Awoo.

DAY 15 - Question of the Week 2: 'Sonic Merch' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Sean was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Bronze - Participated in two Question of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Back in 2014-ish or so I met Tyson Hesse at Emerald City Comic Con. I picked up one of his print copies of his Boxer Hockey Sonic comics and even got him to doodle a little fiery Blaze on the inside cover!

...I don't know where it is right now and I can't find the pictures I took of it years ago.

😧

Please just use your imagination it's really cool actually OH RIGHT I NEED TO POST A PHOTO HUH well okay I also have sealed copies of Sonic Riders (Italian) and Sonic Heroes (Korean). I was hunting down all the physical PC Sonic games a few years back and the English versions are kind of hard to come by on ebay these days for cheap. Luckily I'm pretty sure these have English support anyway.

x2Vv79a.jpeg

Dreadknux

Strickerx5 was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Blue - Participated in one Question of the Week activity' and 5 points.

Wow, I don't have anything as cool as some of the stuff on this thread lol. Actually, a lot of my Sonic merch is still back at my parents house so the coolest thing I currently have (that I can take a picture of) is my wrapped 360.

IMG-3074.jpg

(other images of it that are a bit big)

Spoiler

IMG-3075.jpg

IMG-3076.jpg

Many nights of Unleashed, Generations, and the Halos were had on this.

Though, my favorite peace of merch is the huge wall scroll I have back at my parent's house. It's a simple one of Sonic and Amy but the thing was so well made that I couldn't help but love it. Got it at fucking Epcot in Disney World of all places too lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Solister was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Bronze - Participated in two Question of the Week activities' and 10 points.

Probably not as cool as much people here have posted, but I guess it's something: My Sonic CD OEM for Windows 95, Dino Edition. Seems to be kinda rare, and only works on Windows 9X (No, not even that Windows XP patch works):

owcfnd0.jpg

Cover

OPv7P54.jpg

Back Cover and Specs

r0naFTb.jpg

CD

1dMoDeo.jpg

TWO Manuals!!!!

LjhdciN.jpg

Amy with a white shirt. Note how the infamous "Sally" name change was fixed here (or never changed at all?)

zjnKOTc.jpg

Localization manual. There are a few peculiarities here. Saying to Spin (Here called "Super Spin Attack") you need to press up, instead of down, while running. Spin Dash have been renamed to "Super Spin Dash" as well, it seems that jumping in the rotating posts in Wacky Workbench is called "Super Grip".

Also, it seems that monitors are now called "Super Items".

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Nix was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Bronze - Participated in two Question of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I have some cels from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog which are really cool.

M5VoR1m.jpg

Ejznrky.jpg

ZXbXNsI.png

DkW39fx.png

Honestly, the coolest part about these things is how they weren't stored properly. The paper drawings and the cels themselves were basically stored on top of each other and the paint from the cel glued them together lol. It's just neat to get a sort of "before and after" visual representation of how they transferred the paper originals to the cel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Bronze - Participated in two Question of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I have this (non-Badnik) Silver Sonic Doll, that has all of Sonic's eyes, gloves, shoes, and fur silver.

I believe I got it from Ocean City one year.

FXU1UYnWIAcyDZ6?format=jpg&name=small

Dreadknux

RosaRosaRosalina was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Bronze - Participated in two Question of the Week activities' and 10 points.

DAY 15

I'm in a bit of a weird situation when it comes to what counts as merch, let alone what I have, but from what I can absolutely recall, it's that I have a t-shirt I got as a gift with some Sonic characters on it. It looks something like this, but not quite.

81V1wX+NfLL._AC_UX522_.jpg

The colors are instead black while the characters are placed vertically on yellow backdrop. Sadly I can't seem to find it so any reference proper won't be able to happen for the time being. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Silvereyes was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Bronze - Participated in two Question of the Week activities' and 10 points.

I'm afraid beside physical copies of Sonic games and IDW issues, I own very little merch. Doesn't help alot of it is just harder to get in the UK than (I assume) in North America or Japan. Saying that though, I do have this: the RI cover for the 2019 IDW Sonic Annual. No idea why I got sent this by my comic dealer, I didn't pay extra for this, but the fact it is a little rare and has one of my favourite Sonic covers of all time makes it a little special to me. Just a nice surprise I guess.

IDWSonicAnnual2019CoverRI.thumb.jpg.31d024ec3a9ad7e104c38acc3e0a5683.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to DAY 15 - Question of the Week 2: 'Sonic Merch' [30DOS22]