Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

There's also a big number "1" next to it. Sure feels like it implies that Sonic's speed can be upgraded.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

A closer look at the HUD, especially the cross design. One icon looks like a shield, another possibly a sword? One is just a circle, and the left one might be Sonic's shoe. I am not sure what to make of this, since it'd be weird to put individual skills like blocking or attacks on the d-pad.

Looks like stats to me, they all seem to say "Lv X/XX" (I can't make out the numbers). Think the top icon might be a ring? Circle with a little sparkle next to it.

Would be kind of weird to have stats onscreen at all times though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I assume the hud will normally only show the ring counter and speedometer for most of the time, with the other info coming either at stand still or at the press of a button

xhMkMjA.png

Well, they all say the same thing. I'm gonna guess that the number in the middle is a 3.

But I still don't really get it. If they are stats, then arranging them like that is weird, but even more so, how do you level up rings and defense separately. If the shoe(?) is Sonic's speed, then what's the number by the speedometer for? If that does indeed say "LV", then what's the text after the number?

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing new in this in footage clip, but it is absolutely sad that the marketing for this game has been so bad that even folks like this person didn't even know the game was going to be there until they...saw it there.

• Thumbs Up 2

We went from "Sega! Hire this man!" towards fans now to "Sega! Fire this man" towards the marketing team.

Why the fuck are there dash panels there, they're unnecessary additions that are only there due to a lack of trust.

Question did Sega ever say there was going to be a Sonic Frontiers Demo at Summer Games Fest?

7 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

But I still don't really get it. If they are stats, then arranging them like that is weird, but even more so, how do you level up rings and defense separately.

One for HP, one for defensive abilities (dodge, parry, etc).

If the shoe(?) is Sonic's speed, then what's the number by the speedometer for?

Shot in the dark, and I don't know shit about cars or car games, but isn't it common to show what gear you're in near the speedometer in racing games? Or maybe it's related to the boost, since there doesn't seem to be a meter for it elsewhere (though I could see them giving you infinite boost in the overworld).

If that does indeed say "LV", then what's the text after the number?

Max level. Lv 3/50 or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

New stuff!

https://i.imgur.com/1JNA53U.png

A closer look at the HUD, especially the cross design. One icon looks like a shield, another possibly a sword? One is just a circle, and the left one might be Sonic's shoe. I am not sure what to make of this, since it'd be weird to put individual skills like blocking or attacks on the d-pad.

https://i.imgur.com/kI9H1X6.mp4

A new miniboss! Can't see what it's called, but it flings projectiles and attempts some kind of ground-stomp move.

Oh, and someone else pointed this out, from the same footage as the HUD:

https://old.reddit.com/r/SonicFrontiers/comments/va5sxd/found_this_on_motion_and_we_have_a_first_look_on/

The dash panel only seems to take the speedometer up to about 1/2 of its top speed.

Interesting! I wonder if this means that there are more tricks and whatnot that players need to perform to reach max speeds, whereas dash panels are simply moreso startups for the acceleration.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

One for HP, one for defensive abilities (dodge, parry, etc).

I guess? That'd have to mean you upgrade the amount of rings sonic keeps when he gets hit, I suppose. It doesn't seem like you get combo'd.

Shot in the dark, and I don't know shit about cars or car games, but isn't it common to show what gear you're in near the speedometer in racing games?

I don't know any better than you do, but I wouldn't expect Sonic to have gears.

Or maybe it's related to the boost, since there doesn't seem to be a meter for it elsewhere (though I could see them giving you infinite boost in the overworld).

I think it might be in the top-left, which is obscured here, but I'm doubtful either way because I don't know how that would work. A limited number of boost charges?

Just now, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Interesting! I wonder if this means that there are more tricks and whatnot that players need to perform to reach max speeds, whereas dash panels are simply moreso startups for the acceleration.

It's possible, given Sonic's relatively slow acceleration in the game overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jay_Senju said:

Question did Sega ever say there was going to be a Sonic Frontiers Demo at Summer Games Fest?

No. No they didn't, as far as I know.

Unrelated, but

Guess we're getting upgraded speed

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not upset if they're reusing Green Hill and Generations assets again, but I am concerned that after all this time they still need to. Guess we're going to need three successful movies at least before SEGA's confident enough to give Sonic Team the budget to not need to rely on 10 year old assets. Eh, the Cyberspace stages are a minority of the game, and they were said to be the funnest part of it. Maybe the level design is actually good? Is that coping?

2 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:
2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

It's possible, given Sonic's relatively slow acceleration in the game overall.

Yeah, and I highly doubt that they'd leave that much room on speedometer if Sonic couldn't reach that zenith.

Possibly through either level ups, or tricks with the terrain, there might be more ways to build up and maintain speed on hand.

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

So, uh, not really sure where to put this but 

This is....interesting.

I... straight up cannot believe this until I see it myself.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

I'm not upset if they're reusing Green Hill and Generations assets again, but I am concerned that after all this time they still need to. Guess we're going to need three successful movies at least before SEGA confident to give Sonic Team the budget to not need to rely on 10 year old assets. Eh, the Cyberspace stages are a minority of the game, and they were said to be the funnest part of it. Maybe the level design is actually good? Is that coping?

Well, part of this is that we don't have a good picture of what the rest of the game, or even other cyberspace levels, look like. If there's a significant amount of new content, then it makes sense that they'd offload some of the work to stuff they'd already done. It's an open-world game, it's pretty much the exact place you expect reused content to show up.

Elden Ring is a great example. Half the shit in that game is stuff from previous FromSoft games. The Red Wolf of Radagon was un unfinished boss from Dark Souls 3. The Ulcerated Tree Spirit was...also an unfinished Dark Souls 3 boss. The Erdtree Avatars are just the Asylum Demon, a bunch of player animations haven't changed since DS1, and the crabs are literally just the exact same ones from DS3 (hmm, lotta Dark Souls 3 in there...).

The issue with Sonic Team is that there's probably ways to reuse content while still making it interesting. I already mentioned that just changing the color of the terrain, removing foliage from the mountains and adding some lava can turn green hill into hill top zone, which has never been remade in any Sonic game as far as I know. Now, they could be doing precisely this, but we haven't seen it so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Sonic Team Is going to reuse assets at least they are using stuff from a good game imo. 

That doesn't really matter. I'm cool with them lifting from Unleashed, Secret Rings, Black Knight and 06 if it means making more and better content.

Another person who (allegedly) played the game! They liked it, said the cyberspace levels are around 2:30 WITHOUT red rings, and said the spindash is a locked upgrade!?

EDIT: gonna mention here that there are some dubious details about this person's visit, and as much as I hope they're telling the truth, I'd advise not taking them too seriously.

19 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

That doesn't really matter. I'm cool with them lifting from Unleashed, Secret Rings, Black Knight and 06 if it means making more and better content.

Another person who (allegedly) played the game! They liked it, said the cyberspace levels are around 2:30 WITHOUT red rings, and said the spindash is a locked upgrade!?

There's also this 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

and said the spindash is a locked upgrade!?

There was a leak that lumped in the Spindash with the various combat moves Sonic could do. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spindash was a fancy combat animation only. 

This was the leak that mentioned having 28 cyberspace levels, and apparently got some things shown correct, although I'm still skeptical of it.

Barf boy just claimed there's fifty levels, so one of them isn't accurate.

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Some impressions from a guy who watched (but did not play) the demo.

TLDR: sounds real bad, cyberspace is also full of grind rails, game's slow and empty, also he can't stop talking about how he puked on himself.

No offence, but this sounds like a gross exaggeration of someone who didn't play it.

And when I'M saying this, that's not a good sign.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1