Awoo.

Sonic: Speed Strats - A Sonic the Hedgehog Mini Series

DaBigJ

New news, new topic!

You wanna know more about the upcoming Sonic Origins collection? Look no further into this funky little video right here! Seems like more will come in the future as well!

A pretty good video as well, shows off a lot of new footage of the game while showcasing all the new game modes!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

A lot of people have been bemoaning SEGA for not really demonstrating in clear-cut terms what exactly the upgrades in this collection are for those who are still seeing it as 4 ROMs thrown onto a disc, and I was among them.  Seems they're finally solving that issue and... to be fair to SEGA, I never even considered the idea that maybe they've been planning to do that this whole time, but the internet moves so damn fast that they couldn't do it any sooner than two weeks before the game launches, because there was too much chance of interest dying out of people thinking "oh I'm not gonna pre-order now, it's over a month away".

So yeah, good for them.  A bit cheeky using Sonic 2's special stage for a graphics comparison considering it's the only scene that looks extremely different in the remasters, but at the same time it's the only upgrade that is of significant importance too so sure, show that dang thing off.

• Thumbs Up 9

Neat, really late to be giving concise views of differences but still appreciated.

I wonder if this is just for origins or if it'll be the norm going forward. Maybe a frontiers speed strat?

This was really sweet and a nice way to just casually present information. I wonder if this means Sonic CD is getting a new intro for the story mode though, since they went out of their way to say the old one will be back.

Also, Tails gets a new intro for Sonic 3, which is the kind of thing I love to see. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Tails never had an intro in the the original version of 3K, so it's really cool he now has one.

This Scrap Brain mission is the "Caterkiller Swarm" mission:

[IMG]

10_en.jpg

They also teased another mission where you have to make your way up by bouncing on bumpers:

[IMG]

2 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

I wonder if this means Sonic CD is getting a new intro for the story mode though, since they went out of their way to say the old one will be back.

Yes it is. It's already been confirmed that all four games are getting new intro and ending cutscenes, whilst CD also keeps it's original FMV intro & ending cutscene. 

• Thumbs Up 5

It does, and it's probably my favorite feature of the lot in my opinion

• Thumbs Up 3

Considering this is themed around "strats" it'd be cool if the next one gave some actual strategies and advice on how to play classic sonic well.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/16/2022 at 12:11 PM, VO.SUPER said:

This was really sweet and a nice way to just casually present information. I wonder if this means Sonic CD is getting a new intro for the story mode though, since they went out of their way to say the old one will be back.

My guess is they'll separate it depending on how you play CD. If you play it as part of the back-to-back mode, then you'll get the new intro/outro. If you just play it singular on its own/classic then you get the old intro.

• Thumbs Up 2

New Speed Strats:

Just talks about Sonic 1. No new info.

Next one will be about CD.