Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

Of course this feels the same as asking why other characters are in the game if they aren't playable.

It's pointless.

I'm sorry for feeling so negative about this. Its just that Tails has been so neglected in 3D Sonic for so long!

Just for once I want to be able to soar into the sky in a 3D Environment as Tails, just like in the classic games and early 3D games.

I don't want him to be relegated to some dumbass in distress, or a wimp, or a useless cheerleader who contributes nothing... AGAIN!

1 hour ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I'm sorry for feeling so negative about this. Its just that Tails has been so neglected in 3D Sonic for so long!

Just for once I want to be able to soar into the sky in a 3D Environment as Tails, just like in the classic games and early 3D games.

I don't want him to be relegated to some dumbass in distress, or a wimp, or a useless cheerleader who contributes nothing... AGAIN!

I fully expect the sequel to not make the other characters playable despite this open zone gameplay solving the problem for characters like Tails breaking stage design.

3 hours ago, FirePheonix said:

I think this leak is starting to look more likely, as I really think there will be 28 cyberspace stages. And in general it got a lot of right things.

Екранна снимка 2022-06-16 235320.png

Екранна снимка 2022-06-16 235336.png

This leak sounds fake, it repeats stuff from other older leaks and says that you enter the cyberspace from running fast when instead the older and confirmed leaks say that they were accessed by portals since the beginning, plus we also know that the spindash is unlockable and not avaliable from the start (and it's not really a spindash but a sort of ground homing attack or a drift like in Generations). Things may have changed but the older leaks seem to align more with the actual game that was shown than this one that's newer, meaning that maybe thngs didn't change so much after all.

What I find interesting though is that it mentions the final boss being Void from Sonic Shuffle. As weird as it may seem, there is another (recent) leak which said that the main villain is a primordial thing who looks like a human child. I suck at finding sources of leaks so I don't have one, but I remember of reading about it a few days ago.

446.png

So maybe it has a chance of not being completely fake after all, though it still sounds more fake than not to me.

Honestly, I’d be okay with the idea of Tails being last as long as he’s written well. I would take a well-written, well-characterised, but shorter appearance of Tails anyday over the poorly written and characterised version of him we had in the games for years now.

There is a rumour that Sonic has to unlock memories of his friends bit by bit, BOTW-style, over the course of the game. If that’s true then I really hope we get some new stuff there, and Sonic isn’t just unlocking existing cutscenes from games we already played and saw. It would be nice to get some new interactions in there that we’ve never seen before.

• Thumbs Up 1

The level is definitely Sky Sanctuary, even with the Death Egg in the background. The "go through old levels to jog Sonic's memory" theory is pretty much confirmed. 

My only real problem is that it's the same old levels that have already been remade. I wouldn't mind old levels if they were like, Lava Reef or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

The level is definitely Sky Sanctuary, even with the Death Egg in the background. The "go through old levels to jog Sonic's memory" theory is pretty much confirmed. 

My only real problem is that it's the same old levels that have already been remade. I wouldn't mind old levels if they were like, Lava Reef or something.

I can't make it out from that distance though.

Yeah... that's 110% Sky Sanctuary. If you pause in the right spot you can certainly see the Death Egg in the background.

I'm actually not against this, just as long as these levels are as fun to play as they were in Sonic Generations. I think the idea of Sonic Recovering his memories by replaying past events / levels is a sound one. Hopefully they are designed differently and not a straight up rip of Generations, which should be the case if there is 28 of these things... although saying that maybe that WOULD be better if they were the same considering Sonic Forces level designs. I dunno. 

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Lava reef got it's extra shine in Mania.

image.png.2edc31b114b0dc67c668ec40115de955.png

• Way Past Cool 1

I've been very skeptical about that being Sky Sanctuary and it's still hard to say for certain but it definitely looks a hell of a lot like SS.

If we were going to nostalgia bait with old zones I wish they wouldn't just use the same ones they've been using since Generations. Seeing SS in Gens was a joy. Now it's like oh there's Sky Sanctuary again. I assume Chemical Plant and Seaside Hill are next in the mix then. (Although tbh I can never get enough of Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace)

I'm not against Sky Sanctuary or even Green Hill anymore, I'm legit upset if the whole cyberspace line up is really made of Generations stages. It's not even a varied selection of stages so it's just the laziest route possible.

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Lava reef got it's extra shine in Mania.

image.png.2edc31b114b0dc67c668ec40115de955.png

3D Lava Reef was never seen, though. 

13 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I'm not against Sky Sanctuary or even Green Hill anymore, I'm legit upset if the whole cyberspace line up is really made of Generations stages. It's not even a varied selection of stages so it's just the laziest route possible.

That sums it up well enough. I have no problem with them padding the level count with places we have seen recently so long as its not in spite of new locations or new oldies. 

Reusing assets in a smart way is a key to building longer games. If they give me 7-14 stages and an additional 7-14 redos who am I to complain? 

Twenty-eight unique zones strikes me as wildly unlikely, even assuming a budget increase on previous titles.  I'm going to be proceeding on an assumption of seven unique zones, four acts each, one act per island.  All recycled.

Pessimistic?  Absolutely.  But also a chance for SEGA and Sonic Team to surprise me.

On one hand, I don't mind them reusing generations assets so long as they do something original with it, and considering the scope of the game, there'll be far more than 9 stages so they'll have to go beyond just recycling generations themes.

On the other, what's fucking preventing them from using the same themes multiple times to extend the length of the game?

I understand that cutting corners on the cyberspace stages makes sense from a developing standpoint, since they're an afterthought, given the main thing of the game and probably what took the most dev time was the open zone, but I do hope they at the very least made some new reinvented classic stages if that's the route they're going.

Hopefully IF the game does well, they already have the blueprints of the open zone style, and plenty of assets to reimplement, so next time they may have the capacity to do some original stages.

Or who knows knowing this series, they'll take this game doing well as a ''they want those levels back again so they'll be in every game from now on''

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

On the other, what's fucking preventing them from using the same themes multiple times to extend the length of the game?

The same thing that prevented them from doing that for other games. 

Only Colors did anything like that, and we know that it was because they split bigger levels into smaller ones. Forces doesn't use all of its level themes for all of its characters: for example, Classic Sonic never goes to Metropolis at all. 

Lost World had the OPPOSITE problem and had too many new themes--for some reason, the second level in the desert world was a food world?

IGN says that the traditional levels have additional missions like Time Trials; that's probably how they're going to milk a level for what its worth.

Reusing stage themes shouldn't be surprising I guess, I just hope they're entirely 3d now. Has anyone mentioned the cyberspace levels having 2d elements yet?

if all the cyberspace levels are re-used from Generations I am probably going to be really disappointed

Sonic Generations was cool but I already played that game in 2011. Why am I playing it again? 

I just miss when a new Sonic game meant exploring new and creative level tropes and themes. 

The overworld is really going to have to pick up the slack here

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

Reusing stage themes shouldn't be surprising I guess, I just hope they're entirely 3d now. Has anyone mentioned the cyberspace levels having 2d elements yet?

All leaks and rumors to them say that 2D sections are cut down significantly, though they do imply that they're there.

But considering that the open world doesn't have a single 2D section, I wouldn't be worried.

We have to remember that Sonic Generations is over 10 years old now. In addition to them being classic levels, even people who first experienced them in Generations will have nostalgia for them now. This is the perfect opportunity to revisit old stages, while at the same time, introducing the new open-zone mechanic. Generations of Sonic fans, both new, old, and even older, can unite in the ultimate Sonic experience. Honestly, why would they recreate new old stages? They already made all the memorable ones. Reusing assets saves time and money that could be better spent on more important things. Why would anyone want new Sonic stages when they perfected them 11 years ago?

I doubt that every level will be from Generations, partially because there are new levels to take from since.

One thing that really disappoints me is that if the premise of the cyberspace levels is running through Sonic's memories, then we still probably wouldn't get Mania levels since Modern Sonic never "went through" that game. It sucks, because I want to see a modern Studiopolis.

I suppose I'll settle for Sunset Heights with good level design.

11 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

The same thing that prevented them from doing that for other games. 

Forces doesn't use all of its level themes for all of its characters: for example, Classic Sonic never goes to Metropolis at all. 

Not the best example given Forces had like, 5 level themes reused into 30 stages.

You go to Green Hill about five times in that game, the fact they don't recycle some of the levels HARDER isn't really a good argument.

I honestly just want to see a 3D Labyrinth and a 3D Music Plant. Will never get them (well at least the movie gave me a look at a 3D Labyrinth, though I want to play through it, not watch it in a movie).

• Thumbs Up 2