Awoo.

The Sonic Origins Spoilers Thread

DaBigJ

So, are they planning to patch this game? I ask because that would be good for the story mode I wish to play.

What the actual heck about that S3 glitch losing emeralds?! 

Guess I’m only playing as far as the end of Sonic 2 in the story mode before waiting for that to be patched out. I finished S1 and CD in story mode so far today but don’t wanna head into S3 with a risk of losing emerald progress.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, caitash said:

What the actual heck about that S3 glitch losing emeralds?! 

It's something that could happen in the original...

People playing this re-release have only just now felt the need to document its appearance here because it seems guaranteed to happen.

I beat launch base today then put it away, and my emeralds are all still intact. Is there any stage this glitch is more likely to happen on more than others?

Would hate to lose my emerald progress, but I don't think getting the bad ending for sonic 3 keeps you from getting the achievement so it's not the total end of the world.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

It's something that could happen in the original...

People playing this re-release have only just now felt the need to document its appearance here because it seems guaranteed to happen.

Even if this happened in vanilla S3 (which I can believe, considering what a buggy mess that game ended up being), it occurring in the Origins version more likely than not would be for entirely different reasons and not as an inherited glitch, since the Headcannon versions are all ground-up remakes sharing none of the original games' coding.

Anyway yeah uhhh I think I'll hold off from playing S3K and stick with the other games' alternative modes in the meantime while I wait for a patch. Don't want to risk losing all that progress.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just played S1 in Classic Mode. Was playing with Sonic & Tails AI enabled via level select along with seven chaos emeralds & elemental shields (stupid that we can't just select S & T AI via the normal menu which we could in the mobile remaster) and after I collected the sixth chaos emerald at the end of SY act2 the game just closed then restarted for no reason...

So I lost all my progress as I was playing via level select.

The Tails getting stuck and jump sound glitch was also present in Marble zone & Spring Yard.

I ran straight into a buzz bomber in GH act1 and lost rings which never happens in the original version or in the mobile remaster.

11 hours ago, MightyGems said:

So, are they planning to patch this game? I ask because that would be good for the story mode I wish to play.

Colours Ultimate received several post-release patches so fingers crossed Origins does as well.

5 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Colours Ultimate received several post-release patches so fingers crossed Origins does as well.

Yeah but they stopped before the job was done, stuff like the beginning of Starlight Carnival 3 being screwed up is still there, So I don't have much faith.

Also:

So anyone playing Origins knows that after picking something in the menus the blue dot that indicates it being new disappears and yet the ones at the top of the Mission Menu don't.

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the dots here? I know it's the least of the game's problems but not being able to get rid of it drives me nuts.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

The worrying part is that Origins is a Sonic Team effort, and wasn't just sent off to another studio to handle it like Colors was. Sonic Team may be too preoccupied with frontiers and see origins as "good enough" as is.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

Just now, LegoFedora said:

The worrying part is that Origins is a Sonic Team effort, and wasn't just sent off to another studio to handle it like Colors was. Sonic Team may be too preoccupied with frontiers and see origins as "good enough" as is.

The part about Sonic Frontiers, that is honestly what I was thinking. I think their preoccupation with Frontiers had some impact with Origins, but maybe not completely, as I am sure Sega itself had a role.

• Thumbs Up 3

Finally, my favourite part of Sonic Origins.

Some cool stuff. The stuff that interests me starts at about 27:00, the real good stuff kicks in at 29:30

Spoiler

lmao knuckles the cat and knuckles the spelunker

The death egg robot in 2 is driving me crazy. The timing to hit it while it’s walking forward is so small because the slightest pixel from the spikes just instakills me. There being no rings is rough. Is there a trick I’m missing?

edit: gaaaaahhh. I did it!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, LegoFedora said:

Sonic Colors Ultimate was developed by a different studio, but Sega had to hire and pay them to develop the patches. It's not like they could patch the game just because they wanted to. Stealth said he doesn't know if Sega wants them to release updates or not.

This is not something that the developers decide.

12 hours ago, Zadent said:

The death egg robot in 2 is driving me crazy. The timing to hit it while it’s walking forward is so small because the slightest pixel from the spikes just instakills me. There being no rings is rough. Is there a trick I’m missing?

edit: gaaaaahhh. I did it!!

First, congrats on beating it! Not sure if my advice will be any help now, but I'll type it out just in case.

If you're having trouble hitting him while he walks forward, don't go for that hit. There are fast or safe ways to defeat the Death Egg Robot, and unless you've beaten him ten times before, it's best to take it slow. The safest time to hit him is when he lands from a fall; any other opportunity can lead to getting unlucky and eating a hit. If that's taking too long for you, then you'll want to get in another hit when he crouches to shoot his fists. But be warned: if you hit him too early, the second fist will catch you as you bounce off of him. You want to time your attack so that the first fist goes under you as you jump towards the robot, leaving the second fist to fly over you as you are fall back to the ground. If this is too risky for you, just make sure the robot is always as far right as you can get him and spindash to the left before the arm shoots out and you'll be out of range.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone run into a glitch in Mission Mode if where you die or fail said mission, you can't exit out?  I've had to reset the game as a result every time which is rather annoying.  Also, one mission where you have to use the Lightning Shield in Marble Garden Zone I can't seem to actually USE the Lightning Shield.  For the most part, the game WORKS.  I've only played Sonic 3/Knuckles on anniversary mode and I loved it....save for lack of proper Launch Base Zone music. OOOF.  I do love the new Ice Cap music though, pretty neat stuff.  I really wish Sega would get their stuff together...I mean, they charge $45.00 for this collection that's not even physical and it's a buggy mess! Sad.

• The topic was unpinned