Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

Well, there it is.

We're getting new(?) tracks for Sonic the Hedgehog 3

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Well, there it is.

We're getting new(?) tracks for Sonic the Hedgehog 3

I just hope they aren't as short as the tracks he made for the Sonic 4 Episodic Series.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

Ice Cap is my favourite track from the classic series, so it does really sting that it seems that's gone.

That said on the flip side, what they were saying Jun Sunoue is doing to make the "new" tracks era authentic sounds really awesome and is definitely a really dedicated effort.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just to be clear this is exactly what Katie said:

"So while unfortunately we can't use all of the original sounds from the SEGA Genesis version of the game, Jun Senoue has been working really hard to adapt the original music which was composed in 1993 for Sonic Origins, going as far as reproducing it with the same sound chip from the SEGA Genesis and using his own digital audio tape collection to make this as faithful to the originals as possible".

So IMO proto tracks (for CN, IC & LB) here we come!

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, TheOcelot said:

Just to be clear this is exactly what Katie said:

"So while unfortunately we can't use all of the original sounds from the SEGA Genesis version of the game, Jun Senoue has been working really hard to adapt the original music which was composed in 1993 for Sonic Origins, going as far as reproducing it with the same sound chip from the SEGA Genesis and using his own digital audio tape collection to make this as faithful to the originals as possible".

So IMO proto tracks (for CN, IC & LC) here we come!

LC? Don't you mean LB for Launch Base?

• Absolutely 1

I'm quite amazed they actually confirmed this. I was half expecting radio silence about it until release, but good on em' for clarifying! I prefer the prototype tracks personally, so this is good news for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do hope Jun brings back the Super Sonic theme for Sonic 3 and Knuckles. The one that was also a prototype form of music for Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you’re looking for the clip, here’s one:

I guess I was bracing myself for this, so it’s not a huge disappointment. I was just hoping that Buxer’s music would be snuck in there as a secret bonus or something.

I’m quite excited to hear fresh/re-interpreted Mega Drive work from Jun Senoue though!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

Welp.

Hard Times for the fans of the Genesis' tracks. 

I like the PC Collection tracks better because they're the ones I grew up with, but the original Ice Cap, ngl... Will be missed.

• Thumbs Up 4

With Jun working on these, I wonder if this means we'll get good remixes that maybe even manage to pay subtle enough homage to the Boxer tracks as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, was there some kind of lawsuit going on that they couldn't use the original music from the games?

Just now, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

With Jun working on these, I wonder if this means we'll get good remixes that maybe even manage to pay subtle enough homage to the Boxer tracks as well.

Most likely not. Judging by the info these'll most likely be just the proto tracks but finalized

As someone whose first time with Sonic 3 was via the PC Collection, I'm fine with this. Plus it gives Origins a bit more of a unique flair.

Still a shame they couldn't get the more problematic Mega Drive tracks, but if the choices given are between making this compromise or not getting any more (non-emulated?) re-releases of 3, I'll take the former.

(...though it does make the loss of the original 360/PS3/PC ports sting a little more.)

• Thumbs Up 2

If anything I’m hoping for the inverse: exporting the music for use in Sonic 3 A.I.R. (although doing it the way you said would be nice too).

I’m interested in Sonic Origins (particularly for the Story Mode feature) but not quite enough to buy it when it drops so having access to the exclusive features of it outside the game would be an apt substitute.

Oh man… although expected… this sucks. 

I suppose getting new tracks does take the sting out of this a little bit, so it is sort of exciting… although Jun’s work on Sonic 4 was very much a 50/50 affair for me (quality / annoying tunes).

Would have gone with Tee Lopes recomposing these personally, especially after the bangers from Mania - it’s more of a surprise they didn’t actually…

As Someone who played so Sonic 3, I really like the Original Music of the Game and I think I am sad about the themes not returning but I will get used to the Tracks from the PC Collection Port of the Game, and I was worried that Tee Lopes might rearrange this but I am excited that Jun Senoue (one of the composers of the Original Version) might be remixing the Prototype Tracks for the Sonic Origins version of Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Also I think If they add Mod Support, People will port the original MJ Tracks to the Game and I like the PC Collection Tracks and I think The Ice Cap Zone Theme will be the same and it is not the same as the Original, It is a remixed version of the Prototype Version of the Track and I gotta say This Game is looking good. 

If I knew we were just getting the PC collection/Beta versions of the music with the genesis remixes we heard in the beta version and various fan hacks, then I would have no problem with this. I'm skeptical about entirely new tracks. 

I think so but I might get used to the new tracks in Sonic 3&K for Sonic Origins

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, McGroose said:

If I knew we were just getting the PC collection/Beta versions of the music with the genesis remixes we heard in the beta version and various fan hacks, then I would have no problem with this. I'm skeptical about entirely new tracks. 

Well...I don't think they are entirely new, that's why they said Senoue is adapting music from 1993. Thing is, even though the beta tracks we've heard sound way better than the PC versions, they probably weren't final. I'm guessing they're just gonna futz around with the mixes a bit until they've got it sounding the way they want to.

Worst-case scenario, you rely on mods to get the version you want, which you were probably already gonna do anyway since the PC/beta version of ice cap is way less cool than hard times.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is pretty sad and disappointing. Ice Cap Zone is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard from a video game, and the other copyright-unfriendly tracks are good too. I was already not interested in Sonic Origins for various reasons, but adding another reason to the pile is not pleasant :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Just wondering, would you guys like to see these tracks redone in the game if they are using the prototype versions?

I've been saying for years that the PC soundtrack has always been my personal preference, but obviously this is going to sting for a lot of people. It's just a shame that SEGA couldn't come to an agreement with the rights-holders regarding the final Mega Drive soundtrack. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: Metal

New music is unexpected. I certainly just thought the beta/PC tracks were gonna be used instead. Neat though, now we have 3 official soundtracks for a number of these stages.