Awoo.

DAY 10 - Poll of the Week 2: Project Needlemouse [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Project Needlemouse in the House  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Imagine it is 2010 and Project Needlemouse is all over the news again. Which of the following characters would you make playable?

• Chip
    • Charmy
    • Shadow
    • Vector
    • Shade
    • Big
    • Tikal
    • Mr. Needlemouse
    • Amy
    • Froggy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2022 at 11:00 PM

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

FReaK was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Blue - Participated in one Poll of the Week activity' and 5 points.

Amy. It would be interesting to see if she would play like in the advance series or if they would go classic style and do something completely new. Plus, I personally count her as the 5th most important character behind the main trio and eggman. I still think its a shame she wasnt used in mania.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Adamabba was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I'd pick Amy. She deserves it, she's the only one of the main 4 who didn't get to be playable in the classic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Polkadi~☆ was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I went with Mr. Needlemouse for the lols, because I know that's literally just Sonic again.

Well hey, Sonic 4 was bad because it had ONE Sonic, but it would have been a whole lot better if it had TWO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I also chose Amy because we don't know where Sonic 4 takes place in the timeline and because her connection to Sonic CD could have a tie-in with Episode 2.

Dreadknux

Multikaris was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Let’s go with Shadow… just for the massive crud storm it would cause! Story-wise, Shadow would have ended up on Mirage Island due to his pod floating there, and Eggman Re-awakened him and allowed him to catch Sonic and get through his defenses. Shadow wants to forgive Eggman, and Eggman doesn’t seem to know who Shadow is… but Sonic knows better (and also doesn’t seem to know who Shadow is) so they have to fight. Each respective Hedgehog works sorta like Nack from Triple Trouble for the other. Plus assist Eggman in E2. Gameplay-wise, Shadow can launch Chaos Spears at his enemies sorta like how Sonic uses the homing attack.

Also, it turns out Shadow was actually sent back via time travel to save Little Planet from its fate.

Dreadknux

RosaRosaRosalina was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Can't really think of any more of an explanation for Amy than others have already provided. She's really the only one left out of the adventures even after Ray and Mighty made their playable comeback. Also echoing the relevance of CD to a potential Sonic 4 rework, her significance in that game could well be a reason to see her in a new one, without becoming a damsel in distress. 

Dreadknux

Silvereyes was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Tikal is a fun, cute, interesting character that we don't see much of, due to the fact that she is dead. So I choose her just so she can be in the spotlight and playable for once.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux

Sapphirine Wind was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I interpret this question as the "pikachu wearing a sombrero" phase of Sonic 4, so I chose Shadow because, eh, he could be there.

Dreadknux

Muscles Maximum was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Definitely Vector. I love the guy, and wish he was playable more often. His multi directional double jump is lots of fun in Knuckles Chaotix, but I'm interested to see how they'd go about his move set in a 2D game like this. Whether they'd keep that or do something else, I'd be fascinated to see. His hammer down technique could be interesting, or something using bubble gum or music.

Big would be a very close second choice. Like Vector, I just love him. Big has a lot of potential for a platformer. Using his weight to build momentum, bouncing around using his body press attack, and his fishing rod for grappling or something. It'd be great. If only sega realized this potential.

Dreadknux

TheOcelot was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Definitely Shadow. The chance to play as the Ultimate Lifeform in a new 2d game just sounds so cool.

You never know perhaps he'll playable in that rumored modern 2d Sonic 5 game ;)

• The topic was unlocked
Dreadknux

Sega DogTagz was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Voted for Shade, since I can't ever see her as being a playable character ever again I would jump at any chance I can get.

Dreadknux

DaBigJ was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Voted for Shadow. I feel like he would've been an easy addition, as he could just be a Sonic clone with his own special moves. Plus, Shadow's cool.

Dreadknux

NegaMix was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Oh, right. Forgot to say who I picked.

I went with Amy. She just feels like the most logical choice to me, and having her playable in a new 2D game is something I've been wanting to see for a long time now.

I probably could've gone for something more akin to what 2010 me would've picked, but... I don't like 2010 me.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Iko said:

B... but... you actually CAN do it while moving...

1295029699_Hammerjump.gif.3813201263da3d181963a8c501455a06.gif

I genuinely didn't know you could do this. I swear I tried on GBA as a kid but figured it just didn't work, and more recently when messing with the game in an emulator it never occurred to me 'oh you need to let go of left/right and then press down+B while still moving' even though that's obviously the only way it would work on the actual hardware. It's awkward but it works. Huh.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

Mr. Ion was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I cast my vote for Mr. Needlemouse because It would've been interesting for Sega to envision what Sonic could've been had things gone a bit differently, and I think that opens up alot of creative avenues.

But, upon further thought, Amy. Like, seriously, I know she's had playable appearances, but I mean, she should be in like mainline classic-style stuff (I know advance and all that), and just playable in a similar form to Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles more often (though playable characters aren't really a thing with this series anymore). She really deserves it, Origins teased us so bad. Even the animated cutscenes, which are so amazing and are among the best pieces of Sonic animated content in the entire series, she was portrayed so well, I wish we got to see more of her, especially classic Amy.

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

Teoskaven was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

As much as it feels too obvious, I'm voting Shadow. Considering the timing and everything, it probably feels the choice SEGA would have done at the time.

Though I agree that Amy not being playable in mainline 2D games feels heretical at this point.

Dreadknux

Rabid-Coot was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Mr Needlemouse, bring in a new spikey friend thats not another hedgehog.

The term spiny mouse refers to any species of rodent within the genus Acomys.[1] Similar in appearance to mice of the genus Mus, spiny mice are small mammals with bare, scaled tails. However, their coats are endowed with unusually stiff guard hairs similar to the spines of a hedgehog; this trait is the source of the common name, spiny mouse.

Acomys.cilicicus.7029.jpg