Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

I'm sure the mods will agree with your "I do what I want" statement if they were to ever see it.

That totally doesn't come off as entitled or rude in anyway, shape, or form.

Edit: This is referring to SolidSurgeTT. Got new page'd

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Edit: This is referring to SolidSurgeTT. Got new page'd

This is why I often quote responses, just to be safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

You know, thank you for your input. I definitely see what you're saying.

However, in light of this, I have decided to double down instead of gracefully accept that I may have stepped over the line. So to that end:

I DO WHAT I WANT

I hope you understand. Arigato.

I'm sure this is meant as a joke, but it's not a good one. I said what I did to you because the discourse surrounding these games gets pretty nasty at times, and I don't think you're doing much to help.

It wasn't posted publicly (mod who responded to the report for this thread probably didn't have time, I wasn't really online most of the day, etc.), but SolidSurgeTT has been given a strike and suspension for their awful attitude so better to keep the thread moving now. But yeah, just reinforcing what was already said before they decided to get uppity. Make the conversation what you want and all.

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 9

On 6/28/2022 at 4:33 PM, NoKaine said:

This leak became more relevant:

f5nnzs8o3d291.png?width=1314&format=png&

Apparently this leak and all others which mentioned a chao garden have been debunked by Iizuka himself, and this is interesting... this one has got the SAGE design right, and the fact that she controls a titan. Lucky guess I think, or some real informations mixed with some false stuff to avoid being spotted.

RIP multiplayer mode with other characters.

• Absolutely 1

17 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

Who's to say there's no Chao Garden

Iizuka

1 hour ago, PSI Wind said:

Who's to say there's no Chao Garden, but you can raise the new creatures?

Can you imagine the backlash if they go through all the trouble to put a raising mechanic in the game only to not let you raise the one thing everyone is asking for? 

Just be shooting yourself in the foot. The entire time I spend in the rock garden (lol) all I would be thinking is why aren't these Chao? 

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Iizuka

You misinterpreted the original post. He was saying what if there's a raising mechanic for something other than chao.

Which, yeah, that would be pretty stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I'm not really interested in having any virtual pet system in a Sonic game I'd probably respect it more if they had made a new one specifically to go with this game's characters, setting, and mechanics than if they did chao again just because people have been begging for it for 20 years.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

You misinterpreted the original post. He was saying what if there's a raising mechanic for something other than chao.

Which, yeah, that would be pretty stupid.

Oh, my bad then

On 7/3/2022 at 2:12 AM, The Deleter said:

These back to back seem conclusive to me imo

njqld2lbk1991.jpg

30___Cyber_Space.jpg

Comparing Forces metropolis and there's clearly a red tint to the roads.

Having read the Game Informer article myself, he describes the Green Hill tutorial level as 1-1, Unleashed-stage (later confirmed to be Rooftop Run) as 1-2, the "metropolis" level as 1-3, Chemical Plant as the fourth level played, a Green Hill Zone rehash as the fifth, and Big the Cat's cyberspace area/shop as a sixth portal. Only room for two more cyberspace levels on the first island if there are only 7 per island. Considering the metropolis level is numbered at 1-3 and is close to both Amy and the first battle with Asura, it's likely most of the press played the stage as well. We'd probably get a mention of it explicitly being a classic Metropolis at that point, with how notorious the classic zone would be for fans, or how unique the Heroes location is.

Further confirmation on this from Brian Shea, @1:05:20 he states that he didn't play Sky Sanctuary and @1:14:54 his general impression is that there probably aren't only 7 cyberspace levels for the island; guestimates somewhere between 10 or 20 as he states he never visited the northwest corner of the map.

It's actually the opposite, what he played was only the northwestern half. If the actual number of cyber stages is even close to 20 per island...that is a little bit fucking bonkers? Going from a previously-assumed 28 stages to a potential maximum of eighty sounds completely ridiculous. I'm drawing the line and saying there can't really be more than fifty at the absolute highest, but if there's any credibility to his statements at all...SEGA, you had my interest, you are now gaining my actual excitement.

That said, if they have enough material to make 80 stages, I'm definitely going to say they should have just made thirty regular-sized acts instead of all these supposedly-tiny ones.

Maybe they did a parallel with Sonic Origins and each island is a "game", so it has around 14 acts (7 zones and 2 acts each), and level themes are different on each island? This would explain why the reuse of assets, because they are so many levels...

It's also possible that the demo build was different than the final one and that they put more stages in the first island so that people could test them without going on different islands, and the final build will have less of them.

33 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

It's actually the opposite, what he played was only the northwestern half. If the actual number of cyber stages is even close to 20 per island...that is a little bit fucking bonkers? Going from a previously-assumed 28 stages to a potential maximum of eighty sounds completely ridiculous. I'm drawing the line and saying there can't really be more than fifty at the absolute highest, but if there's any credibility to his statements at all...SEGA, you had my interest, you are now gaining my actual excitement.

That said, if they have enough material to make 80 stages, I'm definitely going to say they should have just made thirty regular-sized acts instead of all these supposedly-tiny ones.

I thought the same when reading that tweet, but Donnie was specifically reiterating the info found in that video, and at that last timestamp Brian says "I don't think I went to the northwest part of the map" outright; it was definitely a mistaken detail in that instance, unfortunately. 

I agree that 20 acts per island sounds way too high. I have no idea how large the map was in actuality to his experience, but that sounds like an insane amount of acts. 10 sounds a lot more reasonable, and if we were to even it out with an equal acts-per-theme amount, 14 sounds like a safe bet. Even then though, that's a lot more than I was expecting.

Alternatively though, if we want to get a general idea of what section of the map he didn't visit, here's the one shot we have of the map menu from the demo, alongside a mockup map someone apparently sketched out of what we've seen

1 hour ago, Iko said:

It's also possible that the demo build was different than the final one and that they put more stages in the first island so that people could test them without going on different islands, and the final build will have less of them.

I think that's a longshot no matter how many stages there actually are. If there were really the only six or seven of them spread out across the island, that would leave very large swaths of empty space between them. They're not exactly cramped in the shots we've seen of the gates so far.

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

I thought the same when reading that tweet, but Donnie was specifically reiterating the info found in that video, and at that last timestamp Brian says "I don't think I went to the northwest part of the map" outright; it was definitely a mistaken detail in that instance, unfortunately.

Well it would only make it weirder to then assert that the acts-per-island were anywhere near 20, though. I dunno, this discussion feels circular even when we're agreeing on stuff.

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

I agree that 20 acts per island sounds way too high. I have no idea how large the map was in actuality to his experience, but that sounds like an insane amount of acts. 10 sounds a lot more reasonable, and if we were to even it out with an equal acts-per-theme amount, 14 sounds like a safe bet. Even then though, that's a lot more than I was expecting.

I suppose in retrospect we could look at this game as a Sonic Colors with a big open hub map stapled onto it, and the cyber stages are sort of like a middle-ground between more fleshed-out worlds and game land stages? So in that respect, 56 stages across the game made up of (partially) reused assets floating in a void isn't actually that unreasonable...I guess. I just hope they're, y'know, fun.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Razule said:

Has it been said that you lose all the rings when you get hit or is it like a health bar?

I read in more than one place that Sonic looses a set amount of rings when he takes a blow (I think it was 40).

We also know that two of the things Sonic can level up by finding Koco's are his ring capacity (which also means he can take more hits) and his defense (probably number of rings lost per hit).

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys have to remember that Big was also in a Cyberspace gate so, by default, we know they don't all hold levels.

• Thumbs Up 4

We also know from IGN that when you have 400 rings, you unlock a faster blue boost, which I guess will be just a regular boost?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello members of The Sonic Stadium message board.

I will be going to EGX to play frontiers next month. And I intend to film the gameplay.

Just one problem. I do not have someone to hold my camera.

Whilst I could take a tripod with me. These are large and heavy and... ... no.

So if anyone is going to EGX on the Thursday or Friday and has an early entry ticket. Who doesn't mind holding my camera whilst I play frontiers for a bit. Please let me know so we can arrange something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just as a head up, at most of these events, filming the demo is explicitly not allowed... you might be going to all the trouble of getting ready for that, for nothing. I wasn't allowed to record almost any game footage (regardless of game) at PAX, at a majority of the booths.

2 hours ago, Shade Vortex said:

Just as a head up, at most of these events, filming the demo is explicitly not allowed... you might be going to all the trouble of getting ready for that, for nothing. I wasn't allowed to record almost any game footage (regardless of game) at PAX, at a majority of the booths.

This isn't my first or even third EGX.

Typically Sega have allowed filming of their Sonic games at these events. Most of the booths do allow it.

The only time I've ever seen restrictions is if the game is heavily licensed or 1 year away from release.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering how fast cam fotage of movies hit the web, surprised that one hasn't popped up yet.

Maybe JPN movies have more vigilant ushers lol

• Thumbs Up 1