Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

38 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

That doesn't really matter. I'm cool with them lifting from Unleashed, Secret Rings, Black Knight and 06 if it means making more and better content.

Another person who (allegedly) played the game! They liked it, said the cyberspace levels are around 2:30 WITHOUT red rings, and said the spindash is a locked upgrade!?

Bracing for the spindash to be just a combat move like RoL but crossing my fingers that it's used in level design

Yet another point for the "void" rumor, but I have a feeling the way you access the cyberspace stages will be climbing up into the gates rather than running really fast, so either it was changed or it's just straight up wrong w/ lucky guesses. Would prefer if that ends up true as well though; CD style warping would be amazing.

19 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Some impressions from a guy who watched (but did not play) the demo.

TLDR: sounds real bad, cyberspace is also full of grind rails, game's slow and empty, also he can't stop talking about how he puked on himself.

It's interesting how most of the tweets for this demo seem to be mostly praise for this game, I'm glad to see someone take off the rose-tinted glasses. I think his viewpoints are slightly pessimistic and it doesn't help that the guy had a genuinely awful time during the event, but this does give insight into some potential issues Frontiers has. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyberspace relies too much on rails to make the levels last longer than needed. While I'm glad we're getting a decent story (hopefully) this time around, it's odd that there would be a bunch of cutscenes in just a demo like this guy said. As for the speedometer not going past 10 (???), I'm wondering if this is linked to upgrading Sonic's speed or if this is inhibited by the level design itself. 

Anyway, it's good to see both positive and negative viewpoints of the demo. No sense in just deluding ourselves about what the final game really is like. 

13 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Barf boy just claimed there's fifty levels, so one of them isn't accurate.

I'm not familiar with who/what you're talking about, could you link it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, McGroose said:

I'm not familiar with who/what you're talking about, could you link it?

It's the thing your other quote links to.

• My Emmerdoods 1

2 minutes ago, Hidden04 said:

Barfboy, aka, Switchforce is a click bait channel lol.

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't actually there.

You learn the value of clickbait once you're running a channel for yourself. The issue with his video is that it's obnoxious.

That said, 50 levels would be fucking rad if they're closer to what we've been hearing the people who aren't this guy say they're like.

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Why would there be spin-dash in the levels when there's Boost and dash panels?

From what we've seen of the game so far, the boost and dash panels aren't the be-all end-all that they were in games like Forces.

Wouldn't be surprised if the spin-dash is used for means of extra acceleration, or a unique bout of maneuvering if need be. There are endless possibilities to the reasoning.

Unless I'm missing something (I did skip around the video a bit) I think he was talking about 50 levels in the context of your stats, not 50 stages.

• Thumbs Up 4

I honestly do not mind the spin dash being an unlockable. Sure it is rather odd, but still, the fact that it is there is a good thing to me. I am guessing it will be more powerful than the boost?

4 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Yup, it's SS

Yeah there's no denying it this time, this is literally sky sanctuary

The donut fucking dies

EDIT: It's probably from this tower enemy:

I’m not normally one to follow leaks. But the marketing on this has just been rough. So i got curious what all was in here. Honestly? Kinda glad I looked, because outside that one impression, the reactions and info seems…at least fairly positive?

• Thumbs Up 1

Asura XL is likely not actually at the showroom so I wouldn't believe much of anything he's saying. Very few followers, from the other side of the country, said there's a line he had to wait in when it's a thing you book ahead of time.

But of course the clearest proof it was fake was that he mentioned a Spin Dash. You know good and well Sega doesn't know what a Spin Dash is. Ignore.

• Thumbs Up 4

image.png.99e2a68d4dda06e91ef42b13f9da5f7c.png

If this is to be taken as legit...then what the fuck is this secretive bullshit.

• Chuckle 1

The twitter guy who showed people blocking someone from getting to the game?

Or the other Twitter guy?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Hidden04 said:

9 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

If this is to be taken as legit...then what the fuck is this secretive bullshit.

yeah i call BS lol, i could've written this

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

58 minutes ago, azoo said:

Asura XL is likely not actually at the showroom so I wouldn't believe much of anything he's saying. Very few followers, from the other side of the country, said there's a line he had to wait in when it's a thing you book ahead of time.

But of course the clearest proof it was fake was that he mentioned a Spin Dash. You know good and well Sega doesn't know what a Spin Dash is. Ignore.

Fair play on asura, but really? You’re willing to bet Sonic won’t have the spin dash in the skill tree/combat anywhere? You know Sonic teams favorite thing to do outside of forgetting the spin dash is messing up the spin dash :V

43 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

"spin dash is a huge component" Wrong, immediately.

• Thumbs Up 5

The Spindash being in Sonic Frontiers only as a combat move and nothing else is an opportunity so perfectly missed that I 100% believe that is what Sega will do here.

• Chuckle 2