Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

The warning thing, as well as the slowdown and that particular sound effect shows up during the Ninja fight as well. It seems to have only happened during a very specific attack; when the Ninja is revving up a vertical slash. It didn't show up during its combo, however.

Too specific to not be some mechanic. 

10 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

I don't think it's a good design to just have an inconsistent mechanic. Not that I'm saying you're wrong, because this game has been full of surprises, but if it worked like that I can't help but feel like that tells players the wrong thing. If this is a counter/dodge trick it should work consistent across all enemies, 

Would you even call that inconsistent though? The orb cluster technically isn't attacking you, it's defending itself. The propeller blade bot also might count as a projectile and marking it with the same system might send the wrong idea as you may or may not even be able to parry or block those. 

I'm sure it'll all shake out down the line. I am just glad that someone gave us another tool to deal with the camera, which already has to do some heavy lifting considering the different sized enemies you can run into. Now your not as dependent on needing that perfect angle in a fight. 

9 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The propeller blade bot also might count as a projectile and marking it with the same system might send the wrong idea as you may or may not even be able to parry or block those. 

The first time we heard about the parry was using it to parry that attack, IIRC.

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The first time we heard about the parry was using it to parry that attack, IIRC.

You do that and it doesn't get its propeller back, making it slightly less tedious.

48 minutes ago, McGroose said:

Something I've been wondering about, what do you think the biome themes will be for the islands?

It's all but confirmed that there will be multiple islands, what do you think they'll all look like? One of the leaks said there would be 4 biomes. 

We already know about the grassland island, we'll probably get a desert island as well. What about the others?

If we're going by Sonic Lost World/Mario ripoff logic, the other two islands will probably be ice-themed and lava-themed. 

Desert, arctic, jungle, and mechanical dystopia.

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Desert, arctic, jungle, and mechanical dystopia.

The only leak that mentioned the different types of islands said their would be 4 though. Including those 4 with the one we've got now makes 5.
I think one of the Sega reps already said there would be more diversity than just the grassland and mentioned a desert, so I imagine he was talking about one of the main islands than just one of the cyberspace levels. 
That means we've probably narrowed it down to 2 of the 4, grassland and desert. 

I mean their could be five and they might have made another one, but I feel like this game is already pretty big compared to what Sega usually does with Sonic. 

I genuinly am looking forward to seeing the file size for this game. When I saw the file size for Forces, that's when I knew that game was screwed lol 

20 minutes ago, McGroose said:

The only leak that mentioned the different types of islands said their would be 4 though. Including those 4 with the one we've got now makes 5.
I think one of the Sega reps already said there would be more diversity than just the grassland and mentioned a desert, so I imagine he was talking about one of the main islands than just one of the cyberspace levels. 

I mean their could be five and they might have made another one, but I feel like this game is already pretty big compared to what Sega usually does with Sonic. 

I genuinly am looking forward to seeing the file size for this game. When I saw the file size for Forces, that's when I knew that game was screwed lol 

I forgot how to count apparently.. in addition to the forest, just the desert, arctic, and mechanical themes then. Unless there's a secret fifth island and solely serves as the final boss location.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, McGroose said:

Spoiler

Wasn't there some word that came up recently that there would be at least 7 islands?

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:
  Hide contents

Wasn't there some word that came up recently that there would be at least 7 islands?

Was revealed to be a mistranslation:

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It was a mistranslation. Actual Portuguese speakers commentated about it. That number is not what the Brazilian guy who gave the info actually said.

Nothing really worth considering here. This guy has shown himself to mostly be clickbait several times, and all of this is unproven, and some of it directly contradicted. The "leak" a lot of people keep referring to from "the guy who got Colors Ultimate right" (note: I have never actually seen them provide a source on this) alleges things like the spindash being in the game and Sonic having a different model, which we've yet to see even a suggestion of from any legitimate source.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm still holding out hope that Frontiers still has multiple playable characters somehow, even if this leak turns out to be BS!

Given the breadth of RPG mechanics we now know this game has, it's not looking likely. Your best bet is hoping they have some place in the action stages, which sound like they have some sort of different mechanics for Sonic? Not sure about that one.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think this leak is starting to look more likely, as I really think there will be 28 cyberspace stages. And in general it got a lot of right things.

Екранна снимка 2022-06-16 235320.png

Екранна снимка 2022-06-16 235336.png

5 minutes ago, FirePheonix said:

I think this leak is starting to look more likely, as I really think there will be 28 cyberspace stages. And in general it got a lot of right things.

Екранна снимка 2022-06-16 235320.png

Екранна снимка 2022-06-16 235336.png

But we know that Cyberspace stages are actually accessed by collecting gears, don't we?

My biggest fear is that Tails will only appear at the beginning of the game and won't show up again until the end when he becomes the last character to be "rescued". That would be a really shitty thing to do to my favourite character!

I will say I love the idea of going full speed to access the cyberspace levels.

I thought it was a really neat mechanic in CD to time travel, it was just a bit iffy more often than not in that game since the level design was so against you going fast for long periods much of the time. 

Sonic Rush did something similar in spirit with its special stages where you grab onto those Special Generators and using your boost, and so long as you’ve got enough meter you’ll reach the special stage. 

I just like the idea so doing something like that in a 3D space is especially cool to me. Having to use your knowledge of the area to find an optimal route to reach speed long enough to reach cyberspace.

Hopefully it turns out to be true.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

14 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

But we know that Cyberspace stages are actually accessed by collecting gears, don't we?

A couple of the old, basically confirmed leaks mentioned orbs unlocking the cyberspace levels. Could've been placeholders; just drop a sphere with a shiny material on it until they decide what object to use or finish modeling/texturing it or whatever. Of course this in no way verifies that leak, as it could just be cribbing details from the legit leaks.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, depending on how the story plays out...

If Tails being gone for most of the game forces Sonic to interact more with literally anyone else, this is a good thing.

-----

However, we haven't seen ANY character other than Sonic, so naturally there's no reason to think this other than being negative.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, StaticMania said:

Well, depending on how the story plays out...

If Tails being gone for most of the game forces Sonic to interact more with literally anyone else, this is a good thing.

Not if you are a Tails fan like me it isn't.

Once again Sonic Team are giving my favourite fox the shaft! Why do they even bother having him in the game at all if he is barely in it?!

They've literally only shown Sonic in this game so far. Let's wait until we see concrete evidence Tails won't do much in the game before freaking out.