Awoo.

Here is some Sonic Prime stuff from Geeked Week

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Big the Cat Confirmed for Sonic Prime! at some point.

2 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

Here it is. What do you all think?

Another micro-teaser with nothing really substantial going on

Edited by light-gaia
Grammar checking

That's so weird that they are giving us only 10 secs of new footage without anything very interesting. To be fair, almost all of the shows in the Geeked event had the same problem, so it is Netflix's marketing being weird. I hope we are going to get proper trailer later this summer

2 minutes ago, light-gaia said:

Another micro-teaser with nothing really substantial going on

GUARDS! SEIZE THE ONE WHO BESMERCHED BIG! 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

4 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

Here it is. What do you all think?

Sonic sounds good.

Animation's nice.

That's all I can really muster i'm sorry lol. I'm sure Prime will be decent, but Netflix really isn't doing the best with marketing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Sonic sounds good.

Animation's nice.

That's all I can really muster i'm sorry lol. I'm sure Prime will be decent, but Netflix really isn't doing the best with marketing it.

At this point, I don't know if it is Sega or Netflix marketing it, if you know what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been a big fan of this animation studio for years, and hearing this as one of their largest budget productions is surprisingly. It really shows here, which sounds weird but these animators are often attached to lower budget things constantly. It being on Netflix is a big concern though, wouldn't be surprised if the season is split up into 3 "season" chunks for 2 years or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's something about Big's design here that makes him look very adorable. I think it's his pupils being dark and reflecting a bit of light instead of the common creepy black iris with white pupils.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, Big doesn’t sound dopey enough…

It’s time to kick ass and fish for Froggy…and I’m all out of tackle.

I was expecting a full trailer that would explain the plot better. Why are they dripfeeding news for this show?

Big is here, the cartoon is good.

More substantially, I'm kind of surprised that they reached this deep, even if it's probably just a quick cameo. With Shadow also confirmed, before seeing characters like Tails and Eggman even, I wonder if we'll be seeing a significantly wider cast beyond the most obvious inclusions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who's voicing Big here? I like this take on him.

Now all we need are some more substantial clips of the show.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seems nice, it's actually pretty weird seeing Big animated so expressively, but that's a good thing lol.  My only issue is this has that typical CG cartoon issue which is probably a matter of budget, where the backgrounds are a little devoid of activity.  Sonic Boom had it too, but it's hardly a dealbreaker.  Just one of those things that is somehow more noticable in 3D than 2D cartoons.

Green Hill at dusk definitely gives the show a nice, new feeling energy, after Boom rarely strayed away from perpetual daylight unless the plot called for a nighttime scene.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted By: Ilia2008

Froggyyy~

I hope this series is good , but I not very hopeful

I had zero hopes for this show, but after this trailer I finally got interested in it.

I like the animations, they look better here than how they were in the first teaser (the slow glowing running scene that's also in this trailer, it still looks kinda dull), and I'm especially happy for Big the Cat being in the show. I'm sick of the Sonic cast being Sonic-Tails-Knuckles-Amy-Shadow 90% of the times and I'm happy to see some good old characters back at being something more than just cheerleaders (I hope).

Now I just hope that other characters will appear and not just Big for the memes; I hope most of the cast will get a chance to shine in this.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Iko said:

I had zero hopes for this show, but after this trailer I finally got interested in it.

I like the animations, they look better here than how they were in the first teaser (the slow glowing running scene that's also in this trailer, it still looks kinda dull), and I'm especially happy for Big the Cat being in the show. I'm sick of the Sonic cast being Sonic-Tails-Knuckles-Amy-Shadow 90% of the times and I'm happy to see some good old characters back at being something more than just cheerleaders (I hope).

Now I just hope that other characters will appear and not just Big for the memes; I hope most of the cast will get a chance to shine in this.

Considering the synopsis for the show revolves around the multiverse, there might be a chance that we can see non-canon characters like Sally or Wes Weasley pop up on occasion. Either that or they could be straying towards new characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I really like this voice for Big.

It's deep and relaxed, like pretty much all the other Big voices, but he sounds a bit more lively and alert at the same time. I dig it.

Genuinely really happy to see Big here. It'll be his first speaking role in a cartoon since Sonic X, so it's been a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping that is Garry Chalk as Big. I can hear a bit of Captain Rescue in his voice. But he wasn't in the cast list so hopefully that list was very incomplete and wasn't of minor roles (depending on Big's status in the show of course).

Still wonder if they're gonna make many dreams come true and get Brian Drummond (who's in) as Shadow to at least give us the Vegeta parallel! :P

Or they get him back as Knuckles but naturally with a take more expected of modern Knuckles, as his Knux sounded zilch like how Knux sounds since SA1. Funny that Bill Wise in the OVA was close to Brian's take now that I think about it...

ANOTHER barely substantial clip? Is this show coming out or not? This is getting ridiculous. It's been several years and they've still shown us next to nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Sapphirine Wind said:

Who's voicing Big here? I like this take on him.

Now all we need are some more substantial clips of the show.

2 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

You know, I really like this voice for Big.

It's deep and relaxed, like pretty much all the other Big voices, but he sounds a bit more lively and alert at the same time. I dig it.

Genuinely really happy to see Big here. It'll be his first speaking role in a cartoon since Sonic X, so it's been a while.

Apparently this guy.:

Edit: Actually, the actor clarified that he was the original voice actor of Big. Sorry, he is not voicing Big in the show. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Apparently this guy.:

"This guy" was his voice in the Adventure era (and Omega's, Gamma in Sonic Battle, and the title screen announcer in the Advance trilogy). That sounded nothing like him and the cast is pretty strictly Canadian as is traditionally the case in Canadian productions (bar some specific exceptions).

Edit: He also clarified saying it's not him in Prime:

5 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

"This guy" was his voice in the Adventure era (and Omega's, Gamma in Sonic Battle, and the title screen announcer in the Advance trilogy). That sounded nothing like him and the cast is pretty strictly Canadian as is traditionally the case in Canadian productions (bar some specific exceptions).

Well, I know about that. I did know that he clarified about Big's voice in the show. Sorry, I got a bit confused.

Posted By: DK Fan

Hm, information about Sonic Prime has been very scarce. I wonder if that’s intentional, because I don’t think it’s giving the fanbase a clear understanding of the show.