Awoo.

DAY 17 - Poll of the Week 3: 'Favourite Crush 40 Song' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Crushin' 40 All The Time  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Crush 40 Tracks is your favourite?

• Open Your Heart
    • Live & Learn
    • Sonic Heroes
    • What I'm Made Of
    • I Am... All of Me
    • Never Turn Back
    • Knight of the Wind
    • Live Life
    • Green Light Ride
    • His World (C40 Version)
    • All Hail Shadow (C40 Version)
    • Sonic Boom (C40 Version)
    • Free (C40 Version)
    • With Me - Massive Power Mix (C40 Version)
    • Seven Rings in Hand (C40 Version)

This poll is closed to new votes

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

NikoS was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

Open Your Heart is definetely my favorite Crush40 song ever, I said on the other topic, and it hasn't changed,

BUt, i'd like to give a shout out to Seven Rings in Hand

I don't know why this is not more popular, It's, among their cover songs, the best one IMO

Dreadknux

Sean was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

I really don't care for Crush 40 whatsoever so this is a hard pick for me; SA1 and 2's theme songs are fine and great for the context they're used for, but I don't like listening to them or any of their songs by themselves. With that said, looking through the list of songs in the poll, I remember the C40 version of His World standing out to me as being much better than the regular version. I legitimately think they should have just went with this version for 06's main theme instead of Zebrahead lmao

Dreadknux

Zaysho was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

"Live and Learn" is the definitive Crush 40 song in my mind. It feels like the go-to track for that era in general and I also don't feel it really overstays its welcome. I don't think it's my favorite, but it's up there (helped that there's variations of it that play throughout SA2 in its menus and scene music, so there's a huge payoff to hearing the full song as part of the final boss fight). I think my actual favorite Crush 40 track though is "Never Turn Back" from Shadow the Hedgehog.

I'm fond of the piano bit at the beginning that's based on "I Am (All of Me)." It's like the end of a journey for Shadow from where he started and where he's headed and then the song takes off from there with Jun's signature guitar and Johnny's vocals. It's also just really catchy. Feels like a fitting ending to that chapter of the character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Nix was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.92821fe6f2b58c2b4fc224b6af58b536.jpg

my favorite is Open Your Heart because it's the best ever

Spoiler

I don't really care much for Crush 40's catalog to be honest. I can listen to a couple of them and have an ok time, but for the most part I just skip them whenever they pop up in a playlist. Open Your Heart is one of the better ones to be fair, but yeah...

Dreadknux

Piko was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Bronze - Participated in two Poll of the Week activities' and 10 points.

This was a tough one, but since I chose Live & Learn as my favourite vocal theme, I thought it would make sense to vote for that. If only you could vote more than once…

Dreadknux

Mr. Ion was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

Live and Learn, definitely. I was surprised that Open your Heart was first on the poll. I mean, it's a good song, I like it a lot, but I would've expected What I'm Made Of or something like that. To this day I can never decide whether I prefer the SA1 or SA2 versions of It Doesn't Matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

Teoskaven was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

In general, for all its problems Shadow's game has a great soundtrack so I choose something taken from there and made better to me, All Hail Shadow:

Other tracks are much more popular like Live and Learn, but i can't help but love this one.

Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

I voted for Fight the Knight

This is my favorite song in Sonic & the Black Knight and is super catchy in my opponent. As soon as I went through the list and saw it, the song started playing in my mind. Even though half of the Boss Battles in this game are...not the best in the series...

Dreadknux

RosaRosaRosalina was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

DAY 17

Considering I mentioned it earlier, it's a no brainer that I'm going with Knight of the Wind. Genuinely kind of crazy how one of the least fortunate games in the franchise gave a theme song for Sonic that characterizes who he is and what he does so well. 

I also really love the 30th anniversary remix of this, but damn it all they should've given this one an orchestra, too!

Dreadknux

Rabid-Coot was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Poll Hero Silver - Participated in three Poll of the Week activities' and 15 points.

What I'm Made of, all that power theft means nothing this is my real strength.