Awoo.

Sonic Stadium Achievements! Power Up Your Sonic Social Account With Rewards and Badges!

Dreadknux

Ayyy! Happy to see that the achievement system is here and running! As someone who's been running community events for so many years now, badges and achievements were always one of the best parts to them, being able to hand out rewards that acts as a badge of honour for taking part in that event was just neat.

Very happy that the system is back, better than ever, and is available for events once more - and I'm very glad to be able to participate in the relaunch with Sonic Musical Spectacular 2022. That rank artwork by Zaysho is also super rad. as a trophy hunter, this is gonna be an interesting time on ssmb now lol

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Dreadknux said:

badge-decadededicated.png

A Decade Dedicated: Been a member of the Sonic Community for ten years.

unknown.png

smh where's my 19 year "I survived half a dozen server wipes" badge

• Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 3
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1
  • Too Many Rings 2

Eagerly awaiting the system to kick in for the badges alone. I'm not impatient or anything, no sir, but I mean those musical badges have been adding up. 😛

Yeah I didn’t quite take into account how long the recalibration would take… haha it’s at around 3% right now!

Will probably be done by morning at this rate! Who wants to pitch a tent and camp outside?

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

It's been a long time coming. Glad the rank badges are finally out, they were months of work on and off between IRL stresses but I'm proud and excited to see the artwork hitting the site soon.

As I've gotten the OK, here's a small, sloppy image of all the incoming rank badges I designed. There is supposed to be a full progress listing rolling out to profiles after the site finally recalibrates, but in the meantime!

alliconsfinal.png

I have a bunch of draft files and layers I don't feel like sorting through at the moment (plus I have like one timelapse I don't know how I'll upload). Some of these went through multiple revisions mostly because I wanted to get them all right and consistent. The main inspirations were the classic title screens and goal signs.

Also I'm sure the rest of the mod team will finally be happy to not see me posting progress of these in chat anymore lol

Thanks to Dreadknux for giving me the opportunity and of course thanks to the mod team for their feedback and encouragement throughout this whole journey!

All of these badges look awesome!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow's smoking finger, he might want to get that looked at.

They're great.

• Chuckle 2

The rank badges are fire, the characters look super cool; and the new achievement and badges system sound fun, looking forward to it.

(and thanks for bringing the classic badges back ^_^)

• Thumbs Up 1

This is dope. 

Thanks for all of the hard work y'all put into all of this! 

Alright. This is cool. A lot of hard work clearly went into getting this going and it's amazing to see how many achievements there are to well, achieve!

Also, I got to give a shout to my buddy, @Zaysho! Man, you really put your back and elbows into those badges. Every character looks great and is incredibly expressive. Definitely a job to be proud of.👍🏾

• Thumbs Up 3

22 hours ago, Tornado said:

unknown.png

Only I'm speechless he kept that screenshot with him all those years?

That's just an image I took through archive.org yesterday going back as far as I could until the first server crash to find a post I made.

feature.gif.25d8c5c8d850e0c62265c2e56fb88996.gif

indexpic0.jpg.fb4afcf41f3c0a57d255cccb11b730c8.jpg

These are pictures I've kept on my computer all these years.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

I am still asking : what do you need to become a full member?

So i can get the conversation starter achievement 

On 7/6/2022 at 1:44 PM, qstrew said:

I am still asking : what do you need to become a full member?

So i can get the conversation starter achievement 

You will need to be levelled up from 'Newbie' status to 'Sonic Community' usergroup. Details on this, as well as why we made this change, can be found here: https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/29946-keeping-the-sonic-community-safe-some-changes-to-ssmb-forum-activity/

Everyone, if you haven't noticed already I'm happy to say that the new Achievements/Badges system is now LIVE! Thanks for your patience! I hope you have lots of fun discovering new Badges and contributing to the Community positively in order to increase your rank! :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, What a great suprise today when I logged on today and saw all these really cool badges on my account!!

The artwork is superb! Well done all in getting this rolled out!

My only "gripe" is that I will progess from Silver rank so will lose his image in my bio pic....and he is my favourite!! Lol

really cool stuff! you can really see the hard work that's been done there, really motivates to post more.

I love this addition. Very poggers 👌

Artwork on all the badges is fantastic and very very cute.

It was by pure chance that I'd log in today. The text that changes in the banner said "Snooping as usual I see." Almost like it was aware how much of an observer I had become, kinda like how I started when I first found this place. Putting nonsensical symmetry aside, it's nice to see the efforts I've heard about coming to full fruition.

The rewards are super cute. I can't believe I've been a member here for over 10 years. Makes me a little sad, thinking about it...

Love Zaysho's art too. I remember being worried that he wouldn't have time to keep up drawing when he became a Mod here. Don't know if that was ever an issue. I'm expressing thoughts I never shared, dunno why...maybe nostalgia after being inactive for so long?

I felt compelled to say something as I had said before. I'm going through some stuff IRL which has to take priority. So, I guess this was an opportunity I might not have later. Also have to give a special thanks to Dread for creating the website which contained such a kind community. We had our ups and downs, stuff I'm not proud of happened too, but that's life.

See you space cowboys.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, Tornado said:

unknown.png

Hey, at least you can still find your stuff on the Wayback Machine.

I can’t even find my stuff from back in 2005 on it. Might as well didn’t even exist—which has its perks, as I still remember some of the dumb shit I said back then.

Spoiler

Do NOT bring up what I said about Shadow’s game…😬