Awoo.

DAY 14 - Fan Game Favourites 2: 'Fan Hacks' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Multikaris was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Fan Game Favourites activities' and 10 points.

Sally in Sonic 3. This hack comes to show that with enough inventiveness, basically anyone can become Playable and even enhance a game experience overall. Using NICOLE, and her own athletics, Sally makes up for her lack of inherent powers. You can hack traps, dodge enemies, and much more. It also shows that people do still care about characters from those old cartoons and other adaptations. 

https://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_and_Sally_Acorn

Dreadknux

FReaK was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Fan Game Favourites activities' and 10 points.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:33 PM, Celestia said:

I think if I had to pick one, my fave mod is Sonic Mania's Misfit Pack.

5f5332d044bdf.jpg

It's so cool seeing all new and actually really fun level design for some controversial classic levels! And of course the upgraded visuals and remixed music are great. They do some really cool things, particularly in the second Acts, so please play the demos if you can. Or at least watch some videos. I dunno, I'm not your mom.

^ This.

There is really nothing more I could add, you should really check out this mod, it feels like it really could belong into mania.

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Fan Game Favourites activities' and 10 points.

Mine is the Sonic the Very Useful Engine Hack, where elements of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) are replaced with Thomas the Tank Engine.

Dreadknux

RosaRosaRosalina was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Game Hero Bronze - Participated in two Fan Game Favourites activities' and 10 points.

DAY 14

Here's a cool one: The S Factor: Sonia and Silver, by Aquaslash and Pals. It's one of the earliest Sonic hacks I've ever seen as soon as I've learned those were a thing, and this is one of the many few that have really blown me away. Sonia as a character is kind of rare to see in the spotlight since her Underground debut and seeing more of her around is neat as something of a fan of that show. Silver also doesn't get around much in Sonic 1 hacks either, surprisingly, but this hack manages to make him work even accounting for his unique playstyle from 06. Here's a fun fact: apparently this hack ties into that of Sonic Megamix, which explains why Sonic himself actually makes no appearance in this hack... technically.

Dreadknux

Rabid-Coot was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Game Hero Blue - Participated in one Fan Game Favourites activity' and 5 points.

Sonic 3 Complete great quality of life hack that has become my default way to play S3K.