Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

16 hours ago, StaticMania said:

They really need to shake up the roster next game...

Let Amy, Tails, and Knuckles miss a game for a while.

Aw, but then I would miss Sonic interactiong with his little brother Tails! 😰

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Yes, everyone would miss that...

When it doesn't happen for one game.

True. But that next game could be 3-4 years away.

I'm also worried about Tails saying 

Spoiler

Sonic will "Barely Recognise" him next time they meet. I'm worried they are going to give Tails an age lift and and new voice.

I don't want Tails to change. I like him just the way he is! 😰

Just now, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Things can't stay the same forever, y'know

Otherwise, it just gets boring and stagnates.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Things can't stay the same forever, y'know

I know. I just don't like change. I understand the need for Tails to grow and develop as a character. I just hope he's still the same cute and cuddly little fox I know and love going forward.

2 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I know. I just don't like change. I understand the need for Tails to grow and develop as a character. I just hope he's still the same cute and cuddly little fox I know and love going forward.

Man, you need to let him grow, even just a bit. 

No offense, but saying you don't like change just makes me wonder why you even like Sonic, a series that has consistently changed so many aspects about its characterization, gameplay, tone, and more.

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

No offense, but saying you don't like change just makes me wonder why you even like Sonic, a series that has consistently changed so many aspects about its characterization, gameplay, tone, and more.

It's because of my Autism. I don't like change. I like my routine. I've been used to stories about Sonic and his "little buddy" Tails for years. Any change to that would really make me sad.

I highly doubt they're going to drastically change these iconic mascot characters, no matter how many times they say they will. So I think you can relax on anything ever significantly changing. 

Spoiler

They'll conveniently get back together in time for the next game, and talk about all of their offscreen adventures and how much it changed them. But you'll never actually get to see them....unless they let Flynn do a side comic or something, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Kuzu said:

I highly doubt they're going to drastically change these iconic mascot characters, no matter how many times they say they will. So I think you can relax on anything ever significantly changing. 

Hide contents

They'll conveniently get back together in time for the next game, and talk about all of their offscreen adventures and how much it changed them. But you'll never actually get to see them....unless they let Flynn do a side comic or something, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

Thanks mate. 

Spoiler

It's just that the story seems to imply that the main quartet won't be seeing each other for a while. Tails saying "You'll hardly recognise me" implies that Sonic Team will re-design him/age lift him, and he won't be cute anymore. 

28 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

It's because of my Autism. I don't like change. I like my routine. I've been used to stories about Sonic and his "little buddy" Tails for years. Any change to that would really make me sad.

Ah ok. Got it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails going off on his own could also be a segue into him getting his own spinoff or something. I wouldn't take it as "they're going to neglect the deuteragonist of the series" just yet.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Tails going off on his own could also be a segue into him getting his own spinoff or something. I wouldn't take it as "they're going to neglect the deuteragonist of the series" just yet.

Likewise, this could very well lead to interesting avenues. And unlike previous endeavors, it actually feels like they're willing to commit.

Spoiler

The fact that they didn't just one-off Sage is a testament to that.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/8/2022 at 7:09 PM, Dr. Mechano said:

Now that you mention it, Izuka said they were open to working with other developers on spinoff projects, so that's entirely possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

The last Tails spin off was almost three decades ago...

So forgive me for not being much of a believer. 

Like I said, a Comic book mini-series or Animation sounds more likely than a full on game. In fact, Tails is getting a Comic mini-series this year isn't he? 

14 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Like I said, a Comic book mini-series or Animation sounds more likely than a full on game. In fact, Tails is getting a Comic mini-series this year isn't he? 

He's getting an anniversary one-shot special, not a mini-series, but that's still pretty cool.

Also, Witchcart's in it, which I think makes her the first non-Eggman human in a Sonic thing (movies aside) since, what, Archie got cancelled in 2017?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

Actually, it's a one-off, but still.

I admit a full Tails game spin-off game would be unlikeley, but hey, you never know...

The games story was all over the place, but I enjoyed most of the dialogue. 

gameplay wise… I found myself getting bored of the repetitive feel of the games open world content, and the cyberspace levels with their janky controls. Not horrible, but nothings really grabbed me or had me feeling excited outside the arguably nice visuals and running from one area to the other, skipping all the busy work in between 

Spoiler

Also was absolutely floored to see they only pulled visually from THREE Gens levels. Really was thinking we’d get at least more variety in their asset reuse, but nope. GHZ, SS and CP it is, with generic city on the side.

Also speaking of the open world segments, holy hell, the last main area. If you missed 2D sections in your modern sonic, that area has you fucking covered. Which sucks. One of my compliments regarding the open zone was that at least that meant we got 3D sonic action, while the cyberspace gave us more traditional modern boost levels, 2D and all. What’s the point of the 3D open zone if they’re just gonna insert tons of 2D sections in it anyway? Baffled at how much of a crutch these segments seem to be for modern sonic design even in situations where it seems like you don’t need them 

The voice acting so far is shockingly mediocre. Tails' calm reaction to the Tornado spinning out of control at the very beginning caught me off guard lol. Everybody sounds so... disinterested? I know the intention was to make the characters feel more grounded, but I don't think they've succeeded here.

Also, some of the bosses are really janky. I've had the absolute worst experience with the Squid boss fight. I've been launched off the path twice when directly homing-attacking it to start the attack phase, but at least when I fell off, the boss music kept playing and I could enter and exit the training screen to respawn the squid next to me to continue the fight (is this intentional? Almost assuredly not lol).

Then this happened during an automated sequence and it kicked me out of the boss for good, so now I need to find it again grr

2 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Let's bring back the Bird Armada and have Metroidvania Tails again.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't help but get a laugh out of

Spoiler

Big of all people selling you Eggman's memos. it's almost like he has dirt on the man or something.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 6

I think if there's something that's actually somewhat a nice change of pace, it's how:

Spoiler

Instead of Eggman being the one who tries to harness a dangerous power that inevitably goes beyond his control and kicks him out of the plot, with Sonic having to correct his mistake, this time the Ancient Evil outright ignores Eggman and actually manipulates SONIC instead, and it's Eggman and Sage who basically end up having to play a part in saving him, and helping to deal the final blow to the true final boss.

• Thumbs Up 3