Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

I don't think this is Green Hill or Sky Sanctuary. Could be wrong but looks different to me from the grainy images....

Marketing continues to be bizarre. I'm not sure why SEGA thinks this is better exposure than just releasing a goddamn trailer.

I haven't watched Switchforce's video yet, but is he somehow not under NDA, or is he just avoiding talking about specific elements under NDA?

9 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I haven't watched Switchforce's video yet, but is he somehow not under NDA, or is he just avoiding talking about specific elements under NDA?

He never actually played it that is how he got around it. It was a loophole.

12 minutes ago, Slashy said:

A mockup of the HUD made from an Anon on 4chan.

spacer.png

Found the person who made it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlueVivacity/status/1535742616977002496

• Thumbs Up 2

The triangle reticle is kind of interesting. I wonder if it'll have some sort of indication for if it'll defeat the enemy in one hit or not, like Spark the Electric Jester's 3D games; it's a really nice touch for a homing attack in something that otherwise has more involved combat.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's possible the spin dash is an unlockable move. In Kingdom Hearts, we can unlock movement skills such as glide or high jump. It's possible that Frontiers has a similar mechanic. The skill tree might have both combat and movement skills to unlock.

The game doesn't even need to have momentum physics to have the spin dash. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 both have spin dash and don't have momentum based-physics.

14 minutes ago, light-gaia said:

Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 both have spin dash and don't have momentum based-physics.

It should be pretty obvious that combined with the longer start up (Shadow) and being unable to jump out of it (Nex Gen) it was pretty useless because of that...

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

It should be pretty obvious that combined with the longer start up (Shadow) and being unable to jump out of it (Nex Gen) it was pretty useless because of that...

You still can use the spin dash to skip sections or reach different areas in both Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, even if their physics aren't anything like the Adventure games. Sonic 2006 I haven't played enough, so I have no idea

From all the leaks and videos from SGF, as well as a leak that clarifies that the CS levels are fully original (Sonic Heroes style) it makes me excited, and the impressions from the people who played it, wow, all of them mention that Frontiers is definitely something to keep your eyes and ears peeled for (also Spin-dash is back). Some people even said that the game looks, plays and feels (and is) amazing and on the verge of rivaling BoTW and ER, we definitely need to see more before we jump on conclusions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cyberspace levels possibly being remade levels kind of sucks, even if it makes sense storywise (I guess this is how sonic relearns his memories or who he is? Side note but I wonder if this game is going to be a bridge into a different way sonic acts/composes himself, now that pontaff isn't in charge for localization now)

Back on topic, I wonder if we'll have 2d sections. If this game only has the parts for 3d boost levels, then the reused levels motifs are more excusrd as a way to test the waters with 100% 3d boost levels imo.

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Slashy said:

A mockup of the HUD made from an Anon on 4chan.

spacer.png

The speedometer in the hud leaks is psyching me out; what the hell does a 1 mean to a meter that hasn't even maxed out yet

46 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

The speedometer in the hud leaks is psyching me out; what the hell does a 1 mean to a meter that hasn't even maxed out yet

Leveling up.

It most likely means leveling up.

• Fist Bump 1

Fucking hell, people like this need to not do this shit, because then you end up like the Pokémon fanbase where any valid criticism because of vocal idiots like this gets immediately discredited as unpleasable ungrateful salty haters, and gets mocked/laughed at. This is gonna make the rounds on Twitter and paint a very broad stroke of one side of the community criticizing Sega and their marketing. Lesson to anyone not a fan of the direction of something a game or company does. Don’t do this: 

• Absolutely 5

7 hours ago, light-gaia said:

You still can use the spin dash to skip sections or reach different areas in both Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, even if their physics aren't anything like the Adventure games. Sonic 2006 I haven't played enough, so I have no idea

06 is a good way to go faster while going through enemies. Its actually just the 2D Spin Dash in 3D where its useful in certain situations compared to the other 3D games.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

Fucking hell, people like this need to not do this shit, because then you end up like the Pokémon fanbase where any valid criticism because of vocal idiots like this gets immediately discredited as unpleasable ungrateful salty haters, and gets mocked/laughed at. This is gonna make the rounds on Twitter and paint a very broad stroke of one side of the community criticizing Sega and their marketing. Lesson to anyone not a fan of the direction of something a game or company does. Don’t do this: 

Geez, that guy is a sore loser here. He has no right to call her names like that and treat her like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

Wow what a hilariously outstanding cornball. At least the situation solved itself by him deleting his own profile. Either way though, I'd like to not think this irrelevant clown made any type of movement and that people are going to go on about their day feeling and acting on whatever they felt for Frontiers regardless of this guy's "influence".

Anyway, I just wanted to make notice and see if I'm not tripping or not.

Is it just me or can people not see the speedometer and "mobility" toggle huds during the cyberspace clips, too? I know these leaks were for some reason recorded with 106 B.C. technology, but I can quite clearly see the "ring" hud on the top left corner for all of these clips, whether it's white on white, blurry af, etc, but I just can't make out the other two huds specifically for both the "Not Modern SS" and "Not GHZ" clips. I just find that interesting, as if to say those huds are only hubworld specific or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah the hud definitely seems different between overworld and cyberspace. Near as I can tell, in the overworld there's the speedometer and stats in the bottom corners, one line of information and 3 icons(?) vertically underneath it in the top left, and a compass top center. In cyberspace the bottom corners are empty, the top left has two rows of information, and there's something top center that I don't think is the compass.

11 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Someone got an emerald

That's a.... Chaos Emerald!?

But well indeed. Good old Chaozu Emeraldu hunting. Not gonna lie: I actually missed them from the last games. Wonder if we can go Super in the open world. Now that would actually be kinda sick.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, light-gaia said:

The game doesn't even need to have momentum physics to have the spin dash. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 both have spin dash and don't have momentum based-physics.

Regardless on my stance with a spindash move making it into Frontiers (imo never happening until I see it with my own eyes), I do hope you know this was the main point of contention against the move in either of those games. lmao