Awoo.

DAY 11 - Sonic Game Challenge 2: 'The Biggest Chonk' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Another Saturday, another Sonic Game Challenge for 30 Days of Sonic! As last week, we'll give you a full week until the end of the month to get your entries in so you have enough time to get your affairs in order.

If this is your first time participating, you'll earn this badge:

Game Blue.png

If this is your second time participating in Sonic Game Challenge, you'll be eligible for this badge:

Game Bronze.png

Sonic Game Challenge

'The Biggest Chonk'

Take a screenshot of Sonic whilst in the largest possible Frenzy (Purple Wisp) form in Sonic Colors Ultimate (or the original Sonic Colors, if you prefer)!

All you need to do to complete this challenge is play any stage in the game that features the Purple 'Frenzy' Wisp. From there, once collected and activated, you just need to make sure you chomp on enough scenery and bad guys in order to maintain Frenzy form and eventually grow in size.

There's a limit to the number of times Sonic can grow while in Frenzy form - take a snapshot of your game (using the screenshot feature on your chosen console or PC) and post it in this topic as proof of you reaching the Biggest Chonk.

I am currently looking after a baby and my copy of Colours Ultimate with the full game save happens to be on my PS5 in the living room, so I will find time to add my snapshot of this over the weekend :D Well, here's mine!

coloursult-chonkyboi.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

You keep saying Sonic Colors Ultimate, but is regular Sonic Colors okay? I'd rather not spend $40 for a remake of a game I already own just to win a forum badge.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

TheOcelot was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Act 4 of Tropical Resort:

This is as big as the Frenzy wisp grows in this act.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Nix was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

ah yes, the ultimate edition of Sonic Colors available to play on both PC and Xbox, I got you don't worry

vujHzGG.jpg

Spoiler

I'll redownload Sonic Colors Ultimate and get a screen of that version only if I have to.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Dreadknux

Indigo Rush was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

He monch

2022061115313500-74CC0F2445A7B6CF307B5F108F53457E.thumb.jpg.a9e6c6fe4ebb8d95bf765852b0a32545.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux

WanderingBleats was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

My Wii (and Wii U) are both still perfectly functional. I really have no intention of spending $40 on Ultimate. So...

frenzy.thumb.jpg.e0e18bba26fab5d97e2c0b85d563f802.jpg

This is the best I can do.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux

Dr. Mechano was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

unknown.png

Since a couple of other people used the Wii version, I'll join in with mine. Hope this counts!

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

You keep saying Sonic Colors Ultimate, but is regular Sonic Colors okay? I'd rather not spend $40 for a remake of a game I already own just to win a forum badge.

Regular Colors is also okay!

• Thumbs Up 5

Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

FU__hx_XsAAk-Mx?format=jpg&name=large

Chroma Cubes are part of a balanced breakfast

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux

Blusolyn was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

1240950589_SCUBigChonk.thumb.jpg.8a374352a38cdf8536cf67fc0fb9be55.jpg

Starlight Carnival Act 4. Sonic Colors Ultimate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

JezMM was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I had to sit through a 5 minute update of the Epic Games Store, remember my password coz I don't just stay logged in like Steam apparently, and then sit through another 5 minute update of the game itself.  Then I had to wait for the Epic Games Store to sync my save data on the cloud because my local save data (2021 Oct 21 10:05pm) didn't match my Cloud save data (2021 Oct 21 10:05pm).

So what can I say?  Definitely a worthy challenge this week!

Oh yeah, the thing.

30DayChallenge.thumb.jpg.db0e222b3a6c6a2f0a147fc41094112a.jpg

The downwards lift on Aquarium Park Act 3 is probably my fave chompy section, both the satisfaction of destroying all those blocks, AND a delicious 10-Ring inside every single one.  The lift alone contains over 50 of them, because I had to die to retake the screenshot and respawn from the checkpoint just before!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Ryannumber1gamer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Screenshot_20220612-001439.thumb.jpg.f84725a3f7b9927007328cae73aaad3c.jpg

The first instance the power up is used, but a fun one nonetheless, Asteroid Coaster Act 1 where after a short time in the stage, Sonic is faced with massive barriers blocking the way with only a new wisp to allow him to move forwards. 

A pretty cool wisp all things considered, allowing Sonic to cause greater destruction and run through thing, at the cost of slippery controls, but it's fun when you get sections that let you chain them together and cause tons of havoc. It's a pretty good intro to the mechanic, and also hides a secret path to the right as well.

(Apologies for the weird image crop, file limitations on SSMB was playing havoc again).

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Spin Slasher was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

Here is my take, also it came from Asteroid Coaster - Act 1, and i took it on my tablet since I do not have a Recording tool to take it

Screenshot 2022-06-11 8.png

Dreadknux

Iko was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Here's my megachonker:

megachonker.thumb.jpg.69686223ce94d2d679b529a0c5a623ff.jpg

Dreadknux

castell-neath was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Chonking to a red star ring in planet wisp

Screenshot_20220612-075110_YouTube.jpg

Dreadknux

Celestia was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

RV9y1PS.jpg

This is probably, and will continue to be, the worst picture in the thread. Only a bit of that blur is an in-game effect!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Sega DogTagz was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Game Challenge of the Week activity' and 5 points.

At the risk of this post not being counted, I present the Superior Purple Wisp.

purple.jpg.4fcc95e4d10e866178dc0767159b9490.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Stasis was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

1984772756_SonicColours_Ultimate_20220619130107.thumb.jpg.d312468848d8b75eee230875571deac6.jpg

Memories of that broken jump... ugh

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Covskin was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Game Challenge of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Glad I waited until the Sonic 3 & Knuckles challenge, meant I could do challenges back to back after dusting the Wii off...

I really need to clean my desk.IMG_20220626_082151_874.thumb.jpg.b03197dd094e23a85922d1f62366363d.jpg