Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

46 minutes ago, Hidden04 said:

Sonic Frontiers is polarizing, just like BOTW when it launched.

The footage is crusty as always but I swear Sonic's massively flexing his brows around the 36 second mark. Really hoping that's not just the heavy compression and a sign of some more expressive cutscene animation this time around.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

So that Reddit AMA with the person that played frontiers…so this point they mentioned when asked how they think the reception will be is interesting 

It really is sounding like this game will be polarizing if you’ve so far been on the more optimistic or pessimistic side 

I mean, can't that be said of anything? If you're willing to give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised, if you're going in with the idea it's the worst thing ever and only wish to justify that viewpoint, not being open-minded in the process, then obviously that's what you're gonna do. If the reaction is "it's good except it's a piece of crap", it's pretty hard to see that as giving it a chance.

I'm sure when the game comes out, there'll be fair reasons for liking/disliking it, but this tweet seems pretty pointless and stating the obvious. If someone is this hell-bent on hating a game, then they're gonna stick to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another twitter guy alleging he played the game. Unlike the first one he seems to have actually been there, but this still seems sketchy. He's got less than 200 followers, claims he was simply given another person's playtime who supposedly missed, and didn't have to sign any kind of NDA.

He claims the "sky sanctuary" level somehow has Generations gameplay and Forces assets (what?), and that the game is running from 20-30 fps, which doesn't seem consistent with what we've seen and heard.

21 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

and that the game is running from 20-30 fps, which doesn't seem consistent with what we've seen and heard.

This is why I'm calling bullshit, we would've heard this by now from someone else who didn't like the game. The only consistent graphical complaints we've heard so far AFAIK are the artstyle itself and pop-in 

33 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Another twitter guy alleging he played the game. Unlike the first one he seems to have actually been there, but this still seems sketchy. He's got less than 200 followers, claims he was simply given another person's playtime who supposedly missed, and didn't have to sign any kind of NDA.

He claims the "sky sanctuary" level somehow has Generations gameplay and Forces assets (what?), and that the game is running from 20-30 fps, which doesn't seem consistent with what we've seen and heard.

He was at Summer Games Fest. He posted pictures, but he claimed that he got 20 minutes in while someone else was running late for their appointment since only people with appointments can play apparently. That's the weird part. 

Otherwise, he seems to be pointing out observational footage and nothing particularly new. He says the momentum isn't there like in the footage. And that the Sky Sanctuary level was a copy and paste of what was done in Generations, which seems... odd. Like nothing new apparently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda amazed that nobody is specifying what the linear levels are. With how much buzz there is about "Oh is it Sky Sanctuary? Is it Green Hill?" it's weird nobody who's been recording shit give an answer.

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I'm kinda amazed that nobody is specifying what the linear levels are. With how much buzz there is about "Oh is it Sky Sanctuary? Is it Green Hill?" it's weird nobody who's been recording shit give an answer.

Because NDAs. Specific impressions are coming later, which I imagine is also about pointing out what exactly the linear levels are. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, McGroose said:

This is why I'm calling bullshit, we would've heard this by now from someone else who didn't like the game. The only consistent graphical complaints we've heard so far AFAIK are the artstyle itself and pop-in 

1 hour ago, Hidden04 said:

That is completely fake. Anyway, we are getting more impressions this Monday/Tuesday.

Mm. Guess we'll see then?

There's no point putting more weight on him than anyone else just because he is going to be critical about the game. 

This goes for people who are still excited too. A negative opinion doesn't invalidate positive opinions. So don't feel like you're being threatened if he has negative impressions to say. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really gonna let the person's opinion affect mine, it's just cool to hear the thoughts of others

Yeah the fact that he didn't have to sign an NDA or sign up for an appointment is the sketchiest part of it, considering how inflexible other people have described their booth. I wouldn't think they'd start laxing on the rules all of a sudden just because.

I don't really care if their impressions are good or bad, but it's always amusing to see people clawing for one kind of impression over the other, and vice versa lol.

Yeah, I'm definitely more willing to believe the people who actually do function under the NDA stipulations. It's a really tough sell to believe this guy somehow managed to just get past all of that, which clashes with the impressions of those who actually have their hands tied.

• Thumbs Up 2

Someone should threadmark this:

-snip-

*Geoff talks about Sonic being busy, being fair and doing appointments instead of everyone racing*

Given what Sonic is, people should have been racing!

I'm kidding of course, but I couldn't resist!

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone should threadmark this:

-snip-

Summary from the replies, for those curious

Why exactly SEGA is being so secretive is up to SEGA.

Yes, there is an embargo. Some people also just don't want to divulge too much before the rest of the media catches up. The press will talk about the game more later.

They legit could not show anything or confirm that there is even a playable demo on Thursday.

Getting appointments for Frontiers was incredibly busy. It also seems that you have to get an appointment from SEGA and they don't just simply give you one?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

And that the Sky Sanctuary level was a copy and paste of what was done in Generations, which seems... odd. Like nothing new apparently.

They don't call it a "copy and paste of what was done in Generations" though. They do say it's "very similar" to it, "right down to some of the same assets", but they don't call it a "copy and paste". It's familiar, but not exact.

In fact, they later said this:

It leads me to believe that maaaybe SEGA went with a Mania-type approach with these levels? But I'm not 100% about that.

• Thumbs Up 4

That sounds sick. I love the idea of taking a level theme and changing it up. It could fit in with Sonics loss of memory.

• Thumbs Up 1

20-30 FPS doesn't sound right given that the IGN footage we've seen has largely been 60 FPS, a little bit unlocked but never dropped too much

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

They don't call it a "copy and paste of what was done in Generations" though. They do say it's "very similar" to it, "right down to some of the same assets", but they don't call it a "copy and paste". It's familiar, but not exact.

In fact, they later said this:

It leads me to believe that maaaybe SEGA went with a Mania-type approach with these levels? But I'm not 100% about that.

Isn't he supposed to be under NDA

Just now, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Isn't he supposed to be under NDA

He said he didn't have to sign one

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

Yeah no, I'm calling bullshit here

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

That goes against what Geoff said about being fair to everyone who wanted to play it instead of everyone racing to get it. Something is suspicious here. That does not count as being fair to everyone. I am sure of that.

• Thumbs Up 3

People are asking the dude to extrapolate if he could feel or tell enough of a difference in the new stages to classify them as closer to Unleashed or Forces boost levels and he legit in the same breath compared something else he saw to "Sky Sanctuary from Forces".

Not only is the lack of NDA a disturbing knock on his credibility, but this dude isn't even qualified to answer a question like that considering his lack of awareness. The uninformed masses rarely differentiate between colors/gens/unleashed boost levels. This dude is talking about something he has no clue about and exposing his lack of cred in the process.

• Thumbs Up 6