Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

So we got a cleaner look at the hud 

Things to note

* There's apparently a max level of 50 in the game, most likely will take a lot of grinding to get to it

* There's icons for hearts, keys, and gears

* It's still called Rangers internally (lol)

* Rings cap out at 400, most likely upgradable

*Speedometer in this image has a zero unlike the more blurred images

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

that's a cool HUD, the windows 10 taskbar really makes the whole thing look even better

5 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

that's a cool HUD, the windows 10 taskbar really makes the whole thing look even better

Yeah, well...I'll be playing it on Windows 11. Dat centered button cluster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Spoiler

So if this leak is correct, that white line we see sometimes over Sonic is supposed to be some kind of finisher/counter like Tanjiro from Demon Slayer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't believe that leak for the longest time due to the names and environments they were talking about, but if it's referring to the cyberspace stages themselves rather than the islands?

Holy crap that's a massive leak

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

So if this leak is correct, that white line we see sometimes over Sonic is supposed to be some kind of finisher/counter like Tanjiro from Demon Slayer. 

It only happened when that close range enemy was "about" to attack, I feel like this was pretty obvious...

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

It only happened when that close range enemy was "about" to attack, I feel like this was pretty obvious...

I guess if that's the case we may have names of the action stages. Unless those are names of the islands themselves. 

37 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

THE ANIME VIBE IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK BABY!!!!! SUPER AWESOME!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been skeptical of that leak. It's comprised mostly of stuff that we already knew or could reasonably assume at the time it was posted. It also implies that *everything* we've been officially shown is all part of JUST the 15-30 minute tutorial area before opening up into the real first island (think Great Plateau), and that just feels kind of unbelievable to me after four games of really sparse terrain stretched to its breaking point.

But the Demon Slayer thing is so specific, and it looks similar enough that I'm not sure I can be confident in that skepticism now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they're just super inaccurate with the size comparison. If they were playing through the green hill level, they were playing through the first island, and it wouldn't make sense to collect 7 chaos emeralds on just the tutorial island. There's even a forest at the back of the island where we'd presumably fight the final boss in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I should have clarified. What I think all this implies is that the area in the footage we have been shown by SEGA (this specific area with one tower, the Eggman ship, the waterfall and such) is just of the tutorial section OF the first island, not the entire first island.

And I dunno, it just looks like there's a whole lot of stuff in the area we've been shown, more than would encompass only 15 or even 30 minutes of playtime.

1 hour ago, VO.SUPER said:

At this point I'm thinking it's just some sort of "spidey sense" telling you to dodge an incoming attack. It does seem like it's linked to enemies starting up certain attacks, but we've yet to see any special counterattack linked to it, and it seems like the only time you get a little slow-mo when dodging. Though I guess, given the skill tree, there's a chance you need to unlock the counterattack part of it separately, so it's still a possibility.

• Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

At this point I'm thinking it's just some sort of "spidey sense" telling you to dodge an incoming attack.

Thats all it is. Just a visual cue to help time dodges. It actually helps quite a bit considering some of the enemies are too large to keep on screen.

55 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. What I think all this implies is that the area in the footage we have been shown by SEGA (this specific area with one tower, the Eggman ship, the waterfall and such) is just of the tutorial section OF the first island, not the entire first island.

And I dunno, it just looks like there's a whole lot of stuff in the area we've been shown, more than would encompass only 15 or even 30 minutes of playtime.

Well one of the previews mentioned they had to construct a bridge to progress. I believe:

Sonic_1.png

Everything we've seen of the general overworld gameplay is contained by what's ahead of sonic but ends at the mountains/waterfall, but specific things like the three torch puzzle, "Ninja" titan, and the tower boss - basically anything that involves a locked door - is behind Sonic, seen leading to the island in this gif:

dt9VHpd.gif

Basically a linear tutorial island you have to complete + beat the tower boss + beat the first cyberspace stage to build the bridge to access the main island. Enough content for the average demo player to get stuck on for 30 mins (considering how annoying the tutorial was apparently) without even reaching the main island for the most part.

As for what's behind the waterfall, we've seen shots of areas in the original overworld footage on the website, but whenever Sonic climbs the tower, it appears to be only as big as the first half of the island, so it can't be as large as the BotW map. Maybe a third of the size, but definitely not comparable in terms of corner-to-corner square footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Spring Valley and Metallic Metropolis. Do we think that's the name of the cyperspace levels we saw or the names of the islands? 

11 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Thats all it is. Just a visual cue to help time dodges. It actually helps quite a bit considering some of the enemies are too large to keep on screen.

It could be both. A timing for dodges and a sort of counter window. It's a pretty inspired choice, and it seems to have only shown up for big mini-boss enemies. 

That leak makes a lot more sense if those were the names of the cyberspace levels. I’m still reserving my support completely, though, because what we saw of the cyber levels seems to just be Gens stages lol

22 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

It could be both. A timing for dodges and a sort of counter window. It's a pretty inspired choice, and it seems to have only shown up for big mini-boss enemies. 

I am 99.99% sure that one of the earlier videos also shows it while he is fighting the trash mob walking scissors mooks. 

4 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I am 99.99% sure that one of the earlier videos also shows it while he is fighting the trash mob walking scissors mooks. 

Mmm, I see it now. It doesn't show up for the orb enemies or that big.... spinny propeller mob (?) but it shows up for the scissor mooks. I wonder if it's something that only shows up for a particular type of enemy, or it's an ability you can acquire later on the skill tree. 

Something I've been wondering about, what do you think the biome themes will be for the islands?

It's all but confirmed that there will be multiple islands, what do you think they'll all look like? One of the leaks said there would be 4 biomes. 

We already know about the grassland island, we'll probably get a desert island as well. What about the others?

If we're going by Sonic Lost World/Mario ripoff logic, the other two islands will probably be ice-themed and lava-themed. 

13 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

Mmm, I see it now. It doesn't show up for the orb enemies or that big.... spinny propeller mob (?) but it shows up for the scissor mooks. I wonder if it's something that only shows up for a particular type of enemy, or it's an ability you can acquire later on the skill tree. 

Both those enemies have extremely telegraphed attacks.

The orbs don't attack Sonic directly, they glow for a bit and then electrify themselves.

While the Spinning Propeller enemy only attacks when Sonic is at a distance, but it doesn't even directly aim for Sonic...just in his general direction.

Just now, StaticMania said:

Both those enemies have extremely telegraphed attacks.

The orbs don't attack Sonic directly, they glow for a bit and then electrify themselves.

While the Spinning Propeller enemy only attacks when Sonic is at a distance, but it doesn't even directly aim for Sonic...just in his general direction.

I don't think it's a good design to just have an inconsistent mechanic. Not that I'm saying you're wrong, because this game has been full of surprises, but if it worked like that I can't help but feel like that tells players the wrong thing. If this is a counter/dodge trick it should work consistent across all enemies, or at least a very specific type that is worth it, like the big boss types.

We can't forget too that the footage from that gameplay is spliced in many ways, who knows what stage of progression Sonic is at, at that point?