that last part is stuff they should have shown and not tell—or in this case, not elaborate.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... Posting this just so you have quick reference... Tails actually twists his arm/wrist as he punches...

This actually how most martial arts teach you to punch, because it increases both accuracy and power.... ... ...

Tails knows Kung Fu!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

18 minutes ago, Supah Berry said:

Y'okay. As it turns out Tails was the boss of Sonic Team being interviewed the whole time. As for the questions themselves, while they mostly aren't as large of truth bombs as last times, it does pick up where the first video left off in clearing up how the Adventure era still connects to the Modern era.

In short-

Reveal hidden contents

Robotnik is still Robotnik

Gerald and Maria are still part of Shadow's backstory

Robotnik has indeed neutralized G.U.N. in the events of Forces

That's a kid friendly way of saying he massacred them to Oblivion. 

GUN WASN'T IN FORCES BECAUSE EGGMAN FUCKED THEM UP!

TAKE THAT, OLIVE GARDEN GUY!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

GUN WASN'T IN FORCES BECAUSE EGGMAN FUCKED THEM UP!

TAKE THAT, OLIVE GARDEN GUY!

Just like how he fucked the moon

1 hour ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

So... Posting this just so you have quick reference... Tails actually twists his arm/wrist as he punches...

This actually how most martial arts teach you to punch, because it increases both accuracy and power.... ... ...

Tails knows Kung Fu!

All together now... "EVERYBODY WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTING!!!!"

(Joking aside, does this hit at Tails *possibly* being playable in Frontiers?!) 🤔

Ahh I love these! Colleen is just perfect, and Mike is always perfect anyway.

I think maybe they had this waiting in the wings for use over the next week or two, but rolled it out a little early to boost up after Frontiers? Basing that only on the fact that they just dropped it with no prior warning. They might always have intended to just shadow drop it though I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saying that Eggman overpowered GUN during the events of Forces is, frankly, worthless. GUN was a huge part of several previous games, so their absence from a game in which Eggman conquers the world can't just be handwaved in a smidge of extraneous material in YouTube. GUN were absent from Forces because the game didn't want to include them. Simple. 

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Saying that Eggman overpowered GUN during the events of Forces is, frankly, worthless. GUN was a huge part of several previous games, so their absence from a game in which Eggman conquers the world can't just be handwaved in a smidge of extraneous material in YouTube. GUN were absent from Forces because the game didn't want to include them. Simple. 

Worthless or not, it was something that a couple of folks were talking about around the time the game came out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Yeah, but people still ask why they weren't included, in the interest of the broad overall continuity of the series. I'll take a handwavey answer over no answer.

• Thumbs Up 4

Another thought, but I love how - in no uncertain terms - they say Eggman is the most dangerous villain Sonic's ever faced.

unknown.png

Even with other threats like rogue robots, ancient gods, and alien invaders (some of which were shown in this very episode leading up to Eggman), none of them keep coming back again and again like Eggman does. He's Sonic's arch-nemesis for a reason, and it's so cool to see a piece of official media acknowledge him as the undisputed number-one villain of Sonic's world.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Another thought, but I love how - in no uncertain terms - they say Eggman is the most dangerous villain Sonic's ever faced.

unknown.png

Even with other threats like rogue robots, ancient gods, and alien invaders (some of which were shown in this very episode leading up to Eggman), none of them keep coming back again and again like Eggman does. He's Sonic's arch-nemesis for a reason, and it's so cool to see a piece of official media acknowledge him as the undisputed number-one villain of Sonic's world.

Plus, half of those threats are the result of him meddling with powers he has nebulous control over. So that just adds to his unpredictability and danger. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Yeah, but people still ask why they weren't included, in the interest of the broad overall continuity of the series. I'll take a handwavey answer over no answer.

Eh, I just don't get anything out of inconsequential lore dumps. 

I'm mostly amused how they've been using these lore dumps to walk back the mostly unspoken idea of two worlds, which still had some effect. The idea always came off more as an excuse to write out humans without completely ignoring the older games and now they have to basically explain what happened with them in games they don't appear in at all. Maybe they shouldn't have written themselves into a corner in the first place lol

• Thumbs Up 6

14 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I'm mostly amused how they've been using these lore dumps to walk back the mostly unspoken idea of two worlds, which still had some effect. The idea always came off more as an excuse to write out humans without completely ignoring the older games and now they have to basically explain what happened with them in games they don't appear in at all. Maybe they shouldn't have written themselves into a corner in the first place lol

Why do you think they're now going out of their away to explain and elaborate on these now? It can't just be Flynn's involvement, can it? 

2 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Why do you think they're now going out of their away to explain and elaborate on these now? It can't just be Flynn's involvement, can it? 

Scratch that. What does this mean for other Sonic mediums right now, such as the IDW comics and Prime? 

55 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

I don't think it has anything to do with Ian, really. His hands at IDW at least before this were tied on that, but it might be changing. For what it's worth he has his ear to the ground more than anyone at Sega does with how fans feel about this stuff, so he's probably been pushing for it in his own way but I don't know how much influence he has.

I think they're simplifying things because it was mostly an unspoken thing anyway, and we had no way of knowing how it even worked between games. They probably figured it was unnecessary especially because nowadays nostalgia for the Adventure games in particular is too strong to ignore so they're probably going to slowly work it in. Or the next few games are going to do what some of the games released after Unleashed did and have Sonic stories not take place on the planet; Colors was off-world, Generations is just time-hopping inside a void, Lost World is on a floating continent. Forces was the first game actually set on the planet in a while and before these videos started, it seemed it likely followed the "two worlds" thing because it was exclusively animal characters in a story set across the world. Frontiers might still be set outside of the regular world.

55 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Scratch that. What does this mean for other Sonic mediums right now, such as the IDW comics and Prime? 

Couldn't say. I like to think Sega might loosen their death grip on the IDW book, but it's always felt like that comic was held to different standards than the games to begin with. Or the stories will just be set across the animal islands or something. No idea about Prime or if it will even matter for that show.

All of this is guesswork though. It's obvious they changed their minds for some reason and it's overall good for us, but I'm going to assume it's not going to matter much.

• Thumbs Up 2

I found the first episode of TailsTube interesting but I the second episode bothered me because of Sonic calling his ennemy "Eggman" to make fun of him : it is based on the mistranlastion of the Western version of SONIC ADVENTURE!!...
In Japanese, Sonic says something like "Eggman" and Eggman told him to show more respect by calling him "Dr Eggman"!!...

Remember Wing Fortress Zone in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (16-bit")?!...
It was written "Eggman" on it, so I don't think Eggman would paint it on his flying base if it was just a nickmane given by Sonic to make fun of him!!...
I guess Eggman is the name he chose as a worldwide vilain!!...
I'm eager to see the Japanese version of TailsTube #02 with English subtitles to see what's the explanation in Japanese...

But I found interesting to discover what happend to the G.U.N. in SONIC FORCES : it is exactly what I imagined in my headcannon!!...

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay I thought of it as, the world in Forces is the non human one, and G.U.N sent Team Dark there to figure things out. Now, by coincidence, it's almost like a pre-reboot Archie scenario, where Eggman wants to take out the human faction but chooses to do so at a later time. Just that the time is uh, now.

I almost prefer the Two Worlds thing and this kinda reinforces it, unpopular as it sounds. Of course, ideally there wouldn't be a Sonic game where "Eggman takes over the world". 

43 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

All of this is guesswork though. It's obvious they changed their minds for some reason and it's overall good for us, but I'm going to assume it's not going to matter much.

I think non-Eggman humans must be about to appear again though, right? There was that mystery woman artwork in the first Tailstube that Ian Flynn is all #KnowingSmile about. So surely she (and perhaps other humans) will either show up in Frontiers or IDW or something soon.

• Thumbs Up 3