Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

1 hour ago, Austroid said:

(Eggman's horrible walking when he's alone in cyberspace really stuck out to me. Though that particular model never seemed very flexible to begin with...)

Compared to what?

Him walking looked fine in Lost World (and Forces)...then again, he's inexplicably in his Egg-mobile for the rest of the game in Frontiers.

Maybe they noticed.

5 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Compared to what?

Him walking looked fine in Lost World (and Forces)...then again, he's inexplicably in his Egg-mobile for the rest of the game in Frontiers.

Maybe they noticed.

Its more of a personal preference;  I never cared for the current Eggman model. He has a stumpy look to him with the thick arms, and the overly-detailed coat plus a textured 'stache throws off his relatively simple design. (Also the way his 'stache curves under his nose makes it look like he's always making a :3 face)

His CG model in Heroes has always been my favorite:

#Sonic Heroes from Sonic The Hedgeblog

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/16/2022 at 2:35 PM, The Deleter said:

It's likely the same boss; Giganto in the "full" version of Kronos can be found in the same forest Supreme is located at, per Death on Twitter:

This might interest you lol
This shows an old Set Data which has Giganto in Supreme's Area, Emerald Vaults and Cyber Space locations in both Rhea and Ouranos. The Spider Guardian is even wandering around here, similar to how it was in the CG part of the Launch Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mpB3-QyqQY&t=53s) Also really interesting is how natural the area feels. Rhea and Ouranos connect so seamlessly that you're able to constantly run in and out of them, as opposed to how the Kronos section of the island is isolated off from them (similar to how the Plateau from BOTW is isolated from the rest of the map). Rhea and Ouranos parts of the island have way more unique areas of interest than Kronos which makes me think that Ouranos and Rhea were created first, then Kronos was created later. If you go back to the original screenshots that were posted on the website (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5-yHoMySe0) and the original area view they showcased, most of it is them showing off the tutorial area, Ouranos and Rhea (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOS-AUHnzxs&t).

On 11/17/2022 at 8:34 AM, Blue Blood said:

Said leak was posted in early January 2021. The date that they played the game, and the build itself even moreso, could be from much further back. The leaks like this one all came from focus tests, the whole point of which is to get feedback on loose ideas and WIPs. Legit leaks from around the same time also said that Infinite's theme was used for the "tree" boss fight, the "ghost girl" refreshed your ring count in Super fights, overworld bosses granted orbs instead of gears, orbs granted access to cyberspace and cyberspace rewarded you with Emeralds is you did well enough. 

Bit late to the punch here but I was thinking about this when I first played the game and I have to wonder

What are the chances the leaker actually heard find your flame and mixed those two up because of how similar the progression is on top of it being the same singer?

I was expecting decent-ish post-launch support, but this looks like it'll surpass my expectations. Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my god, I was expecting only cosmetic updates… this now launches an already great game into the excellent tier. 

Playable Tails, Knuckles AND Amy?? Are you trying to give me a heart attack Sonic Team!?

That all being said, given the games’ excellent reception already, I’m really happy to see Sonic Team plug the effort into roadmapping more content and supporting this title long term. This is great stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THIS IS REAL

I'M SO HAPPY

I HOPE WE GET SNEAK PEEK OF AT LEAST THE FIRST UPDATE DURING THE GAME AWARDS

BUT AAAAAAAAAAH

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I was expecting decent-ish post-launch support, but this looks like it'll surpass my expectations. Good stuff.

No exact dates though,  which is fine really.

20 minutes ago, Sonicka said:

Oh my god, I was expecting only cosmetic updates… this now launches an already great game into the excellent tier. 

Playable Tails, Knuckles AND Amy?? Are you trying to give me a heart attack Sonic Team!?

That all being said, given the games’ excellent reception already, I’m really happy to see Sonic Team plug the effort into roadmapping more content and supporting this title long term. This is great stuff.

It's more extensive than expected. 

1 hour ago, Sonicka said:

I'm guessing the challenge modes will include a boss rush, since we see Super Sonic in that section.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...if they wanted to test out playable characters with this new formula they're going for, this seems like the game to do it. Interesting stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I'm guessing the challenge modes will include a boss rush, since we see Super Sonic in that section.

I sure hope so as these were some of the highlights of the game.

If they can fine tune these moments into a Boss Rush or some sort of time attack Rush (or find some way to make them even more challenging) then I’d be for it. 

Challenge mode will have to re-balance all the bosses, or at the very least Nerf Sonic accordingly.

At level 99, I can melt 2/3 of Supreme's health bar in a single move. If they let me carry those levels into a fight against Giganto, I'd probably topple him just by looking in his general direction.

I would have actually preferred to run on the Wyvern's back rather than the road... Not that it makes much difference, but that just sounds cooler.

• Thumbs Up 2

Running on the road would have been a lot cooler if it wasn't already used by one of the games worst mini bosses in the first island. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Turns out the 'ghost girl' who gave Super Sonic rings initially was more than likely just Amy. The 'tree robot' may have also just been a very early iteration of Giganto.

This feels like something of a double-edged sword, with the ring situation. On one hand, Amy being up there and providing Sonic with rings mid-fight probably would have been a decent user-friendly thing for the first time player - providing them with rings if they went in without many of them, or without levelling Sonic up much, or take longer to get used to the battle controls. 

On the other hand however, I do think that Amy being there to supply players with rings might not only remove a lot of the challenge choice, but also make things a bit too easy. A key thing about ring upgrades is that the more you get, the more leeway you get in the Titan fight, so if Amy was there and providing rings, it not only invalidates that, but also makes it that you don't have much of a option if you wish to challenge yourself on having a certain number of rings pre-fight or not.

In that case, the Cyloop is probably the best option we got out of it all. You can spend time to build up to max rings if you really feel you'll need them during a fight, or charge in with as few or as many as you want, if you really want to challenge yourself against the Titans.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 months later...

New Frontiers music leak, from datamining the new update's files:

(should be noted it's not confirmed to be a cyberspace track yet)

Edit:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, The Deleter said:

New Frontiers music leak, from datamining the new update's files:

(should be noted it's not confirmed to be a cyberspace track yet)

Edit:

The song's a bop. I wonder why it's left here, wasted...